Disneyland Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
3,065 results
All reviewsadventure towergoofy's kitchengrand californiantangaroa terracedisney touchestrader samswater slideshead boardmonorail slidehidden mickeysdisney magicmagical staymonorail stationmagic hourcharacter diningpool areamickey mouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I didn't enjoy the majority of the Disneyland Hotel as much as I should have given my one-night stay, but our room was really nice and clean, and service was exceptional. I felt the shower in our room was a bit off, it's a bit of a walk to the parks, and I wished I could have used the pools. Did appreciate them keeping our luggage while we were in the second park over the day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort. It was an amazing and magical experience. I had the opportunity to stay in the Adventure Tower which was closest to the Downtown Disney area. The rooms were comfortable and nicely decorated. The handles at the sink had Mickey Mouse touches and Mickey was holding up the lights beside the mirror.

The standard view I was provided with overlooked the garden which was themed like Adventureland in the park.

The headboard was really cool with music and lights (Fireworks) all with the click of a switch.

A great benefit was the room charging privilege and the Extra Morning Hour at the parks daily.

With no doubt, I will stay on Disneyland property again during my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The room was nice, but small and not up to the standards we were expecting. We ended up requesting an upgrade the last two nights because the room was way too small for our family. The employees at the front desk weren't very friendly, which was most disappointing since you think at Disney they would pride themselves on going above and beyond in the customer service areas. When we arrived the room had some old buttons (they give the kids) under the bed, another piece of random trash that obviously didn't belong to us and wasn't cleaned well before our arrival and when I called the front desk to inform them the housekeeping manager avoided talking to us. They just said it must have been an oversight. These rooms are way too expensive to be checked in dirty!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank holmans00
Reviewed February 17, 2013

First of all, being built many years ago, the rooms seem enormous compared to newer hotels. You cannot beat the location, within walking distance to both parks and in the center of Downtown Disney. Love the new pools, even though it was too cold to enjoy them at the time of our visit.
Friendly, service oriented as you would expect Disney to be. Back to the rooms a moment. The headboard that lights up with music is charming. The subtle mouse ears in the beautiful linens and carpet is very tasteful. The only thing I can say I didn't like was the coffee and coffee maker. It didn't quite work in my room. Water spilled everywhere. I also miss having the newspaper delivered directly to my door. Other than that, a very nice stay.

Room Tip: I like the Adventure tower, closest to Downtown Disney. Nice views of Downtown Disney and the parks from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The location is excellent for a young family (Children are 4 & 9). It's right at Downtown Disney and close to the Monorail to Disneyland Park & the California Adventure Park entrance at the Grand Californian.

The hotel itself looks nice and clean. The staff member who greeted us at the door & guided us to the check-in desk was very warm, friendly, & helpful. The staff member at the check-in desk was somewhat comatose & disinterested. I had to keep asking him to repeat himself, as I had trouble hearing him. No questions about if the trip was a special occasion or first time visit. We had called a number of times in advance & our booking included a request to add on Concierge Room access. However, they changed their rules around the same time of our arrival and that access was suddenly unavailable to us, yet that was one of the reasons we chose the hotel. No reasoning provided or apologies.

We requested a standard room w/ 2 Queen size beds, which we got; however, not the big rooms shown on the website that are spacious & include a pull-out couch. Our family of 4 got a small room, no couch, & standing room only. Not a big deal, except my sister's family of 3 got one of the standard as advertised big rooms w/ a pull out couch. The real kicker was my other sister, family of 1, got the same type of big spacious room, as did my cousin, family of 3.

So, is this a "you get what you pay for?"

It's a very expensive stay which I might do again, but only for the location. The Grand Californian is more expensive, but an even better location. If I can afford it I would try that next time if the kids are still quite young.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family