“2nd Happiest Place on Earth!”

Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park
Ranked #75 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My sis and I chose this place for our return to childhood because of its reviews and especially the manager's (Shannon) responses to them. Anyone who takes the time to respond obviously cares about the property and guests. And she and the owner do! Our room was spacious, comfortable, clean and quiet with all ammenities. The upscale breakfast provided scrambled eggs, sausage, cold cereal, fresh homemade waffles, croissants, mini cinnamon rolls, breads, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate, and was restocked quickly by a friendly attendant. The dining area was small so we timed our dining around the excited kids going to Disneyland. There are also tables outside in the patio area. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. This is a relaxing place to stay because due to its moderate size there isn't a lot of guest activity and resulting noise. I enjoyed the pool and whirlpool in solitarity. There's a convenient shuttle service to Disneyland and the surrounding area. We arrived by Amtrak and easily connected with the shuttle. I would highly recommend this property!

3  Thank PAMELA A
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I cannot thank you enough for your high praises. I am definitely sharing this review with all of our staff. There are not words to say how much fun you were to have stay with us. I can only hope that you will be returning to the area again soon.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This Motel is very very outdated! I felt the need to wear flip flops when walking on the floor so I wouldn't have to touch the dirty carpet. The walls were also very dirty. The beds were clean and comfy though. What made this hotel worth it was the great service and free breakfast. The staff was incredible and so fun to talk to. They addressed every concern I had and helped me navigate around Anaheim. The breakfast was also great! They have a shuttle that takes you to the Disneyland Resort. It is 5.00 per adult for the whole day and 2.00 per child for the whole day. Unfortunately this hotel does not sell tickets like the Best Western does next door so you have to walk a few blocks to the Annabelle hotel to buy them but it is still on the same route to the parks so you can just catch the shuttle there instead of having to walk back to the hotel. Overall, it was a decent hotel. The kids loved swimming and playing on the playground. I just wish they would update their rooms some and sell the shuttle tickets.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

I apologize for your feeling that the room was dirty. I will go through our housekeeping procedures and review our training for the staff immediately. We have a carpet cleaning schedule that we try to hold to, however this has been an extremely busy few months. I will make sure that we are more observant with scheduling extra cleaning. Thank you for bringing this situation to my attention, guest feedback is extremely important for this very reason. I hope you can come back soon and see the rooms freshly cleaned carpets!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was a little nervous by the outside looks of the motel, but when we got inside I was pleasantly surprised. We got the two queen size room. Our room was huge! There was also a fold out couch that we could have slept up to another 1 or 2 people! Fridge was in the room and a microwave. The bathroom was newly remodeled and looked freshly painted. I think they only thing they could have done to improve the room was to change out the tile which was dirty and grungy, but other than that, our 3 night visit went very well. We could see the DL Fireworks from our window and we were right there close to the park. We could have walked to Downtown Disney if we chose, but since we have season passes, we park for free. The Mickey and Friends lot was right down the street. I was very happy with our stay and will definitely stay here again. Had a bad experience with a prior Quality Inn in Orange during our last stay, but this Quality Inn helped redeem my image of the Choice Brand. One thing in particular I noticed was my 19 month old had spilled his juice on my bed one day and when we came back, they had changed the sheets. I totally didn't expect that as the spots weren't very big, but it was a pleasant surprise and lets me know they pay attention to detail! Well done! You will get my business again!!!

4  Thank Mrstywiltbank

Thank you so much for your kind words. We do try to pay attention to detail in the rooms and so should every Choice hotel. I am happy to hear that you will continue to stay with the Choice brand in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for three nights while visiting Disneyland. We had two rooms, one standard (for the in-laws) and one suite. We booked the suite in order to have a separate sleeping room for the kids. The extra room, however, was very small (just enough room to unfold the bed) and couldn't be used for much more than sleeping (it had no TV). Strangely, the extra room also lacked any heat (it only had a cooling unit). We were in Anaheim during a cold spell in January so this was problematic but didn't ruin our stay.

The standard room seemed a bit more updated than the suite but, aside from some peeling paint, both rooms were clean and comfortable. The hot breakfast was perfect (selection included belgian waffles, eggs, sausages, toast, pastries, cold cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit) but, as has been noted by other reviews, the seating area is woefully inadequate. Fortuntately, we weren't there during a busy time so the lack of room was more of a nuisance than anything else.

I estimated the walk to Disneyland front gates to be about a mile. For us, it took 15 to 20 minutes, which was what we expected.

Service was friendly and attentive. All in, given the price, we thought the value was excellent and would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chapin22
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I am checking into the issue you had with no heat in the suites extra room. I am also having the bathrooms repainted as we speak. I will speak to our staff again about reporting any issues about the rooms to me. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I assure you that they will be fixed by your next visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Quality Inn at Anaheim has it all:
- the rooms are reasonably priced (especially with a AAA discount)
- decently furnished (including flat screen TVs)
- they offer a decent breakfast bar (make your own waffles, fresh fruit,
pastries…much more than packaged Danishes)
- with in walking distance to the park and diners
- great WIFI connection
- friendly staff

Hands down, this is my favorite place to stay when visiting Disneyland.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BJansen_13
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review. We look forward to having you stay again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here in December of 2012 for three days and four nights. It was easily within walking distance to Downtown Disney (take S. DIsneyland Dr. and cut through Grand Californian). It had a hot breakfast consisting of waffles, eggs, sausage along with cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, mini muffins, machine OJ and apple juice and oatmeal. The motel is oriented like a U with the pool area in the middle. The room itself was very neat and presentable. The carpets were clean and taken care of. The bed and bedding were also neat and clean. The bathroom was very large and consisted of the sink, toilet and shower. It had a flat screen TV and a surprising number of channels. As we were leaving they were in the process of upgrading their TV service to all HD. The bed was comfortable and a little on the firm side which was good for me. Not firm as in stiff plywood firm but just not fluffy pillow soft. Now the room itself was on the small side with only a couple of feet of space between the bed and the side of the room with the window. The bathroom took up too much space in the room. It was a poor design. Wi-Fi sucked. We were in the last room on the second floor and I could not get a signal anywhere in the room or out on the balcony. I had to sit next to the door to get one bar that faded in and out. They need to address the lack of signal boosters at the back of the motel. Other than that this motel is a very, very good deal and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Rooms near the back of the motel will have a terrible Wi-Fi signal. I assume the opposite the closer...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank placerman

I have good news! Our wi fi is up and running. We have just finished with our largest convention of the year and everyone only had good things to say about it. They did actually mention that last year was "spotty", but that this year was "great". We are so happy to finally be able to provide everyone with this service and hope that you will stop in and try it.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Don't let the outside fool you. The rooms are clean and well kept. They have obviously been updated. Despite the obviously old building, the rooms are up-to-date. Best of all, the staff was extremely nice and very helpful. Honestly, we had better service here than at Disneyland!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank pwb77
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. It is nice to know that we helped to make your stay enjoyable.