Tropicana Inn & Suites
$159
$189
$169
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Garden Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$185
$661
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
1,162 results
All reviewsacross the streetconvenience storecontinental breakfastmini martafter a long daypizza pressdisneyland entrancethird floormid daysmall storepool and hot tubvalet serviceparking spotlocation is fantasticcan't beat the locationmain entrancebeds were comfortable
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I did a lot of research before picking this hotel, and we weren't disapointed. We've stayed at the Hilton and the Disneyland Hotel in the past, but we were trying to be more budget conscious this trip, and I was worried about dragging our 1.5 year old on and off shuttles. We didn't have to worry about that here - we were literally closer to the entrance of Disneyland than their parking is!

I am giving this hotel a 4 because the price was better than similar hotels farther away, it had comfortable beds, a microwave, fridge, we didn't have any issues with noise (even thought the hotel was packed), and the room and bathroom were very clean. It also had a little market attached where we bought snacks. We didn't use them, but it does offer a VERY basic morning breakfast and laundry machines. Their bell boys were very helpful and check in and out went very smoothly.

Some things to consider:
-If you are looking to spend time at the hotel itself, this might not be the place for you. It does have a pool that has been nicely hardscaped, but you will be staring at the parking lot while you are there.
-We found parking, but it was VERY full, and I can imagine that there are times when people might need to use their valet service to have their car parked. (Even at 5:30 in the morning they had someone at their valet station ready to help!)
-The elevators are only on one side of the property, so if you need to be close to an elevator make sure you request that.
-We went with friends who stayed in another part of the hotel. They had the same ammenities, except that they didn't have a bath. So if you need a bath for young children, I would mention it when you book.
-The rooms weren't very large, but we didn't care because all we were doing was taking naps and sleeping at night.
- My shower was fine, but my friends was a little weak and ran cool. They actually figured out that if they ran the sink at the same time as the shower, the shower warmed up!

Had it not been for the few things listed above, I probably would have given it a 5, because I honestly don't think that the location and price can be beaten! (Another friend of mine, who is a Disney pass holder happened to also be staying there, and she said it was better than the Best Western next door, but I've never stayed at the Best Western myself.)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank oceanai
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here when we were visiting Disneyland. The staff were lovely. There was an issue with our reservation when we arrived, but that was cleared up with a minimum of fuss which was much appreciated as we had just come from a 14hr flight from Australia. The hotel was across the road from Disneyland which I found amazing. We were also close to transport to shopping outlets in the area. The staf were friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fran R
Reviewed November 20, 2012

After doing some research we decided on staying at the Tropicana. As it turned out this was a great decision. We were very fortunate to get a nice gentlemen at the front desk when we check in that gave us a better room for our family. Thank you !! 3 kids and two adults. Viewed the fireworks one night from our balcony. Rooms are not plush of course but certainly very adequate and clean. One of the A/C units was not working correctly but it didn't affect our sleep. Good TV's clean sheets and towels in the bathrooms. Very happy with our stay and would recommend it for the price.

The location is perfect near the main cross walk to the Disney entrance. A good convenience store within the hotel. Many restaurants nearby etc. I would recommend Denney's for breakfast. We paid 50US at IHOP at 35 at Denney's for the basically the same options.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank JWD1969
Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you want to stay at a motel directly across the street from Disneyland's front door, look no further. Easy access, ability to leave Disney at any time of the day and run back for a nap, or to change clothes as the weather changes. If location matters the most, you can't do any better than being just outside the Disney Harbor Avenue Main Walk-In Gate. You are actually only steps away from where all the shuttle busses drop visitors off.
As a motel property, the rooms are acceptable, average size and soundproofing, well ventilated and the bathrooms are clean. The towels and sheets are average, the pillows a bit spongy. There is a $9 daily charge to park your car, but this is still cheaper than the Disney day lots, and the attendant keeps out pirate parkers. They let you stay in their lot if it is too early to check in, an added bonus. There is a breakfast room on the 3rd floor, but only the coffee is really complimentary; expect to pay a buck or two for any juice or breakfast danish item. I guess this keeps out the lookie loos and their messy kids that take lots of food and throw it away, but it feels cheap to have to pay for a sweet roll after spending between $100 and $200 a night to sleep. There are plenty of places for fast-food breakfast within 1 block in any direction.
After reading the reviews of the Tropicana Inn, I will admit my bar was set pretty low. I was expecting a lot less than they delivered. So I was surprised that the property was nice and clean, spacious lobby, easy parking access, and an elevator available to help get luggage to the upper floors. This is no Hilton or Sheraton, so just go with it and you will be happy with what you pay and how close you stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank QuickDrawMcGraw77
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at numerous hotels along Harbor such as Howard Johnson, BW Park Place Inn, BW Anaheim Inn, Park Vue Inn, and Anaheim Inn. This is the teeniest, tiniest room I have ever experienced. I read some other reviews on this hotel and one person said on one stay they had a reasonable sized room and the next stay they had a tiny room so I am wondering if the wing with the 3 stories has the tiny rooms as I was on the 3rd floor. Perhaps you can call and ask the hotel if the side with only two stories has larger rooms. For some reason they were also having serious issues with the fire alarm going off! I believe it went off at least 4 times during our stay. Two of the times were in the middle of the night after midnight and woke me up! Very frustrating!
The Pros:
Amazing front desk help..very friendly and courteous
Rooms are very clean
During our stay we went from barely any tv channels to tons..so I think they must have upgraded
Good size refrigerator in the room
Nice thick bath towels
Comfortable bedding and plenty of pillows--6 per bed I think
Very close walk to Disneyland
Great view of the fireworks on the 3rd floor
Quiet on the 3rd floor except for the rude parents that let their kids run up and down the deck screaming--not the hotels fault--

Cons:
Very noisy air conditioner...we had to leave the lid panel open so it wouldn't keep us awake vibrating
Microwave was tiny and didn't pop popcorn well
The smallest room I have ever experienced--double queen best suited for 2 or 3 people only
The dresser they provided only had 3 shallow drawers..we couldn't unpack our whole family because you can really only fit a 3 day supply in each drawer and we were more than 3 people in our family.
Fire alarm kept going off
Swimming pool wasn't heated
Breakfast was laughable..we went to the grocery store and got our own and ate in the room

Unless they do have larger double queen rooms available I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family