3,231 results
All reviews adventure tower goofy's kitchen grand californian tangaroa terrace trader sams disney touches head board monorail slide hidden mickeys disney magic magical stay monorail station magic hour pool area character dining mickey mouse cast members
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Location, location location. Stayed here for the weekend, the proximity to Disneyland and California Adventure is great. Walk through Downtown Disney on the way. A little pricey I agree, however, how about the firework headboard, only in a Disney hotel! Our view was of the parking lot, not so great, but that's where the start and finish line were, so, kind of cool. Will for sure be back next year and do it again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank caseycami
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Although I'm writing this review 3 months too late, I figure better late than never. For YEARS I've been wanting to stay @ the Disneyland Hotel being that I'm a MAJOR Disneyland geek;-) However, my boyfriend and I have an annual vacation fund we set aside in which we take several vacation trips throughout the year. Yet, due to some of the bigger splurging trips we take around spring and summer, our hotel budget by the time we take our 2 four day Disneyland trips in October and December is pretty limited. However this time the clouds parted and Angels began to sing as a friend of mine who works for a major software company was going to be holding an Expo in Anaheim and she was able to book a block of rooms at The Disneyland Hotel from their ususal $387+ rate to a discounted rate of $159. I was ECSTATIC and we booked the room for 4 days IMMEDIATELY!

My boyfriend and I went in the 3rd week of October of 2012 to celebrate my Birthday. Upon arrival I was so excited I could barely contain myself as I've been wanting to stay at this hotel for years to consummate our Disney experience as MAJOR Disney fans. When we entered the lobby I had a smile from ear to ear as I saw all the Disney touches that make Disneyland so magical. We went to the front desk and the desk agent checked us in pretty quickly and off to our Disney accomodations we went. Walking to our room we noticed that The Disneyland Hotel grounds were neatly kept and they had an awesome Disney themed pool area and the Enchanted Tiki Bar looked pretty lively and fun. Once we reached the Frontier Tower we went to our room on the 2nd floor and upon entering my excitement deflated a bit and I would be remiss if I didn't say that I felt a little let down.

I don't know what I was expecting in regards to Disney decor but for a room that is on average $387+ a night, we were pretty underwhelmed. My boyfriend and I usually stay @ 4+ star hotels throughout the year on our other trips and I can tell you unequivocally that the room would not have been worth the $387 price if we in fact paid that much. We were told that rooms were recently renovated which was nice to hear and there were Disney touches that in all fairness cannot be overlooked, but for the price, the room was better than average however thats not saying much considering the insane room rate which thankfully we didn't have to pay.

Some of the Disney touches included the subtle Mickey designs in the carpet, the subtle Disney fixture's in the bathroom, the few pieces of black & white photo art on the walls and the comfy beds with a Disney phrased pillow. My favorite touch to the room was the Disney head board that lights up and plays "A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes". So although there was some Disney Charm, there was really nothing about the room that was truly spectacular to warrant the price. In additon, when we first used the shower in our room, the water pressure was HORRIBLE. I read other reviews where guests made mention of this but this was REALLY BAD. Not to mention the water only went to like warm at best and when we called to inform the front desk, the front desk agent sounded annoyed and said they would have someone check it out. No one ever did of course. When we turned on the TV, almost EVERY OTHER channel was a Disney Vacation club infomercial. The variety of channels were lackluster which after coming to our rooms after the park each night and watching a little tv before going to bed was wrather disappointing. I know this is a family hotel so thats probably why they don't iffer any premuim channels but I feel thus us a miss as couples also like to enjoy the Disney experience who have no kids.

I know that the hotel likes to advertise how close they are to the park which they say provides convenience to the guests. However, they're not as close as they make it out to be. WHEN the monorail works i the morning, the arrival time is just minutes. But when it's not working, the walk is about 10 minutes which after a long day, can be a bit annoying especially when the Monorail isn't working or there is a 45 minute wait to get on which ends up being pointless. Also, there wi-fi is BEYOND slow. Couldn't barely get a signal on my phone and I read other guests complaining about this as well. Therefore, if you're planning to stay there for business...DON'T.

