“Well Worth the Cost!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park
Ranked #75 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed here while in town for business. I stayed in two different rooms over two separate weeks. I knew I wasn't staying at the Marriott, so my expectations weren't very high. This hotel exceeded my expectations! The rooms were clean and provided everything I needed. The breakfast was a decent continental breakfast. The keyword is CONTINENTAL. If you expect eggs, bacon, sausage, etc., you need to look for a place that provides a HOT breakfast. I was able to find something to fit my need every morning. The WiFi signal was poor in the room I was in at the rear of the hotel, which was disappointing. However, my second room in the front of the hotel had a good WiFi signal. The pool was heated and comfortable to swim in during the cool winter month. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a clean place on a budget!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dsrtdsl

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Okay, I have stayed here before, and Id was very disappointed in them the first time. But with a big convention in town, this was the only hotel we could find under $100 a night with a breakfast, so we crossed our fingers and gave them another chance. Overall, pretty good stay. The pool and hot tub were clean (although there was so much chlorine in the hot tub that my skin felt like it was getting sandpapered off) and our room was very clean and though a little older, pretty well maintained. The walls are very thin though, so expect to hear every move your neighbors make. Let's just say I was very grateful that the baby next door didn't start to cry until we were already up.
Staff was nice, the off part was...breakfast.
Okay, first of all, I admit to being on a low carb diet. I don't, however, expect a hotel to cater to my needs and have tons of bacon and or sausage or anything to get me started in the morning. Usually, there is something that I can have be it eggs or yogurt, just SOMETHING. This hotel had carbs carbs and more carbs. I finally found one lonely little tub of sugar packed yogurt and that was the best they had to offer. No eggs, no sausage, no bacon--they did have corn dogs...yes,...microwaveable corn dogs for breakfast. Out of desperation, my husband finally ate one of those. and the carbs weren't ... well... quality either. The "fresh fruit" basket was full of vintage selections at best. The apples were small and honestly looked like they had been sitting in the basket for a couple of weeks.
would I stay here again? Possibly, if none of the other choice hotels were available for a reasonable price. and, I was much more impressed with these guys then I was last time, but if you are expecting a good quality breakfast with your room, go somewhere else--unless you like corn dogs.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank designgeek
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

I am pleased to announce that our "normal" breakfast is back. We were in the process of adding a kitchen to the property and were temporarily prohibited from serving any food that was prepared. We have completed the project and have now begun serving eggs and sausage once again. This time we added the waffle irons due to many suggestions from our guests. We are also considering breakfast burritos (pending guest feedback). I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again and give us your thoughts about what else we can improve or add.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Okay, so...I've always been a little skeptical of reviews like this. I work in the hotel business, and I know that you just can't please some people..no matter how hard the hotel tries. So, I tend to be more lenient with the hotels we stay at. I have no problem letting a little dirt slip by, but this place..was by far THE worst place I have ever stayed in. I've traveled all over and stay in hotels quite a bit. More than 5 months total this year....this place was HORRIBLE. We checked in late at night, after a day at Disneyland. The lady at the front desk was very sweet and helpful and gave us a room on the first floor. When we got to the room, I checked the beds, as I always do. Me and my husband's bed had makeup on the pillows and sheets. I called the front desk, and she offered to switch rooms..but, we already had all our stuff carried in. So, I just asked for more linens. I'd change the sheets myself. She offered to do it, but, she was so busy, I didn't mind. Something in my head kept telling me to check my daughter's bed more thoroughly. So, I stripped it. Sure enough, the comforter had what looked like vomit on the underside. The housekeeper obviously just flipped it over so we wouldn't see it. So,at midnight, after a long day, I changed the sheets on both beds, and we started to take our showers and go to bed. Only, the toilet didn't work. The chain on the flusher in the tank was broken. To flush it, we had to reach inside the tank and pull the stopped by hand. Fun. When I brought all this to the manager's attention the next morning, all he offered me was a half hearted apology and points in their reward program. I had to ask for him to comp the night's stay..and he told me he had to think about it. Seriously? I've dealt with irate customers...and that's the first thing you offer. Especially if they are staying for multiple nights.And I made sure to be perfectly calm and nice...remembering the hotel code...you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. I was shocked that he didn't seem to care about how filthy the room was. We will NEVER stay there again. I don't care if it's the last hotel in Anaheim.

