“Nice hotel; unbeatable convenience.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #17 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
“Nice hotel; unbeatable convenience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you're staying on property at a Disney resort, be prepared for everything to be outrageously pricey - eg, $1.99 + tax for a single banana or apple at the coffee shop. But if you're looking for convenience, you can't beat this location - a 2-minute walk to the Downtown Disney shopping & dining district and only about another 5 minutes to the park gates. Guests are entitled to an "Extra Magic Hour" - typically an hour before the park opens to the public - each day. The view of the fireworks from my warm, cozy room in the Frontier Tower made it all worthwhile; room service has been prompt and delicious. The room is very clean and surprisingly quiet, and the bed is very comfy.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in the Frontier tower if you have any hope of viewing the 8:40 p.m. fireworks s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer1823

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for three nights in December. We had never stayed there before and splurged for our Christmas trip. We had a room with a view of Downtown Disney and the parks and Concierge Service. The room itself was nice, clean, and comfortable, but much smaller than it looks in the photos on their website. The view was amazing. It was nice to be able to walk a short distance to the monorail to enter the park in the morning. Concierge service is a very pricey add on that was not worth the money. Basically you get access to a special lounge where they have different snack items throughout the day and beer and wine. You can also borrow dvds from the lounge which was nice. The food offered seemed to be different every day but breakfast was a real head scratcher. A plate of cheese, fruit, a few pastries, and cereal. I really thought they could have offered something better to start your long day at the parks. The wine they had was what you would expect for free (lousy). Except it wasn't really free, it was included in the over $250 per night upcharge for Concierge service.

The Cast Members who staffed the desk at the E-Ticket Lounge were very friendly and helpful, especially when I had to take my husband to the ER on the last night of our stay. I had to cancel a tour we had booked for the morning after, and the very kind gentleman (whose name was either Steve or Dave) managed to get me a refund because of the circumstances (Disney tours are usually non-refundable). He also cancelled our dinner reservations and was very sympathetic to our situation and helpful. The food and beverage staff in the E-Ticket Lounge were ok, but seemed to hover as though expecting a tip, which to me is rude. Cecilia at the front desk was also a godsend for giving me easy-to-follow directions to the VA hospital in Long Beach and having our car brought out front. David the bellman took very good care of me as I was checking out and even packed my car for me.

Other than the excellent service provided by the Cast Members, there was nothing to set the Disneyland Hotel apart as an experience worth more than $100 per night, much less the $500 per night that we paid. We were expecting so much more than just a hotel. Definitely did not see the value for our money and left feeling disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on Concierge level service!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
8 Thank chiwawa4556
Simi Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The service at Disney is outstanding...but remember, it comes at a huge cost! Nothing is included, everything is extra. $22.00 per day for valet parking, $15.00 per day for self parking that is way far from the hotel.
Room was very nice. Beds were great, cleanliness outstanding, very small though. We had a standard room and it was very small for 3 adults and a baby.
We were here for our company kick off and had a very nice time. It is so expensive that I don't know how middle America can afford to go to Disneyland? Even with our convention discount the tickets were way out of reach. So sad we couldn't enjoy the park.
Hotel is very nice though...Just way expensive?

Room Tip: Any room facing the Disneyland Resort so you can watch the fireworks at 9:30 PM nightly.
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank kernvilledaddy
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was our first time on a Disney property and we were not disappointed. We stayed for 2 nights during the New Year's week when the hotel was completely sold out, yet we never felt crowded at all.

We got to the hotel at 6 am on the day we were to check in and the front desk pre-checked us in and held our bags. When you are a guest of the hotel, you get to enter both parks an hour earlier than ticket holders and believe me, when it is crowded that extra hour is worth its weight in gold. Even though we didn't officially check in until 3 pm that day, the front desk got us set up so that we could take advantage of the extra hour that morning and texted us in the park when the room was ready.

You can tell that the room had recently been redone. Plush bedding, thick walls, spacious bathroom with separate vanity area and free Wi-Fi. Our room was right off the elevator and we never heard any foot traffic at all. Very comfortable beds. We stayed in the Fantasy Tower which overlooked the pool area. Nice view, but the Adventure Tower would have been better as it faces the park and Downtown Disney.

