“Great First Stay at Disneyland Hotel!”
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
San Francisco
“Great First Stay at Disneyland Hotel!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon. We flew into John Wayne Orange County airport. The airport was not far from the hotel. It took about 20 minutes on the Disneyland Express bus. The bus was convenient since we didn't bring a car seat for our 2 year old. The first stop for the bus is the Disneyland Hotel. Though the bus stop is a short walk to the entrance of the hotel. The path there wasn't so easy with roll luggage due to the many curbs and elevated walk path.

Check in was okay, I tried requesting for a room in the Adventure tower, due to recommendations from other tripadvisor reviews. But the only room they had available was in the Frontier tower (furtherest tower to downtown disney. Though the closest tower to the entrance to the water slide part of the pools. Also she said it was a larger double bed room with the daybed (sofa that converts to a daybed). The daybed worked wonderfully for our 2 year old! The room was very spacious, probably large enough to fit a family of 4-5 comfortably, the only issue would be the bathroom space. One complaint would be the very uncomfortable mattresses on the queen beds! One of the beds we had, you could hear and feel the springs. The beds are definitely not very comfortable and not good for your back, especially if you already have back issues.

The hotel is convenient to the monorail to Tomorrowland in Disneyland. It is a short walk through downtown Disney to the entrance of Disneyland Grand Californian hotel to enter California Adventure. I thought the convenience of staying at a Disney resort was worth it to have the additional options to enter the parks and also to be able to just take a short stroll and your back to your room to rest your feet and have some fun in the pool before heading back to the park.

Overall, my family had a wonderful stay at the Disney resort. Next time we'll try to save up to try out the Grand Californian hotel, maybe they have better mattresses.

The one downside of staying at the resort with out a car, is that you are stuck eating the resort food the entire stay, which isn't the greatest in taste and price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank smartravels7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (857)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I say worth every dollar and not penny because this has become a very expensive hotel to stay at. But having the hotel right there on Disney property helps make it worth it. The most important thing about staying at the Disneyland hotel is the magic never stops. Once you leave Disneyland the hotel is just as magical. The lights hidden in the head boards of the bed to the pixie dust across the top of the wall, all make this a special hotel to stay at. You can ask Mickey to give you your wake up call and sometimes special guest get autographed pictures from the characters. The rugs and fixtures are all pure Disney. Put this all together and it's the best place to stay when going to Disneyland

Room Tip: Try not to get a corner room, I think they are smaller.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SDFlipFlops
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 6, 2013

How many people actually go to the Disneyland Hotel for business? Not so many, I'm guessing. I joined my wife for a conference. So I'll first say if you're considering the Disneyland Hotel for, say, a vacation with your kids to the park then this is more of a high 4 rating. And if you're looking for a real world showroom for baby strollers, also excellent. The Disney service is really everything it's cracked up to be. Being able to get so many people on board all doing a great job is really impressive.
The rooms are recently renovated and are quite pleasant I think.
THE shortcoming that makes the whole less than the sum of the parts-- even with a great many food choices in the immediate 'downtown Disney' area-- it was very difficult to get a fresh healthy affordable option. We had a nice dinner at the steakhouse. But you don't want that every night. On a day to day basis, it's institutional food all the way around. The stay was great from many perspectives, but we were so happy to get home just to have a decent meal.

Room Tip: We were in the back of the hotel on the 2nd floor, where we worried it might be noisy, but it was fi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gbnixon
Vancouver, British columbia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just returned from a Disneyland trip and I have to say that this hotel was great. We stayed in the frontier tower on the 9 th floor . The beds are incredibly comfortable, the room was very spacious and made me feel at home. The pool is huge and the kids have a blast on the water slides.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank missvaliant
Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to pay the extra money to take our girl to the Disney hotel ( we had both stayed when we were younger) and frankly I was really disappointed. The rooms were small, they didn't even play disney movies or cartoons for when it's bedtime/naptime and you are in the room. Anyone can walk through hotel or sneak into pool. They don't even offer a kiddie pool. Everything is over priced and there is nowhere normal to eat at a decent price. The service is great though, the rooms are really clean but if I were to do it again I would stay somewhere else for less money and spend my extra money at park. And whatever happened to the boats they use to have? I would not recommended wasting your money and stayin here.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Morganseton
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel is nice, relaxed place - not top end. The rooms and clean and comfortable. I would say the staff is superb; friendly and attentive. You can tell who likes kids and who doesn't. There was a nice young gentleman, Jeremy, I think who was manning the slide who was especially kind and friendly to my little kiddo. One late afternoon my daughter stepped on a bee and was screaming and screaming like I had never heard before. I random staff member stopped and asked if he could help. We told him what happened and he suggested we call for a nurse. I can't tell you how impressed we were with the promptness and care we got from this wonderful nurse. She was up to the room almost immediately, and was thorough and so kind to our daughter. (My daughter would have been just fine without the nurse, but it made her feel so much better seeing her). The location of this hotel is awesome. We ate breakfast at this tangaloa terrace (or something like that) per someone's recommendation. Of course the food was mediocre at best, but all three of us were able to eat breakfast for under $30. And, after 4 days, we realized the food throughout all of Disneyland, downtown Disney, hotels, etc was mediocre. Pool is nice and the slides are awesome. Overall the best part is the staff. Very friendly and classy.

Room Tip: I don't think it is worth it to get a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vicki86001
ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The rooms really are the star attraction here. The beds and decor really are beautiful and very comfortable. The pool was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed the tiki lounge restaurant This place is good if you are looking for a more vacation experience versus just an amusement park visit. Great for relaxing and taking a nap, then going back to the park for the evening. The slides are great for the small and big kids alike. Plenty of hot tub space as well. While i preferred our Grand California experience, this one still ranked very high.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family