“Good location, good service, nice room”

Ramada Plaza Anaheim
Ranked #29 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 17, 2010

In town of a conference at the convention center, and remembered this place as having very clean facilities. The rooms were very well kept and the hotel grounds were well maintained. I will definitely make this my regular hotel in the area, and when I bring my family out to Disneyland this is definitely where we will stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Buckeye9702
ramada14252, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at the Ramada Plaza Anaheim. We appreciate your comments and use them as a way to improve so that we may provide a service that exceeds guest expectations. We are pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and we look forward to hosting your next stay in the Anaheim Resort area.

Management
Ramada Plaza Anaheim
“Best of Ramada Award” – 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2006, 2005, 2003

Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed March 2, 2010

This was a last minute trip for our 14th anniversary. We had a great room. Staff was super friendly and helpful! restraunt had excellent food. 10 minute walk to/from Disneyland. We loved it so much , we are booking a trip with our family for April!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cavners5
ramada14252, Manager at Ramada Plaza Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:
I am glad to hear that enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you personally and in behalf of the entire staff of the Ramada Plaza Anaheim. Also, we are glad that you will be staying with us again in the future, if you need any assistance with your reservation and our help, we are always here to provide service to anyone.
Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 714-991-6868 ext 116.

Ramada Plaza Anaheim, CA

Reviewed January 7, 2010

My wife and I stayed here during Dec. 20 - Dec 23 2009. The hotel itself was roomy, nice, and clean. Although the walls next to the adjacent room were the in-room door connects were a bit thin. We could hear our neighbors into the early morning hours. But since it didn't happen until our last night there, we didn't complain. The location was a bit far, so if you consider taking breaks during your stay and heading back and forth to the hotel, this place might not be for you. The hotel also does not provide any shuttle service to and from Disneyland. The rates were very good, especially since we went during Christmas week. I would probably not stay here again if given the option, unless some sort of shuttle service is offerred. Walking all the way back from Disneyland after midnight is a pain and a little unsafe, especially if you have children.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
ramada14252, Sales Associate at Ramada Plaza Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2010

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 714-991-6868 ext 114.

Reviewed January 1, 2010

We had a large group of 9 stay in 2 rooms from Dec 26-28. One room had 5 people with two beds and a pull out couch and the other room had 4 people with two beds. Check in was friendly and quick. The free and extremely close parking was a big surprise. We really only used the rooms to clean up and sleep in as the rest if the time was spent at Disneyland. Every one of us thought the beds were comfortable and I was very impressed by the cleanliness. The fridge and microwave were nice. My only complaint was that the coffee maker only makes 1 cup at a time. Considering the incredible price we paid, this is probably the best value I have ever seen. Clean, quiet and comfortable. I don't know what else you could ask for. Add in the location and friendly service, and the Ramada was just about perfect.

ramada14252, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2010

Reviewed December 19, 2009

I stayed 4 nights in carousel Inn and 2 nights in ramada plaza. I must say the stay in Ramada Plaza is much comfortable.

Its a decent hotel, lobby, hotel rooms and laundry area are all located within an enclosed buidling. Thus no need to put on winter coat if you are going to other rooms or laundry rooms.

Rooms are big with writing desk which comes with working chair and arm chair.

Amenities are rather complete with Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, mouthwash and shower cap. Other hotels which are charging higher don't provide such decent amenities.

Convenience stores and food outlet is also just next block.

However 2 of the front office staffs that I encountered who were male were not friendly. No smile and seems a littel impatient. There is only a lady staff who were helpful in our query for nearby shopping and even called a cab.

Good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cyngernic
ramada14252, Sales Associate at Ramada Plaza Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2009

Reviewed December 16, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on the dates of December 11th - December 14th, for the reason of visiting Disneyland parks and picked this hotel because of location and price (we got it at $76 per night, directly from hotel website).

Arriving on the evening of Decemver 11th, check in was quick and simple, the reception staff didn't seem overly interested in us, just wanted to put us in a room.
I had emailed directly beforehand to request a high level floor, away from the elevators, with a view, if possible - as we were staying over my birthday and I was hoping to have a view of the Disney parks from our room. There was no mention of my requests at all, and they put us on level 3, in a room RIGHT next to the elevators, with a view of the building/carpark/hotel next door, completely opposite to disneyland! Oh well, I know these are only requests that cannot always be accommodated, but some acknowledgement of it would have been nice.

The room itself was large, with a very very comfortable firm king bed, good block out curtains (needed due to the room overlooking a car park flooded with light all night long!) the bathroom was standard, but large enough and clean. Shower pressure was great - nice and relaxing after a long day out.
The room included a work desk and chair, lounge chair and ottoman, full length mirror, fridge, microwave and coffee machine - all very welcome amenities that aren't found at every hotel anymore.

Even being directly next to the elevators we didn't hear any noise from them at all, however we did hear noise from the speakers they have down the hallways which were piping out a local radio station all day and into the night - can't remember exactly what time they turned it off, but at least they did so we could sleep - a little annoying and unncessary though, I thought.

Door also didn't fit right, as I've noticed others have commented on - big gaps down side of door which let a lot of light through.

We did washing on the first night there in the selfserve laundry room - it was meant to close at 10pm however due to our late hour of arrival, they said they would leave it open for us which was appreciated.

One day we slept in and hadn't left our room by midday - be warned if you do this, they will call your room and tell you they need to service it now or else you won't get housekeeping for that day. Fair enough, I suppose, however their approach seemed a little cold/uncaring about individuals preferences. We told them not to bother.

Free wifi in the room worked okay, a little slow at times.

We asked a girl at the front desk (again, rather uninterested in being there by the looks of it!) if she could order a taxi for us to get to the airport the next morning, explaining what time we had to get there and how long would it take, etc etc? She didn't seem to know much and from my own research I had to correct her about the driving time to the local airport....she said she would order the taxi at the time I requested and it did show up fine the next morning, however service could definitely leave something to be desired.

Over all, very decent basic hotel - I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Disneyland as the location and price can't be beat. The location is literally right next door to the new gardenwalk shopping area with restaurants and shops, there is a subway and a few other stores on the other corner which we found helpful to stop at on the way to disneyland and buy sandwiches for the day (much cheaper than buying food in the park!!) and it is only two blocks from disneyland, even with very tired legs (and soaking wet from the pouring rain!!!) we managed to walk this distance easily each time, only taking about 5 to 10 minutes.

So with a cheap rate and awesome location, saving you on transport, etc - basic but comfortable rooms with the things that count (beds for sleeping, how much more time are you really going to spend in the hotel anyway?) it was a good stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 7, 2009

Have just stayed at this hotel with a family group of 5 Adults, staying in one room containing two queen beds and a pull out sofa. Can only say it is good value for money, being inexpensive for the 5 adults, well kept, clean and close to Disneyland. Can recommend this hotel to any family group wanting good value acccomodation within easy walking distance of Disneyland and food and shopping outlets. Did find the staff who checked us in not friendly at all, however on other occasions they were friendly when i asked some directions or other questions., although they were not the same staff who checked us in. Did not try the breakfast nor check out the gym or pool during our stay, so can't offer any comment on those facilities. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
ramada14252, Manager at Ramada Plaza Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2009

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 714-991-6868 ext 112.