“never again”

Ranked #103 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
las vegas
“never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

nasty and old, funky, depressing. dirty looking, awful continental bkfast in office, 1 mile to disneyland, nasty pool and hot tub, needs major work, major disappointment, would never stay there again, you get what you pay for, no tv channels and nothing for kids to watch, no restaurants nearby. just terrible..

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank vegasgalLasVegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

I stayed there with family visiting and the place was horrible. The pipes were leaking. It smelled like cat urine. One of the sinks was clogged and there was no one on duty after 11:00 PM.
There was also no phone in the room. My husband checked us in earlier that day and just dropped our stuff off in the room, so he didn't realize how bad it was. We got in late after our day at Disneyland to discover the problems and no one there to help us. The carpet was wet from the bathroom sink pipe leaking and when you used towels to soak it up, they turned yellow.
The next day, my husband complained and they only offered us a 10% discount and not very nice about our situation. We still overpaid for the dumpy room. We could have stayed somewhere nicer for the price we paid.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank zumzinz
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

This hotel was a typical side of the road drive in motel, which is basic and only made for a few nights stay. We did not have a car, so we had to walk everywhere we went, and found that Disneyland, Taco Bell and Starbucks were within 10 minutes walking distance, and a little further to Mcdonalds and other restaurants. Motel room had a fridge, air conditioner, TV with free channels and phone. Motel had laundry and pool, and 24 hour service station across the road. Although you will find motels which are closer to Disneyland, this one is much cheaper and has everything you need.

DISNEYLAND

Make sure you stay over the weekend so you can experience the exciting fireworks display at Disneyland, which you can also see from the balcony of the motel.

• Liked — Excellent value for money and close to Disneyland.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aaronlangton
Bishop, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

So, I always to research when I am looking at hotels. I saw that this hotel had a lot of mixed reviews. We thought we would give it a shot since we were looking to go a little cheaper than usual on this trip to Disneyland.

Check in was easy and friendly. Not a problem there at all. Parking can be tight but nothing horrible. The parking issue is it's a one way in and one way out. That makes it hard for the larger vehicles to get situated. If you have a large vehicle, it's best to park towards the front of the property rather than in front of your room. Once in the back, it can be hard to get out even for small cars.

The property was not the cleanest. Looks old and neglected. One soda machine.

We had room 307. It' was towards the back on the top. Overlooking the pool.

The room was dark and had an odor I can't put my finger on. Not offensive but it was noticeable. Sheets had holes in it. Room was depressing. Carpeting was dirty and stuck to you your feet. Towels are great if you like to exfoliate with sandpaper! OUCH! The shower head was low so you have to bend backwards and down to get your hair washed. What's with these hotels and shower heads set for people under 5 feet tall? I'm 5' 4" and still had to bend quite a bit to get my hair wet. The biggest issue with the room was that the back half of the room towards the sick had a LOT of give to it. It would shake the room every time we walked over in that area. I really felt unsafe at times since even the TV would shake. It felt like it sunk down a little bit as well. Not sure what that was but glad to be out of there. You can hear the busy streets outside as well, even in the rooms in the back of the property.

All around, I have not much good to say. I think I would avoid this hotel unless you want cheap prices AND cheap rooms. The rooms are patched up looking. Wallpaper is patched on in pieces and peeling in our room. It just looks like rather than renovating, they just stick a Band-Aid on the problem and that's good enough for them.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Toobusy2
Peschiera Borromeo, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2008

rooms dirty with inside meals of someone else, dirty linens we asked to change the room but it wasn't possible they give us only some new linens but they didn't make up the beds

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank zazzo67
Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

I enjoyed my two day stay here. Most people say you get what you pay for and I was real worried because I couldn't afford much which means I can't expect much but this hotel was a pleasent surprise. Here the staff (one guy is always at the desk and answered all my reserving phone calls) is plesant and treats you with respect. The 'breakfast' is just donuts, cereal and juice but what do you expect for the price. To the entrance of Disneyland is a good walk. It is 15 minutes if you walk to the parking structure and 30 minutes from the hotel if you walk the whole way to the park. The hotel is located at the far end of the back of the park. The fireworks were LOUD but great. The kids slept nice in their beds while we still got to enjoy the fun from our room. If you are looking for a place to come after a fun day of playing this isn't bad for what you pay for. I was looking for a clean hotel and got it.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — the walk to the park
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2007

Arrived early in the am, room wasn't ready but was allowed to check in and leave car in the carpark - covered spaces even, a nice feature that even the hyatt and hilton don't offer! Went and spent a few hours at the park. While they say they are directly across from the park; which they indeed are; they are on the opposite side of the main entrance. It is a nice 5 to 10 minute walk. Another reviewer suggested walking to the parking garage to get the tram to the entrance. This is much easier said than done as there are no sidewalks to the garage, you have to walk along side the road.

Later in the evening went to see if my room was ready, the man at the desk was the same one when I checked in, think its family run and each time I went into the lobby he was very friendly and helpful and spoke perfect english.

My room was right in front of the elevator, yet it was super quiet, never once heard anyone outside. The room was good size; while the wall paper could stand to do with some replacement (a little worn and frayed along the seams) the room was clean. Bed was very comfy and the bath was spotless. the complementary in room coffee was good. Room also came with a small fridge and microwave which was handy. The hotel also provided free high speed wireless internet - a huge plus seeing how most upscale hotels charge for the same service. You do have to get your username and password from the front desk every 24 hours but nothing a simple call to the front desk didn't solve.

One small issue I had was the fridge had been turned off and the freezer had melted into the drip dray. Aside from that, the price was great, location was good and room was clean, quiet and comfortable. All in all I would stay there again.

One more plus, if you're an airline employee as I am, they will knock about 15% off when you show your badge at check-in!!

• Liked — Price and free wi-fi
  • Disliked — difficult to get in and out of carpark as hotel is on corner of busy intersection
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank awaflyboy