Room Tip: If you want a good room....go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank K L
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We orginally booked a different hotel and was quite surprised when we checked in. We immediately checked out of that hotel and found this Quality Inn & Suites just around the corner. Celena was very nice and allowed us to take a quick look at the room before making a decision if we wanted to stay or not. We could not have been happier staying anywhere else. The room was VERY CLEAN! Looks like there were some recent upgrades done in the room. The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We requested additional towels and they were very prompt in getting the towels to us. It was within walking distance to Disneyland which was an added plus. The room we had was with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper. The only downside was the breakfast in the lobby....not enough room and a few more choices would have been nice. Overall extremely happy and will be booking this hotel again when we return. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Kris M

We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your comments. I am aware of the breakfast area being crowded in the morning and we are trying to figure out a solution. We love it that every guest shows up to have the eggs, sausage and waffles in the morning, but it always seems to be at the same time! We recently added an extra half hour to the breakfast time and it has helped somewhat. We have discussed adding more seating outside and making a garden type area by the pool and playground. Just remember that wherever you eat, make sure you stop by the front desk to say hi.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on December 6-7, 2011. I opted for the 1 bedroom suite to give us more space. I couldn't have been more disappointed in the suite. First, it's not really a suite--it's just regular room with a very small room attached to it. The extra room has a pull-out couch and a coffee table and that's it. It has A/C but doesn't have heat.

The room was not that clean--the carpets were pretty dirty and the linens didn't seem all that clean either.

I slept on the pull-out couch and it was not comfortable. It's probably the cheapest and most uncomfortable pull-out bed I've ever slept on.

The manager at the front desk was friendly and the breakfast was average. They had eggs and sausage that we stuck between toast to make a sandwich. They had 3 cereal choices, some cold pastries, coffee, and some funky tasting juice.

I would stay here again at the $60/night rate, but I wouldn't waste my money on the suite (it was $90/night). For $60 it is acceptable and pretty much what you would expect when you spend $60/night. It was DEFINITELY not worth $90/night.

Location wise, it's not that close to Disneyland's entrance. It's a long walk (15-20 minutes). We used AAA to buy our tickets so we opted to use the free parking passes at the park.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on the suites.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Russ C
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed here from October 8 - 15. The rooms are fine. If you are very fussy, look elsewhere. If you want a comfortable room, within walking distance, this will be fine.
When we first opened the door, there was a strong perfumey smell which gave way to an old smell as the week went on.
The room was small, but it had a fridge and microwave and comfortable beds. The bathroom counter is very small and behind the door to the bathroom door so a little inconvenient.
The courtyard was lovely and the breakfast was good.
The pool looked lovely but the water was cold. Only used it for a few minutes one afternoon as it was so cold.
The people at the desk were lovely and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is not fussy!
We had a great deal and would stay here again for that price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
GMQualityInn, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you experienced a musty smell in the room. We have recently had the carpets cleaned and am sure that the rooms are more pleasant now. As for the pool, we adjusted the temperature a few degrees and we now have a crowd almost every night swimming! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Clean, attractive, and well located, within a 20-min walk to Disneyland. Nice little touches - glowing light switches, in-room safe, pretty fan-folded towels, and sturdy work desk. Good breakfast assortment and quantity.

I would have been very pleased with my stay if it wasn't for a string of problems - broken coffee maker, broken shower curtain bar (curtain sagging, touching the floor), and broken Internet. None of these problems were initially resolved after contacting the front desk, until I took it up with a manager on my 4th day there.

The Internet outage was really bad because I was on business, and different front desk staff denied there were Internet problems for three days. Finally, the 4th day, a new front desk guy admitted there were persistent issues, and the manager gave me 10% off my bill.

If all staff had been upfront and honest about Internet not working, I'd have been okay with it, but lying that it would be fixed "tomorrow," or that only I was having connection problems, was not cool. That plus having to find a manager to get stuff repaired was a black spot on an otherwise fine stay.

• Stayed: September 2011

What you experienced dealing with the front desk was unacceptable. I have changed the way information is shared among our employees and this will not happen again. We now have new owners who will make sure these problems are dealt with immediately. We hope you give us another chance to show you all of our improvements.