Overall, yes the hotel does have it's charms and yes it's great to experience it at least once. However, unless my boyfriend and I are offered the discounted rate of $159 again, there is NO WAY we would pay $387 a night for the hotel. It was a better than average hotel but NOT WORTH the average rate by a long shot. We still had a great time and got a great deal for our stay but wouldn't go out of our way to stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a discounted rate if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank N_MOOD4TUNES
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed in a premium room at the Disneyland Hotel over New Year's and were very pleased with the amenities and convenience. Dis always pays such attention to detail, from the embroidered throw pillows and firework headboards to the Mickey hands holding the lights in the bathroom, it was a real extension of the spirit of the parks. Service and housekeeping was great and it was so nice to be able to walk a short distance to/from the hotel and parks without waiting for shuttle busses or taxis. Pool area was under construction so we "only" got to go on the waterslides and use 2 hot tubs and 1 large pool. Plenty to keep our 10 year old busy, even if it was super cold outside.
Trader Sam's Tiki Bar was fun but the service there was a bit slow, probably because there were so many people. Onsite restaurants were quick, convenient and Steakhouse 55 served one of the best meals we've had in a long time. Front desk, valets, housekeeping, and wait staff were all very friendly and efficient. While the hotel itself is quite large, we never felt like we were surrounded by people, unlike the parks - which were at capacity for 3 of the 5 days we were in them. It was a nice break to go back to the hotel for some quiet time.
Obviously the price of the room was more expensive than in a "good neighbor" hotel, but you pay for convenience and the experience. We did not take advantage of the early park entry offered to hotel guests, but appreciated it was available if we had wanted to get up at the crack of dawn to go. Watching fireworks out our hotel room window each night was a treat too. Would definitely stay at another resort property when we decide to go back if this is an indication of what they're all like.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BeetRed
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently stayed at this location during the Tinkerbell 1/2, it was close to the race start and finish line. Our room was spacious for the two of us - we stayed in the Frontier Tower. We did not have a view of much but a parking lot but for how much time we spent in the room it was fine.
The pool was wonderful to laze by during the day, the downfall is the price of the drinks, but everything Disney is pricey it seems!

Room Tip: I would choose a high floor in the hopes of getting maybe a view? The rooms are pretty quiet, you can hear water running from time to time in rooms next door to you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank downbythebay100
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed four nights in the refurbished Disneyland Hotel in December of both 2011 and 2012 (in the Frontier and Adventure Towers, respectively). Obviously, our stay in 2011 was enough to bring us back again in 2012. Upon check-in this year, we were offered a truly magical experience...two tickets to the Candlelight Processional. Not being familiar with it, we turned it down. We were floored when we walked into Disneyland that night to a chorus of hundreds singing Christmas carols complete with a full band (with trumpeters dressed as angels atop Main Street Station) and immediately regretted not taking them up on an offer for the seated section. When we asked if we could get tickets for the next night, we found out that the tickets had sold out in October. We really did miss a once in a lifetime Disneyland offer of a very magical moment. If the hotel offers you something, say yes!

Both the Frontier and Adventure towers have beautiful lobbies with models of the big rides from that land. The Adventure tower is closer to Downtown Disney so you do shave off a small bit of walking by staying there. It also has an exit that is extremely close to the pool entrance...perfect in December when you are running to the jacuzzi in the cold rain. The pool area is very nice and the jacuzzi is hot, spacious, and has plenty of leg and back jets for massaging away those pains after a long day walking around the parks. It's nice to be able to take a break, come back for a soak and a nap, and then return to to the park refreshed. No waiting for the people mover to take you back to the parking lot. No walking 1.5 miles to your hotel. No packing up the car. Just walking a short distance and being able to relax within 10 minutes of walking out of the park (less if you take the Monorail)!

Of course, the best benefit of staying at the Disneyland Hotel is having early entry every day (Magic Morning) at the parks. This was extremely beneficial for CAP which is newly remodeled and, I hate to say, even more fun than Disneyland. In a MM entry there, we were able to ride the TOT 6 times, California Screamin' 5 times, every ride in Cars Land multiple times (except the racers). The one day we used our Magic Morning to stand in line for Radiator Springs Racers, we only waited for 55 minutes. Five minutes after the park opened, the Fast Pass return time was already between 11:30 and 11:45 PM (yes, one half hour before the park CLOSED!!!). If that ride is a must and you don't want to wait three hours, MM is the only way to go.

Room service at the DH was fast and the late night menu is extensive. We were surprised at how inexpensive the food was, even with the delivery fee. We shared a huge veggie and hummus plate with pita and a Caesar salad with rolls for roughly $20.

The rooms have comfortable beds with pillows that rival those at some of the nicest hotels in the world. In-room safes are spacious. We were able to fit a tablet, a large camera and various lenses, jewelry, wallets, etc. at the same time. Of course, the size did turn out to be a downside when our in-room safe failed on the morning we were leaving in 2011. The electronics board broke, the safe had no alternative way to open it, and three maintenance men couldn't get the wall safe open. The hotel manager actually told us that there was nothing that could be done until the next day (a Monday) at which point they could call a locksmith to CUT OUR GOODS OUT OF THE SAFE! He then recommended that we stay another night, go to the park that day, miss our flights (and with no mention of the hotel compensating us for these extra expenses). Just as my husband was about to lose it, a fourth maintenance man came in and got it open. As the safe was opened and we were able to make our flights, we were happy to return to DH again in 2012. Even the safe issue couldn't keep us away from the magic and benefits of the Disneyland Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple