“Still a Favorite” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Thousand Oaks
“Still a Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Disneyland Hotel will always be a fun place to stay with my family! We've been staying there for quite a few years now. From pulling up to the entrance and being greeted by the valet staff, to checking in, to the magical lights and lullaby above the beds, to the fun pool and slides, shops and Disney atmosphere. We love it! The price of rooms however does not match the quality of the rooms. But that's the way it is if you want to stay on property. I like the Adventure Tower rooms facing Down Town Disney. You can watch the fireworks at Disneyland from your room and tune in on the television to hear the music! Ask for a room at the end of the building, more towards Paradise Pier Hotel, to avoid the noise from Down Town, as it can get loud on busier weekends. Enjoy a fun stay!

Room Tip: Adventure Tower is my favorite so far
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Tammi T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Late hotel review...

My fiance & I were in Disney for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January. Hotel was great. We spent most of our time in the parks, so we did not get to enjoy the pool. The room was great. Very clean and spacious. The decor has Disney magic, but it's not overbearing. Since we didn't have a car, Disneyland Hotel was a great location for the parks. It's less than a 10 minute walk to the parks, and after my half marathon, it was a 5 minute walk back to the room (great after tired legs!). The staff was always very attentive and nice. We told them we just got engaged, and they were able to upgrade our room. For the runDisney events, I would recommend this hotel because of the proximity to the registration, convention and race. It is very pricey though. Next time, I think I would just stay here the night before and day of the race to save on money. Great experience!

Room Tip: If you want to check out the parks on your check out day, you can check your luggage in the front an...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kay M
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I love the Disneyland Hotel. I have been staying at it with my family since it was one tower and garden apartments. It has always had that special feel that there was magic in the air. But alas, it has been redone and the Magic is gone. Gone is the underwater arcade, the "Dancing Waters" and the "Koi Pond" and her now, except for a lame gesture at keeping something Disney, the faux Monorail near the pool, you might as well be in a Marriott. It is sterile corporate architecture. Oh sure, the lobby by the business center still has some Disney photos and memorabilia, but that's about it. It seems that they "upgraded" it just to charge more and forgot the Disney part. I guess it's a great place for a corporate meeting, but as far as a Disney vacation, Mickey has "left the building". It is still a beautiful place, but very disappointing. The Disney Magic seems to have gone on vacation to the Grand Canyon.

Room Tip: Any room is a good one, if "corporate sterile" doesn't bother you.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank jonphil
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We spent three nights here for Dapper Day, so got conference rates, which was the only way we could afford this hotel. Loved the decor, the Disney touches and having Magic Mornings/ Early entry was great, especially for California Adventure Park. But that's about all you get for your money compared to other hotels. The pool area looked lovely but we did not use it as it was too cold for us, also we had no time as we were in the parks all day.

I would have been disappointed had I paid full price, we had the worst nights sleep out of the three hotels we stayed in. The beds were extremely hot, where you lay it felt like a furnace underneath. A lift was out and the other two backed up with people a lot, even though we were only 1 flight up we could not take stairs up, down yes but not up, the doors were locked from the outside. We also had a bit of a grumpy lady at the counter when we tried to change a character dining too, which left us feeling like we'd inconvenienced her. Two out of three of these things were just unlucky I suppose, it certainly didn't ruin our trip, but again with prices so high I would be upset.

I've always wanted to stay on site and did overall enjoy it, the rooms and hotel itself were beautiful and exciting and made the trip more Disney feeling, I don't know I'd stay here again, especially for the price....but I guess you have to try it once! I might consider it if we got a good price again for the kids to enjoy as I did not have them with me this time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SJJAUS
Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for four night and was surprised by how much it was like most other hotels. There was no characters walking the lobby or halls, like I had always imagined as a kid. The hotel was nice and very clean with very attentive staff. It was nice being so close to the parks and just strolling back through downtown Disney. It has a very nice pool with a couple of fun slides. There are kids everywhere and plenty of life guards around the pool. The big question is would I stay here again. Most likely not. Although it was nice to be so close, the price difference just isn't justifiable. It almost double the price of high quality hotels just across the street.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Jason M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our stay at the disneyland hotel was fantastic. The check in staff made us feel special and more excited than 5 year olds! They gave us celebration badges (1st visit, let's celebrate, just married just to name a few) to wear on our lanyards which was wonderful. The room was lovely and had just enough disney touches to make it fun but not tacky and the light up headboard was amazing! Staying at the disneyland hotel meant that we were just a short walk away from the park. Walking there was so much fun as we got to experience downtown disneyland which was wonderful in its own right. With restaurants, shops, an ice skating rink and a cinema we found lots to do both in the mornings and at night. Another great bonus about staying on site was that we could shop at disneyland during the day and our purchases would get delivered to the hotel so we didn't have to carry them all day.

The only negative was that the price seems over inflated for what you get compared to other aniheim hotels. Paying triple a night I would have expected breakfast or something else to be included.

If you can spare the extra money though it is definitely worth doing once or twice ;)

Room Tip: ask for a room with firework views
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Regine K
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here during a recent three day visit to the park. Hotel was clean, nice, well appointed with Disney decor and convenient to the park. If you have a short trip, the magic hour can be beat! Magic Hour: if you stay at one of the hotels, you can get into one of the parks an hour before they open. The Magic Hour is only at one of the parks each day.

I wished the room had more than two coffee pods /k-cup things. We needed to order coffee up via room service every day.

Also, the TP is really rough and thin.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple