“Clean and quiet room in an ideal location”
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #20 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for one night in March 2014. The bed and pillows in the room were extremely comfortable, and I was impressed by how quiet the room was. We were right next to an ice machine, but the bedroom area was set so far back from the door that we didn't hear a thing all night. The room was clean, the toiletries nice, and the staff was friendly. The hotel is very convenient to Downtown Disney and all the restaurants there, as well as the parks. We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rcmann
Write a ReviewReviews (2,971)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My recent experience at the Disneyland hotel truly exceeded expectations. The room was a pool-view King room in the tower closest to Downtown Disney. It appeared to be newly-remodeled and was small, but comfortable,. It was immaculately clean, with a TV, fridge, coffee-maker, safe, and various Mickey toiletries. The bed was so comfortable, I am on a quest to find out how to buy a similar mattress. They have turndown service, which I have never understood, but I guess that's a sign of a classy hotel. The housekeepers did a nice job, and even left extra coffee packets after the first day when they must have noticed how many cups I used. A nice surprise was that it was very quiet in the area around my room throughout the stay---not a single screaming child was heard. If the hotel staff did this intentionally, it was greatly appreciated. Another delight was that the room had a standard thermostat/AC/heater system rather than the terribly loud one at most hotels. The grounds were pretty, with some nice plants and secluded sitting areas in a addition to the family-friendly pool. Trader Sam's was a nice place to relax. Only tried the overpriced breakfast oatmeal cakes (?), which were awful. Seriously, it's Disney---just get a churro for breakfast and run rampant on your sugar high. (The nearby Earl of Sandwich has great breakfast options too). It was a quick walk from the hotel to Downtown Disney and the Monorail Entrance, which is a great way to get into the park with less walking. The process for checking in to the hotel was a bit frustrating because it was busy and it took a while to get each party's tickets, room, parking, etc sorted out. The hotel parking was expensive and not very close to the entrance. If anyone from Disney is reading this, you could make tired travelers a lot happier while checking in if you offered water and maybe a small snack during busy times. Or better yet, put a Dole Whip cart in the lobby!

Room Tip: Adventure tower has a back entrance that leads right to Downtown Disney for less walking.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank nita999
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and three daughters (ages 8,7 & 2) absolutely loved our stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We upgraded to a Downtown Disney view so we could enjoy the fireworks and it was well worth it! The little Disney touches in our room from mouse ear patterned carpet, to the light up headboard made our stay even that much more magical. Our oldest girls loved the pool and spent every day there after a long day in the park...and if you forget a swim diaper for the baby... no worries! They are provided. A huge bonus for me was how clean the resort and parks were. Traveling with little kids and dealing with diaper changes can be problematic, but Disney has mult diaper changing stations in all their restrooms and they were always clean. (even saw a 'cast member' spraying down station with cleaner). Another bonus when staying at a Disney Hotel is the upgraded magic hour. Depending on the day, you can go into Disneyland or California Adventures an hour before the general public. This made a huge difference for us. While my husband got fast passes for the popular rides the girls and I rode smaller rides with little or no lines, we were sometimes even able to ride the ride over and over without getting out as no one was there. Another bonus for us, since we were traveling with a toddler, is we were able to get 'stroller passes'. My husband would take our older girls on a ride (splash mountain, thunder mountain etc.) with our Fast Pass and get a stroller pass good for three more people. So when he was off the ride he would give me the stroller pass and I was able to take our older girls on the ride again without waiting in line. This meant my girls were able to enjoy a lot of the popular rides (Cars, roller coasters, Thunder Mountain) twice in a row without waiting in line.

Complaints? The food was mediocre at best and extremely expensive. But that was expected. As well as the long waits in line.

Overall, I would stay here again. The distance to the park and the upgrades were well worth the price tag.

Room Tip: Frontier tower offers great views of Downtown Disney
4  Thank Leesha O
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here several years ago in one of the basic rooms, which was cramped for a family of four. However, we decided to make a spur of the moment trip with my daughter and her four month old (Yes, four months old. We are grandparents now......what can I say?). Thanks to an abundance of Amex points and my husbands wish to stay somewhere that had everything we needed without leaving, we booked a regal suite. The cash value on the suite was $1800 - not a bargain, by any means, but I gotta say we were extremely pleased with what we got. It's a 2 room suite, with one and a half bathrooms, 3 vanity areas, 2 closets, and a kitchenette with refrigerator, coffee maker, sink, and small countertop bar area with seats. The living room had a large couch/sleeper sofa, two large armchairs, tables, large TV, and dining table. There are 2 large dressers in each room, and a desk in the bedroom area. Drawers in the dressers are very deep and hold a lot. Closets have extra bedding, iron/ironing board, safe and robe. Our room had 2 queen beds that were very comfy. There is minimal noise, but we always expect that on a Disneyland trip, no matter where we stay, so it did not bother us.

Had room service twice. Food is quite delicious, if overpriced. Second night, the kitchen left a lot off our order, but since they didn't charge us we didn't complain (we were too tired) and shared what we had.

Having experienced the suites, I think we will only stay in these from here on out. The comfort level was so much higher and having that half bath was awesome!

5  Thank CGTraveler
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Second trip to Disney in the last few years. Stayed at the Grand Californian last time and liked it, but wanted to try something new. The Disneyland Hotel is less ritzy but a better choice if traveling with kids because it has a more kid friendly pool and just feels more Disney. Paid a little extra to get a higher view room overlooking the pool which was nice with only complaint being the music from the Tiki bar which got annoying on nights we wanted to turn in early, but was nice when we went down to the bar to enjoy it - so basically a "push". Room was a good size, clean and convenient with little Mickey touches here and there. Highly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 987xyz
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Pricey, but otherwise a lovely stay. Disney themed, but not tacky. Moderately sized room, good sized bathroom, quiet, clean, and great location. Parked in self-park and it was nice and close. Short term parking was nice to have. Valets were friendly and helpful (unlike those at the Grand Californian). Staff were friendly and helpful and eager to please and make the stay positive and enjoyable. Pool area was great (two hot tubs so not overcrowded). Close to Downtown Disney. Good restaurants (coffee shop on ground level opens early). Early access to the parks was worth it. I would stay here again. Better than the Grand Californian (except the Lobby and Storytellers Cafe, but if that matters to you, walk over to the Grand Californian!).

4  Thank Shauna K
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked a room for my son and his wife so that they could take my 2 year old Granddaughter for her birthday to Disneyland. The rooms were standard fare, not sure if they were just given a dull room of if they are all like that. For nearly $400.00 per night one would expect something a little special no? They wanted to at least have breakfast with the characters in the morning but the line was monstrous, especially when waiting with a toddler. They had to give up! Just an overall disappointment and I am sorry I booked it for them when I could have done so much better.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel?
6  Thank Aukgalgg