“Basic but Clean”

Ranked #38 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Canada
“Basic but Clean”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Pool was warm, mini market sold plenty of refreshments and Disney was super close. Perfect for our quick family mini vacation to Disney. The breakfast was the only complaint...very limited and the apples were always brown inside although appeared very fresh from the outside.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vaca_Bound_Canada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Had handicap room, if I had a wheelchair it would of got stuck. They shouldn't offer free breakfast when they charge for majority items they have, try it you'll see. Internet charge. My bill charged to my credit card is about $40 more than next door. (Free breakfast, Internet, same size beds in room and larger room that is not handicap accessible.) Kids had fun reading the emergency evacuation notice - stating do not use elevator in emergency. We are on the ground floor. What if we want a better view? Might stay here again only if nothing else was available. Cost 1 star. Room size for being a handicap room 1 star. Breakfast 1 star. Internet 1 star. Closeness to parks 5 stars. Staff friendliness 5 stars. Overall 1 star. It doesn't matter how friendly or how close something is (in my opinion) I don't expect half a breakfast paid Internet and half a room for more. The only problem I have with this review is if they change anything for the better or worse I won't be able to update my comment...but then again they had their chance when I stayed there the first and only time for a better review, just saying.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert B
Napa, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Tropicanan is one of the best locations to stay if you are going to Disneyland. Right across the street it's not a long walk after an entire day in the park. The rooms are nice, clean and have refridgerators, microwaves and coffeemakers. We were only there for one night and did not have a chance to take advantage of the pool but it looked like a lovely area. The big complaint I have with this hotel is, they charge $10.00 a day parking to their guests that are staying in their hotel! That just ticked me off when they told us that at the front desk checking in. At that point what could we do about it? We had come in late Tuesday afternoon and our son was driving up from San Diego to meet us and go to the park the next day. We were happy to find out that even though we were checking out Wednesday morning that the hotel would allow us to leave our car in the parking lot while we were in the park. We were fine with paying the $14.00 fee for that but have to pay while we were a guest was just not right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Patty567
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here twice. The first time we stayed 7 nights in March of 2011 the second time 10 nights September 2012. The first time we stayed our room was smaller but obviously we were impressed with it because we stayed again. This time our room was much larger. I love the fridge and microwave. We went to walmart and bought water, juice, milk, cereal fruit etc and that works great.
The breakfast isn't that great but of course my kids loved the pastries, you have to pay for cereal and milk, which is kinda weird but it is what it is.
The pool my kids loved, it isn't huge but it was clean and always had towels. Every morning they were cleaning the pool and the parking lot. Our room was clean and staff were friendly. We booked tours through the front desk and it worked out great.

for the price and location you couldn't ask for anything better!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carrie F
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here for two nights while accompanying my 9 and 7 year old nieces to Disneyland. It was just fine for that purpose. Extremely convenient location (walking distance to the park - less than 1 block from the crosswalk to Disneyland) and the rooms were clean. You really can't expect luxury from this type of hotel and if it's luxury you want, then stay at one of the Disney resort hotels. If all you need is a clean place to sleep with a comfortable bed, then this works. I agree with the other reviewers that the breakfast is horrible - we took one look at it and went straight to McDonald's for an egg mcmuffin. But there are a lot of food options right there (IHOP, Denny's, McDonald's) so it wasn't a big deal. They do charge $9/day for parking, but they have valet (same price) so you can just drop off your car and not worry about it. None of the hotels have free parking anymore, so you should adjust your expectations if you think otherwise. The real drawback for me was the shower.... Really bad water pressure and a clogged shower head made for an unpleasant bathing experience. Otherwise it was fine when all you need is a place to crash after a long day at Disneyland.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stickie29
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After a long flight we arrived the hotel and it was great that you only cross the street to be in Disneyland ..perfect location and convenient room size but I expected more luxurious hotel from the photos on the web. Any how .. The service and housekeeping were very good and we enjoyed our stay there .I think it is perfect for people with kids , for the location and its design too gives a space for kids to play safely .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nouran43
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed there four nights. Monday to Thursday. Rooms were small. Noisy air conditioners. Poor breakfast. They charge extra for cereal and milk. Your breakfast will include a roll and coffee, and small apples and oranges. They charge an extra $10.00 a day for parking, and space is limited. They charge an extra $10.00 a day for wifi. My smoke detector battery went low in the middle of the night. Should be changed routinly. Good location so 2 stars is all I would give it.

Room Tip: If you stay here. Stay on ground floor close to the front.