“Nice hotel, but happy we got it at a discount!”
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We spent three nights here for Dapper Day, so got conference rates, which was the only way we could afford this hotel. Loved the decor, the Disney touches and having Magic Mornings/ Early entry was great, especially for California Adventure Park. But that's about all you get for your money compared to other hotels. The pool area looked lovely but we did not use it as it was too cold for us, also we had no time as we were in the parks all day.

I would have been disappointed had I paid full price, we had the worst nights sleep out of the three hotels we stayed in. The beds were extremely hot, where you lay it felt like a furnace underneath. A lift was out and the other two backed up with people a lot, even though we were only 1 flight up we could not take stairs up, down yes but not up, the doors were locked from the outside. We also had a bit of a grumpy lady at the counter when we tried to change a character dining too, which left us feeling like we'd inconvenienced her. Two out of three of these things were just unlucky I suppose, it certainly didn't ruin our trip, but again with prices so high I would be upset.

I've always wanted to stay on site and did overall enjoy it, the rooms and hotel itself were beautiful and exciting and made the trip more Disney feeling, I don't know I'd stay here again, especially for the price....but I guess you have to try it once! I might consider it if we got a good price again for the kids to enjoy as I did not have them with me this time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SJJAUS
Write a ReviewReviews (3,019)

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for four night and was surprised by how much it was like most other hotels. There was no characters walking the lobby or halls, like I had always imagined as a kid. The hotel was nice and very clean with very attentive staff. It was nice being so close to the parks and just strolling back through downtown Disney. It has a very nice pool with a couple of fun slides. There are kids everywhere and plenty of life guards around the pool. The big question is would I stay here again. Most likely not. Although it was nice to be so close, the price difference just isn't justifiable. It almost double the price of high quality hotels just across the street.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Jason M
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our stay at the disneyland hotel was fantastic. The check in staff made us feel special and more excited than 5 year olds! They gave us celebration badges (1st visit, let's celebrate, just married just to name a few) to wear on our lanyards which was wonderful. The room was lovely and had just enough disney touches to make it fun but not tacky and the light up headboard was amazing! Staying at the disneyland hotel meant that we were just a short walk away from the park. Walking there was so much fun as we got to experience downtown disneyland which was wonderful in its own right. With restaurants, shops, an ice skating rink and a cinema we found lots to do both in the mornings and at night. Another great bonus about staying on site was that we could shop at disneyland during the day and our purchases would get delivered to the hotel so we didn't have to carry them all day.

The only negative was that the price seems over inflated for what you get compared to other aniheim hotels. Paying triple a night I would have expected breakfast or something else to be included.

If you can spare the extra money though it is definitely worth doing once or twice ;)

Room Tip: ask for a room with firework views
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Regine K
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here during a recent three day visit to the park. Hotel was clean, nice, well appointed with Disney decor and convenient to the park. If you have a short trip, the magic hour can be beat! Magic Hour: if you stay at one of the hotels, you can get into one of the parks an hour before they open. The Magic Hour is only at one of the parks each day.

I wished the room had more than two coffee pods /k-cup things. We needed to order coffee up via room service every day.

Also, the TP is really rough and thin.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I had the chance to stay here for a conference. What fun, great service & lovely accommodations. The catering was amazing, it was well organized & every cast member was beyond wonderful. From the musical bed to the Mickey pretzels, it made the conference a great experience. If I was traveling with family, I would totally splurge to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank mlcdz
Reviewed March 9, 2014

You will pay 2-3X what you ought to for a standard hotel room with basic ammenities. Hotel is old but remodel was very helpful. Decor is cute and fun. Our room was clean, but wear and tear visible despite remodel. Room ammenities basic. They make it hard to prepare any food in room (on purpose.) No fridge and coffee maker makes one cup at a time.
But...Pool was fun! Service was great! Convenience is the biggest reason to stay here. It is so close to the parks that it really relieves some of the stress and commotion of a trip to Disneyland. You have one less hassle to start and end your day and for us it was so worth it! The monorail is just a short walk from the hotel to downtown disney. You can then take the monorail right into Disneyland or escape back to your room midday for a break.
This vacation was about the kids and they loved staying here. We saw Goofy on premise at check in, at check out and once at the pool...each time with no wait for a hug and a picture.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Foodiegirl40
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This older property is showing very little in the way of wear. The hotel was spotless and every aspect worked well. The reservation staff went above and beyond to accommodate my need for an operable window in my room. Most of the rooms are without any opening windows and the few they have with balconies are hard to come by. After discovering this, I called the front desk and they fixed the problem within an hour. The service was great and the staff is top notch.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business