We had dinner in Downtown Disney each night so I can't speak to the dining in the Disney hotel, but overall it was a great experience and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Adventure Tower facing East so you can see Downtown Disney and the fireworks s...
3 Thank StorytellerGal
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I presented at Starwest 2012, a conference on software automation, held at Anaheim. We live in Malaysia and had a travel of nearly 16 hours to reach LA and then from there, Anaheim was about 1 hours drive. Upon reaching the Disneyland hotel, the welcome was really good and they made us really feel at home... The best part about the hotel is that it's backdrop is Disneyland itself! Wow, that's something really really cool.... everyone seems to have returned back to their childhood days and there's cheer all around!

The front office and housekeeping staff are all pretty good. We stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and then moved to the other Disneyland hotel (Paradise Pier) which is also on the same lane, and spent another 2 nights there. Everything seemed great except for for one incident. I had ordered for a Metasploit cap and bag online before even reaching the hotel and the delivery was supposed to be within 4 working days. When I checked with Rapid7 (the company which sold these), they said that it had been shipped and that they had the signature of the person who had received it on behalf. But the hotel refused to even search for it and said it had not arrived.

I am not sure why they did that... when we checked on the hotel computer used by those guys, it mentioned that the package had been received. But they were denying it all the time and we ended up checking out of the hotel without our goods. So I effectively lost $190 because of some overlook by the hotel team.

And one more thing to really plan is the food... not all hotels on the Disney strip are good and in some hotels, people seem to be extremely racist... I have had several experiences, one of which where my daughter was trying to get a glass of water from a near-by water dispenser while we waited for the food to-go, and this person storms out of the kitchen and tells her "we are not providing water free to everyone who comes in" - i think he thought we only went there to just drink free water!!

We were 3 people (wife, daughter and I) and the best food within Disneyland resort seemed to be the very famous turkey leg... it costs about ten bucks and easily serves two to three people... so try it out without fail....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kirankarnad
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

From the friendly valet parking attendant to the lobby hostess, the friendliness and happy atmosphere is unequaled. We recieved a "package" for Christmas from a family member's employer: two days at the resort and one night in a beautiful hotel suite on the 10th floor consisting of two rooms and two bathrooms. To the delight of my two granddaughters, ages 4 and 7, the headboard in the bedroom lights up and plays music. Room service breakfast was excellent, the fruit plate with generous proportions, pancakes, etc., and good hot coffee, and no more expensive than most hotels. The proximity to the parks, California Adventure and Disneyland, could not have been better. We walked out the door of the hotel and right into the park. If there is a negative to report, it would be that, due to the holidays, we could not get dinner reservations in the hotel dining room with Goofy as the hotel's mascot. Disappointing, but next time we will know to book the dining room far in advance. Considering that you get 2 days admittance to the park in addition to this fabulous hotel, the price is worth it. After the kids saw the huge pools and water features, we promised that we would return next summer. Thanks Disneyland Hotel!! We had a blast!

Room Tip: Booking rooms on the higher floors impart great views but there is some noise at times from the A/C...
2 Thank seeslime
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

It had been over 30 years since my last stay at a Disney property. As a special treat, my husband and I chose to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for New Years Eve. I chose the DH over the other two Anaheim properties because of the nostalgia. Strangely enough the worst part of the whole stay was finding the hotel parking entrance! Once we did find the self-parking lot there was plenty of room--even on New Year's Eve. The hotel has been beautifully updated and the front desk service was excellent.

One of the goals of our stay at the hotel was to be able to see the fireworks from our room and I didn't quite comprehend what the front desk clerk said when I asked her if our room would be able to see them--she said not to worry, that we had been upgraded--THAT was an understatement.

We found ourselves sent to the 11th floor of the Frontier tower (the tower farthest from the main Fantasy tower). Up we went to our floor, following the room numbers as they continued down the hall to the very end where we were met with a set of double doors. We had been upgraded to a corner suite! I stood in awe as I looked at the one bedroom, two bath apartment with balcony and 'kitchen'.

We decided there and then that we were NOT leaving the room unless we had to! We had both our New Year's Eve dinner and New Year's Day breakfast delivered to the room (the food and service were pricey but excellent) and watched both sets of the night's fireworks from the warm comfort of our 'own' couch and living room. An unexpected bonus was watching the other midnight fireworks shows all over Orange County from the balcony!

Our stay was flawless and we were able to leave our car at the hotel parking lot while we enjoyed the Park for New Year's Day--the $15 saved barely covered one dessert from the night before, but every little bit helped! :-)

My unexpected upgrade experience not withstanding, would I stay at one of the Disney properties again? Yes. Although they are very expensive, there is certainly a time-saving and convenience factor. It's a true treat to be able to stay at a Disney property and one I hope to repeat in less than 30 years!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple