“What a dump!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Buhl, Idaho
“What a dump!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have paid a lot less for nicer rooms. We wanted a suite because we brought our granddaughter to Disneyland. What we got was a room with two double beds and a little side room with a dirty sofa and a beat-up coffee table. The room was stifling hot when we got in it at 10:00 the first night--air con was off. The furniture is worn out; the carpet is dirty; the staff is friendly, and it is close to the park.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations during your latest stay. We have been cleaning carpets everyday and are considering changing the sofa to an additional bed for the extra room suite. I hope you will continue to stay with Choice Hotels in the future and particularly with us. We would love to have you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here for family trip to Disney in July. Staff was friendly and helpful.

It is a 15-20 minute walk to the park gate with no shuttle service option. The building is older and has been partly updated, like washrooms and outdoor paint and AC unit. Our room was technically a suite, but in reality it was a 2 queen room with an additional tiny room that had a sofa bed & small table in it. And, the sofa bed mattress was so uncomfortable for my 8 yr. old that she slept on it like a reg. sofa (ie, closed). Plus the only way to open the sofabed was to put the table up on its end in the corner!

When we arrived the room smelled unpleasant with a strong musty odor. The carpets may have been shampooed but had no ventilation to air dry very well--I don't know. We turned up the AC which helped dissipate the odor. By the end of the 2nd day it was much better with windows open to air it out better.

The pool was nice & refreshing. The hot tub needed attention and maintenance was on it right away. It took about 30 minutes to fix and worked OK from that point forward, fairly hot but not very strong jets.

Free WiFi worked well with decent reception and speed. Our room was fairly close to reception, so that may have helped.
Free hot breakfast was included and was pretty good--nothing fancy but as expected. The eating-buffet area was rather small and crowded, but there was additional seating outside which was nice in good weather. There were a few other nearby restaurants (walking distance), like Denny's next door and Cocos a few doors down
Hotel Parking was also free.

This is a good hotel for the budget conscious traveller, and with the free stuff provides good value for your money.

3 Thank therev68
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We read all reviews and appreciate any feedback we receive. Due to your comments regarding our sofa sleeper we have been discussing our options. We are talking to current guests who are staying in this room to find out if taking out the sofa and replacing it with a single or double bed would be more accommodating. We believe that most of our guests are not using this extra room as a place to sit but instead as an extra bed. We would love to hear any ideas that you have. We hope to hear from you soon.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a nice stay at this hotel. The room we stayed in was somewhat updated and you could tell that management has been making a real good effort on giving you that upgraded feel without breaking their wallet. Breakfast was very good, however, the front lobby/dining area is very small and cramped. People are stepping over each other trying to get their plates filled. Since, the breakfast is included (and pretty good), I don't think anyone would really complain about this. I will definitely stay here again. The staff was very helpful and Disneyland is about a 2 big-block walk. We paid $99/night for a 2-bed room. I don't know that I would pay more than that for this hotel though.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. We are having another two tables delivered that will seat 7. We plan on putting those outside. I hope that you will plan on staying with us soon and be able to enjoy the added seating.
California Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Free WI FI, Free breakfast, and very quiet at night. My room was not filthy and the beds were
very comfortable. The walk to disneyland was o.k. It is very sad that they have shut off access
thru the California Hotel, because they dont want us average folk gracing their hotel, so it is another 10/15 minute walk. The price here is reasonable, the hot tub bubbles werent working so that was a little disappointing, I was told they would fix it, but never checked to see if they did.
I honsetly dont think you would be disappointed at all if you stayed here. I will again if and when
we make it back to disneyland.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor and did not here our neighbors at all at night. could be that every o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review for potential guests. We appreciate every one that comes in. Without having comments, concerns or suggestions we would not be able to make appropriate changes. Thank you again for taking the time.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The room was dirty. The carpet was absolutely filthy. My son took his shoes off and his feet were black within 5 minutes. I asked the front desk to please clean the carpets. Was told at first they couldn't without access to the room for a 24 hour drying period but they relented and cleaned them and put a carpet dryer on them. Breakfast area is the lobby. They just pull tables out and it's very crowded. Food was usually gone. Tables were never cleaned. The walls seem paper thin as you can hear everyone walk outside your door. The window in the bathroom is odd. You can open it to vent the steam from hot showers but the walkway is right there so anyone walking on the balcony gets a free peep show. I could easily tolerate all of this if they had a shuttle leaving say once an hour to Disney. It's a 1.1 mile walk. Ok in the mornings....brutal in the evenings after walking all day. Pillows are a joke. They are very tiny throw pillows and give NO support. Location is the only thing going for this little motel. I say motel because room access is from the exterior.

Room Tip: Don't think you can get a great room here. It's how much are you willing to tolerate.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your trip. I realize the breakfast area is small and we have been adding tables outside for more seating. The days when everyone seems to come down at the same time we also open up the pool area early so people can sit at those tables. I will continue to find more options for the people who are left without a place to sit and who do not want to eat in their rooms.
Our hotel is an older building and only a few of the rooms have fans in the restrooms. I don't know what we can do with regard to the windows and lack of ventilation but I will discuss this with my staff and see if there is a solution. I do apologize for your trip not being all that it could have been.

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was a little disenchanted the second time around, with this hotel. First of all, when we booked, we called and requested a specific room and were told it would be available for us. When we got there, it was a different story, and trust me, all rooms are not created equal here. The first room we stayed in was spacious and nice, and what was better, it was a free stay for us with Choice Privelages bonus points. This time, as paying customers, we got a much smaller room, it looked dirtier, and the staff didn't have a reason for the room we requested being unavailable. They were also resurfacing the sidewalks during our visit, which meant in order to get to our car, we had to walk through the sand playground. Imagine sand in the shoes all day! During breakfast in the crowded lobby, a kid puked on the floor at the table next to us, and no one bothered cleaning it up. It was nasty to say the least. Though the hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to Disneyland and Downtown Disney, I'll have to think twice about staying here again. Perhaps if I have another free night to burn, I'll give it another chance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mrstywiltbank
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
I apologize for not providing the quality service that we are known for. I can only say that we always honor the room type when at all possible. When we do have to change the type we will only upgrade. I do not know what the issue was with your specific reservation but I do apologize if you were not given exactly what you had requested. I cannot think of words to express my feelings when thinking about the child who threw up during breakfast. I do hope that everyone concerned in the incident was ok. We follow hotel policy with regard to the cleaning of situations like this and want to assure you that as soon as our staff was made aware of the situation it was sanitized. I realize that this made your breakfast unpleasant and I apologize for situations where we have no control. I hope you are able to stay with us again in the future to appreciate our exceptional service.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Booked with Choice Privileges points and stayed here for 4 nights. Even if I paid for this , just the free parking, free breakfast and great location covers it all.
The reception/front of house people are great, we met about 3 different ones and all were great in terms of helping out with what we needed and were willing to have a chat. Had a real family feel to it.

The room were good, a little stuffy but once we powered on the air con and open the windows it was ok.
The carpets could do with a bit of a clean but besides for that , everything was clean and there was plenty of space.

Walking distance from disneyland (about 15 min) and a bit of a walk to the shopping complex. A dennys and convenience were right next door which came in really handy.

Overall a great experience, just hope the carpets get cleaned, thats all that kept me from giving it 5 stars.

PS - Free wifi also a great service

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis M
Thank you for your review. Carpets are being cleaned on a daily basis now. Hope to see you soon.