Tropicana Inn & Suites
$508
$806
$698
1,153 results
All reviewsacross the streetconvenience storecontinental breakfastmini martafter a long daypizza pressdisneyland entrancethird floormid daysmall storepool and hot tubvalet serviceparking spotlocation is fantasticcan't beat the locationmain entrancewe've stayed
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Location was great, rooms were clean. Wireless was a bit spotty took us a bit. Pool looked bigger in the picture. Nice friendly staff. I was looking for stamps and the front desk person came running out to let me know of another place. They have to send mail right. What's once in awhile you allow a guests or two to buy stamps. You could charge an extra $.05 for sending it out for a guests.

Room Tip: Right across the street you can't go wrong. A bit of transient ppl but just keep walking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Customer service is extremely important to us here at the Tropicana Inn & Suites and our staffs main objective is to ensure a positive and memorable experience for each and every guest. Glad you enjoyed our close proximity to Disneyland! We value your comments and look forward to being of service to you in the future!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My son & I stayed at the Tropicana at the end of September. I highly recommend this hotel especially if planning to visit Disneyland. It is almost directly across the road!
As it was just my son & I travelling, I was a little nervous about being in another country alone (we're Aussies) but I felt safe & secure the entire length of our stay here. Everything we needed was within walking distance. If it wasn't walking distance the staff are FANTASTIC and are knowledgable about the area (nicest beaches, places to shop, restaurants etc) and will help you get there.
The rooms, what you see is what you get,I found them to be great! Clean, tidy and plenty enough room, My ONLY complaint would be, the bathroom fixtures need updating (a little grotty) the beds, linen were spot on & house keeping were awesome!
'The Cove' is the mini mart at the hotel which has amazing coffee, get in early cause you'll wait forever. I can't comment on the food as we didnt eat there. The food in America is ridiculously cheap so we ate out pretty much the whole time! The room had a fridge & microwave I bought milk & cereal for early morning breakfast otherwise Denny's & Ihop was a minute walk.
Tropicana is perfect for families & I'm very glad I chose it for our first big trip to the U.S. We will stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Tammy S

Customer service is extremely important to us here at the Tropicana Inn & Suites and our staffs main objective is to ensure a positive and memorable experience for each and every guest. Happy to hear you enjoyed the coffee at The Cove! Thank you for allowing us the privilege of being your "Home away from Home" during your Disneyland vacation and we hope your family created lifelong memories to be cherished for years to come!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here, the price was great for the location however when we left and had returned to our room there was a roach on the table by our food bag. My husband called and walked to the lobby in the meantime I caught the roach in a cup and took it to the lobby so they knew we were being truthful it was gross. However the staff was very helpful and wanted to work with us therefore they had upgraded us to what they call a disney suite which faces the park, it was nice however I don't know if I'd stay there again I wouldn't want to bring roaches home with me.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank disneyme72
Patricia C, Director of Sales at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your response. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience your encountered during your most recent visit. This past summer our property experienced issues with insects and we assure you that we have taken steps to rectify this problem. We have hired a new pest control company that has eliminated the pests and will come back monthly for maintenance. We sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to prove that we are not only a clean property but care about each and every one of our guests.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Booked this hotel for its proximity to Disneyland, with the entrance just across the road.
Rooms were dated but clean. Staff were helpful. The continental breakfast is not the best. It consists of donuts & danishes that look like they have been bought from Costco. Apples, oranges, tea, coffee & O.J. are also on offer. Better get breakfast else.
This is a good hotel for families on a budget who are spending their day at Disneyland & not in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent visit to the Tropicana Inn and Suites and hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is old but comfortable. It is all about the location, can't get much closer to Disneyland. Our room was rather small, no extra floor space at all, but it was clean and in decent repair. There are two elevators, but they are close together, and not very convenient to our room. Also, not enough ice machines. Breakfast was fine if you like dry danish and donuts, orange juice and coffee. There aren't many choices as it is, but then the hostess didn't refill the more popular choices until the less popular ones were gone. They get you coming and going at this hotel. If you want anything else for breakfast, you have to pay for it. Cereal, milk and bagels are available for a price. No hot choices or much selection. Also, they charge $9/night parking. I believe parking should be part of your price, and felt dinged again, but that's just me. Overall it was decent, and the convenience is wonderful, but I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family