“Excellent Hotel for a great price”

Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive
Ranked #62 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent Hotel for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

I will be the first to admit, I was a little hesitant to book here, simply because it is a Super 8. However, my sister in law told me she had previously stayed here, and enjoyed it, so I booked our rooms for a 3 night stay. Was definitely pleasantly surprised. Hotel and rooms were very nice and clean (and I am VERY picky and I check in ALL corners, under beds, etc. to look for anything "funky" or out of place -couldn't find anything!). Beds were decently comfortable, and I did not have the usual back problems that I typically do when sleeping in hotel beds. Most of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking at first appears to be difficult, but staff is there to instantly assist you in finding a spot anytime - day or night (we arrive at 2:30am). Staff was very friendly, and even allowed us a late check out on Sunday with no extra cost. Rooms were nice and quiet, and although we had several adults in the room next to us celebrating for Halloween, we didn't hear a peep through the walls the entire night. Beds were freshly made every afternoon while we were gone. The rooms even have mini fridges in them to store small food items - which a bonus and not expected at all. We prepaid for our room through Expedia.com, and unlike other hotels I have stayed in - there were no additional "charges" added to the room upon check out. It IS a little further from Disneyland than walking distance, however, pay the $15 and park in the Disney parking lot like we did. You will still save a LOT more money than if you were to stay at a hotel directly across from Disneyland within walking distance. I can't comment on the breakfast quality they had available as we never partook of it. (We like to sleep in)

Overall, it was definitely a GREAT stay, and although we don't get to Anaheim much, we will DEFINITELY stay here again the next time we do!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Surprise AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

Our room was ready right when we arrived at 2:15 PM. The hotel is older and it is small. The rooms are clean and it was comfortable. It is basic but you can't expect more when you pay $50 a night that close to Disneyland. It was a great value for a short Disneyland trip. We came for 3 days to take our 6 year old and 14 year old to the Disney Halloween Party, The walk is long a good 15 minutes to the parking lot tram, but if you are wiliing to walk an extra 5 minutes you can be in downtown Disney and not have to wait for the tram, they fill up fast and you don't always get on one right away. The free breakfast was not much donuts and some cereal, it goes fast. That's not what we came for anyway if I was concerned about a great breakfast I would have stayed elsewhere. There is an am/pm right on the corner that is convenient as well. The location is right near the freeway but the noise is not an issue. I read complaints about parking, but the hotel was full while we were there and there were no parking issues that we noticed. Didn't use the pool, it was small but clean and kept up well. Like I said it is a great value if you are on a tight budget. It's old but clean and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Geelong, Victoria AUSTRALIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed at this Motel for 8 nights in August/September 2010. I wasn't sure what it would be like for the price but was very pleasantly suprised. The property was very clean, parking wasn't a problem and we didn't have any issues with noise. It was a little further from Disneyland than I had thought but it was within walking distance. The kids loved watching the fireworks from the spa on the nights we weren't at Disneyland. The only negative was that the beds were a bit too firm.

In short yes I would definitely recommend this property as a great value option when staying in Anaheim.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Blackwater165
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

We already stayed at both Super 8 motels in anheim , and by far this one is the best , my family found this motel very clean , very comfortable , and very convienent . This is actually closer to Disneyland than the other Super 8 claims to be , my kids really enjoyed the swimming pool , as my wife and I enjoyed our comfortable accomadations , their was actually a microwave and minature fridge , In our room unlike that other Super 8 motel did not supply ? Very clean very friendly Very Nice :)

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank maguirre0605
ainocupid, Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
Thanks for your response. Over the years we have strive to differentiate ourself from the other location since our guests often don't see the difference. I'm glad to hear that this effort has paid off. Not only are we at two different locations, we also offer different amenities and continue to improve and upgrade whenever we can. Thank you.
Las Vegas NV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

we tried to turn on the heater the smoke alarm went off, the second night we stayed they were booked full and did not have enough parking we complained and the next morning someone had let the air out of one of our tires.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
I'm sorry this guest had a bad experience. I believe we have been informed about her comment after she has checked out. The guest stayed with us sometime in early July. During the summer guests use AC instead of heater, thus when the guest turned on the heater then the unit will initially smell like burning. This is normal in any air conditioner unit. We were not aware of someone let the air out of their vehicle, if we did and did not respond then I apologize. It is my experience that from time to time there will be occasional pranks and I'm sorry she had such an experience.
Hollister, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

You could not ask for better hotel staff. Front desk was super helpful and always pleasant. The rooms are clean and well cared for. Expect noise from Disneyland at 9:30 everynight from the fireworks, other than that the rooms are very quiet. We had neighbors most of the 6 nights we stayed and never heard anything. Beds are hard but in good shape. Carpets are clean as was the room. Beware of the fridge, it freezes everything! I highly recommend this hotel and will certainly be a return guest. Breakfast was provided but donuts every morning was not our thing. Nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010
Thank you. I'll only focus on the one thing you mentioned that we need to improve: donuts. We've come to realize that most of our guests nowadays do not like donuts so we're in the process of selecting more varities. At the same time we also have to keep our costs in mind because if we have the best breakfast in the area we'll not be able to provide the most competitive rates to our guests. This is something that we always contemplate and give a lot of thoughts before making the changes. Thanks for your kind words.
nanaimo, bc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed 6 nights -- had the top floor which has a great view of the fireworks every night. We bought a 3 day park hopper pass which gave us plenty of time to see everything and do all of the rides, several times if we wanted to. We walked from the hotel to downtown disney for dinner on the first day we arrived. It's a nice easy walk, although it is a busy road. You can also walk to the shuttle area and this will take you right to the 2 main gates. It's very fast and efficient -- maybe a 5 minute wait at the most.

We did Disney on day one, then went sightseeing and to the Anaheim Mall the second day (reallly great prices and TONS of little stores). The third day was back to Disney and then the fourth day we went to Surf City. We took the public buses there, but it's kind of a long haul. We loved walking the boardwalks and you can rent tandem bikes and get surfing lessons. It was too windy for us beginners and the waves were too big, so we skipped that part. The last day was back to Disney where we did both parks, all the best rides over and over.

The hotel was great, the staff was super. They really took care of myself and my daughter, and we always felt safe. The breakfast is just what they advertise ~~ sweet cereals, toast and lots and lots of doughnuts. It's nothing to write home about, but it's free and it gets you going in the morning.

The pool and hot tub were nice at the end of the day. The only thing I hated was that our room had a musty smell. I didn't want to leave any windows open while we were away, so at the end of the day we had to really air the room. Not sure why it was musty as it is so dry in Anaheim.

All in all, the hotel is inexpensive and considering the location, it is a perfect place to stay if you are on a budget and visiting Disneyland.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thanks for this guest's kind words. Again we're aware of the changing guest taste in our breakfast items and will be introducing new selections this Fall. Hopefully our guests will enjoy their breakfast not because it's just 'free' but rather, it's a good selection and they like it.
Let me also address another concern which I've seen from time to time: the musky smell. From my experience as a hotel manager I've experienced this annoyance and addressed it with Housekeeping Manager therefore we always leave the guest room door open after a check out room has been serviced. I believe now we have to do more to curb this issue. I'll look into this but thanks for this guest to bring up the concern to my attention.