“Perfect for disneyland trip”

Tropicana Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is literally right across disneyland. This is absolutly perfect if you want to be home after the long day in disneyland and dont want to wait around for a shuttle. Compared to the other hotels the price is great for being so close. Although we travelled as a couple I could tell that the hotel is very family friendly also with connecting doors. The rooms are clean, you have a microwave and fridge for food and the valets guys were super nice. If you forgot anything there is a little supermarket right by the entrance of the place. Breakfast was soso just enough to get a doughnut and coffee real quick. Its not really worth paying for. Just go to IHOP and get breakfast there if you want something really good. It was a little loud as we were facing the street with a balcony, but we asked for this so we could watch the fireworks from the balcony which was very nice. But you are so exhausted from a whole day of disneyland that you dont even hear the noise as your head hits the pillow!All in all great location, very clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank travellerwoman19

Reviewed January 8, 2013

It is hard to give a rating to the Tropicanna. Given the standard "x" stars out of 5, it deserves a two or three. Comparing like with like, it probably deserves a four.

We stayed in a two room unit with a kitchen attached. The Tropicanna Inn & Suites is a large motor hotel. Its main selling point is it is right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. In fact, it is closer to the ticket booths than Disneylands own hotels. The facility itself is average. The rooms are a decent size, clean, and in working order. The bathrooms are standard motor hotel issue, but clean and well maintained. The service is good and the front office is cordial. They say breakfast is included, but breakfast is limited to Danishes and donuts, juice from a machine, some oranges and apples, and coffee. Milk costs extra. The faciloity itself has no restaurant but there are half a dozen or more within a block on either side. If you book a tour, pick up is at the Best Western which is right next door.

2  Thank dldcw2
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I read and reread all the various reviews here and I am not discounting anyone's opinion or experience but I was prepared for the Tropicana to be severely rundown, bug-infested, and simply nasty...it was NOT. We had a room close to the front on the ground level (maybe some are better than others) and it was very convenient to get to after a long day at Disney. Here are my observations:
1. It truly IS directly across the street from the main gate of Disney...not around the corner with a long walk or Disney-adjacent in an inconvenient place.....it is SO easy and fast to get to once ou leave the confines of Disney.
2. It is older but our room was updated with new carpet, new bedspreads, plush towels, nice shampoo/conditioner, CLEAN sheets, comfortable mattress. It actually reminded me of the All-Star Resorts at Disney World in that it is functional and comfortable but not ritzy....simply all you need.
3. Staff at front desk was polite (not Disney-ish or extra-welcoming) and I appreciate that they let me out of my last night's reservation without a fee...we had a change of plans. My kids later said they missed the Tropicana.
4. The valet staff was very friendly and helpful....especially Kevin!
5. I cannot speak for the breakfast because they didn't open tip 7 a.m. and we wanted to be at the parks at 7 a.m. so we didn't get to have breakfast. I did read that they charged extra for cereal and milk which I wouldn't particularly like. I do know it was on the 3rd floor.
6. There is a $10 fee to park every day. When we got there, there weren't any spaces available but they valeted it for me and even brought it to me once when we needed something from the car, and then valeted it back (I did tip for that).

For the price and location I will DEFINITELY stay here again and recommend it to anyone who isn't a diva. (It is older and simply functional but did I stress enough that it is CLEAN AND SAFE!)

