Tropicana Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Park Vue Inn(Anaheim)
1,145 results
All reviewsacross the streetconvenience storecontinental breakfastmini martafter a long daypizza pressdisneyland entrancethird floormid daysmall storepool and hot tubvalet serviceparking spotlocation is fantasticcan't beat the locationmain entrancewe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Fist I repeat a statement my said that is obvious, this is a MOTEL, not hotel. But so is every other lodging alone Harbour Road for some distance. If you want hotel go west and check into a Disney Hotel for a muchb larger sum, nut with perks. Having said that I really like this place, it is thre closeest I have ever stayed to the Happiees Place on earth. It looks to have been remodeled in the last year or so and as a bonus the gift shop is now The Cove Market. As near as I can tell no other lodging here has anyhting like it, sure you can get the off property Disney themed gifts, but much more, foodm items for breakfast, beer wine, etc . But most important thye have a really good coffee bar with local roasted beans. Literally every day I woke up walked across the parkig lot and bam caffiene magic!
The rooms are nicely furnished with fridge, microwave, hair dryer and internet. The pool is nice too. The staff was top notch I mean everyone, from parking, front desk to the barristas. The alst day I thought check out was noon it was 11am I apologized and they were very freindly and gave me no grief, imagine being treated like a real customer and guest. In addition they let me park till Imleft for the airport that evening.
It is so cool to saty on Harbour Bvld where all the action is, to see the fireworks, Matterhorn and SPace Mountain from your hotel and to walk across the street to Disneyland. As a three time guest of Walt Disney World let me say you can't do that there no matter where you stay. As you will here many times you are closer than two of the Disney Hotels from which you can't see the parks.
My only downer was to pay for parking, seems criminal, like paying for baggage on airplanes.

Room Tip: I'd say upstairs away from noise of parking familes, also facing north so you can see fireworks from balcony.
2  Thank Foodsthegame
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience during your most recent visit to the Tropicana Inn & Suites. We value your comments and look forward to being of service to you in the future. Glad you enjoyed our coffee house and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

The location is perfect, directly across from the main entrance to the park, and we have stayed here a few times before when visiting Disneyland, but we won't be back. The hotel has definitely seen better days. To start, when we booked our suite, the price included a continental breakfast. Apparently, that was cancelled in January 2014 but the hotel did not notify the guests who had booked rooms prior to that date. The hide-a-bed in our room was in appalling condition. The towels were stained and rough. The housekeeping was hit and miss. One shower barely had any water flow. The hotel looks tired and old, in urgent need of refreshing. There are other hotels along the strip in front of the park gates that may be slightly more expensive, but you will be grateful for the more comfortable beds, clean linens.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
7  Thank Linda R
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was so up in the air about where to book a room for our recent trip to Disneyland. We didn't want the expense of the Disney Hotels or to be too far away. I decided to go with the Tropicana. Would I recommend it? Yes, it was super close to the pedestrian walk to the parks, it was clean and it was quiet. Would I stay there again? Unfortunately no. One reason I booked this one was that a couple reviews I read said that the beds were comfortable. Both my husband and I felt the beds were a bit too firm and woke up sore because of it. It was quiet but that may be because we stayed on a Sunday night. It was a bit in need of an update as the bathroom counters were pretty sad and the microwave was nasty. We had plenty of fresh towels though and the shower was nice and warm. There is a convenient little store attached to the Inn in case you forget anything or need a little snack. IHOP is only a couple doors down for a yummy breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting a room on the right side of the Inn (when you drive in the entrance). These rooms seemed to have a view of the fireworks whereas my kids could only see them through the reflection of the windows across the way.
1  Thank Melanie P

Customer service is extremely important to us here at the Tropicana Inn & Suites and our staffs main objective is to ensure a positive and memorable experience for each and every guest. Happy to hear you enjoyed coffee house and mini mart! We value your comments and look forward to being of service to you in the future!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the Tropicana Inn & Suites with our 2 children. We like this hotel due to its value for money and location to Disneyland. The hotel is also very close to restaurants and Shuttle/tour pick up drop off points. The rooms are clean and the staff were very friendly on check in and always happy to answer any questions you may have. We also found that the beds are very comfortable.

If you are looking for great value for money and location for visiting Disneyland then we can recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff M

It's always a pleasure to read such complimentary comments. Glad your family enjoyed your stay here at the Tropicana Inn & Suites. We enjoyed the privilege of extending our warm hospitality to you and hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed here on Tues and Wed nights while going to Disneyland/California Adventures. It was the perfect location for walking distance...so park your car for the entire stay (not included in the room price, however). We chose it for this reason, and also because it included a refrigerator and microwave in the room. To make the trip affordable, we opted to eat most of our meals in our room. The microwave wasn't very strong or big, but it did the trick. Also on the property (though we didn't partake) was a heated pool and spa. The room was clean and the 2 queen beds fairly comfortable.

The desk ladies were helpful and nice, and I have to say the cleaning ladies were the most pleasant I've ever met. Every need we had was taken care of, including the ability to keep our car parked there the day we checked out for a fee that was cheaper than Disneyland parking. Perfect!

I gave the rating a "very good" only because the lack of sound-proof walls. The first night our neighbors were quiet or not there, but the second night they talked a little loud at 10pm which made it difficult to go to sleep until they were quieter.

Room Tip: We were given a room at the back and the farthest away from the street. I would highly recommend this as Harbor Blvd is very busy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Daniel-Lisa W

Customer service is extremely important to us here at the Tropicana Inn & Suites and our staffs main objective is to ensure a positive and memorable experience for each and every guest. Thank you for allowing us the privilege of being your "Home away from Home" during your Disneyland Vacation and we look forward to being of service to you in the future!