Room Tip: I asked for a bathtub and a room close to the front.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LLPProsper_Tx
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here, we decided to book 10 days at the Tropicana. Upon arrival, we were advised there was no king size bed available as we requested three months earlier when we booked the trip, as we were travelling with an infant we requested a crib as well. While travelling with family we requested adjoining rooms as well, this request was unfortunately neglected as well. The motel front desk guest service upon check in was unfriendly and rude, he did not even provide directions on how to get to our room. Upon gaining access to our room to which we were suppossed to be in for the next ten days... There was no crib as requested. We had to get hotel staff to move out sitting chairs and table to fit the crib they later brought up, hence the reason for the king bed! Needless to say the room was cramped! There was bugs visible in the light fixtures, the air conditioners were loud and noisy. As I mentioned earlier we travelled with my inlaws , however they too had bugs in their light fixtures (In the Bathroom) and called to have them removed. The breakfast they supply is simple as everyone complains about but really what do you expect... There is donuts, small apples croissants, coffee and juice and yes pay for milk for cereal, but We didn't plan on eating that for 10 days anyhow. The pool was nice and pool deck was clean... 7/8 of our family members ended up with Norwalk virus, on day 6. Very difficult with an infant who is 11 months old and is sick out both ends as well as my wife and myself.... Not sure where we picked this virus up but it should be known my father inlaw was hospitilized the next day after me and my wife pulled the plug and went home... According to my sister in law they had the room rented out immediately after we left, which is sad because there is no possible way they could have given it a proper cleaning it required. There was also a young girl sick in the lobby (vomit), Also a few rooms I walked by had towels left outside of front door (vomit) so I have a good idea where the virus came from if you catch my drift. The only good thing about this place is the location, I would rather spend more money and stay somewhere nicer and less time then stay here, after all our trip was cut short 4 days anyway. There was one nice employee that brought me a ton of towels and sheets at 3AM, and I tried tipping him but he wouldn't take it... Upon arriving home my wife called and left a message for the manager to call her back, but never got the call... I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
10  Thank bcboy73
Reviewed December 22, 2012

location location location - right across Harbor Blvd from the entrance to Disney. The room was large and clean and the bed was good. We had wet carpet under the sink...? leak? but they fixed it. The continental breakfast was disappointing to say the least - orange, apple, coffee, donut, pastry and/ or juice. If you want cereal it costs $1.00 If you want milk for it $1.50. Good grief - why such cheepskates? No waffles or protein. Internet is $10/day. They need to catch up with the industry with their breakfasts and internet. Other than that it was nice and the location makes it....

Room Tip: A room on the top might be best... could hear kids running often of the stairway above our second st...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank therealsherlock
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have stayed at the Tropicana Inn off and on for decades’ worth of trips to Disneyland. The hotel is located immediately east of Disneyland, it is one of the closest hotels to stay in near the park. You cannot beat the location. It is also close to McDonalds and other out of park restaurants (to save a little $$$ if you are on a budget and want to escape the Disneyland food prices).

The continental breakfast is okay (doughnuts, pastries, and juice), but you pay extra for bagels, cereal, milk. We stayed in a handicapped room which has the sink and mirror in with bathroom (making it a little difficult for everyone to get ready at the same time). The lighting in our unit was also a little poor back by the bathroom area. Do not let that deter you, however, it is a great place to stay. The non-handicap rooms have the sink and mirror outside of the bathroom and do not have the same lighting issues. If you can get a good deal on a room, it is DEFINATELY worth it to stay here. Our kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. You do pay extra for parking. The room was a little tight for 5, but a twin blowup mattress works fine in the tight spots.

We have stayed off-site (taken a shuttle back and forth to the park) as well as in hotels right across the street (like the Tropicana). In our opinion, staying right across the street is well worth the extra couple of dollars to have the convenience of walking to and from the park on your schedule and not having to wait around for the shuttle. This is a nice hotel and I recommend it for your consideration. It will continue to be on our list for top consideration for future stays.

2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have used this establishment before and have always been impressed with the location to Disneyland as well as the nice-ness of the rooms. This recent visit this past weekend welcomed us to brand new rooms. They were very clean, the staff was friendly, and we got towel-agami each night in our room. For those of you who don't know towel-agami, it's like having your towel(s) put into animals or flowers. It was a nice surprise. What I really wasn't expecting was the VERY VERY comfortable beds. I slept better in this room more than the rooms in the Disneyland Resort hotels.

1  Thank Casey B