“Excellent value for money.”

Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive
Ranked #61 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed at this Motel for 8 nights in August/September 2010. I wasn't sure what it would be like for the price but was very pleasantly suprised. The property was very clean, parking wasn't a problem and we didn't have any issues with noise. It was a little further from Disneyland than I had thought but it was within walking distance. The kids loved watching the fireworks from the spa on the nights we weren't at Disneyland. The only negative was that the beds were a bit too firm.

In short yes I would definitely recommend this property as a great value option when staying in Anaheim.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Blackwater165
Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed August 22, 2010

We already stayed at both Super 8 motels in anheim , and by far this one is the best , my family found this motel very clean , very comfortable , and very convienent . This is actually closer to Disneyland than the other Super 8 claims to be , my kids really enjoyed the swimming pool , as my wife and I enjoyed our comfortable accomadations , their was actually a microwave and minature fridge , In our room unlike that other Super 8 motel did not supply ? Very clean very friendly Very Nice :)

1  Thank maguirre0605
ainocupid, Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2010

Thanks for your response. Over the years we have strive to differentiate ourself from the other location since our guests often don't see the difference. I'm glad to hear that this effort has paid off. Not only are we at two different locations, we also offer different amenities and continue to improve and upgrade whenever we can. Thank you.

Reviewed July 8, 2010

we tried to turn on the heater the smoke alarm went off, the second night we stayed they were booked full and did not have enough parking we complained and the next morning someone had let the air out of one of our tires.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

I'm sorry this guest had a bad experience. I believe we have been informed about her comment after she has checked out. The guest stayed with us sometime in early July. During the summer guests use AC instead of heater, thus when the guest turned on the heater then the unit will initially smell like burning. This is normal in any air conditioner unit. We were not aware of someone let the air out of their vehicle, if we did and did not respond then I apologize. It is my experience that from time to time there will be occasional pranks and I'm sorry she had such an experience.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

You could not ask for better hotel staff. Front desk was super helpful and always pleasant. The rooms are clean and well cared for. Expect noise from Disneyland at 9:30 everynight from the fireworks, other than that the rooms are very quiet. We had neighbors most of the 6 nights we stayed and never heard anything. Beds are hard but in good shape. Carpets are clean as was the room. Beware of the fridge, it freezes everything! I highly recommend this hotel and will certainly be a return guest. Breakfast was provided but donuts every morning was not our thing. Nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010

Thank you. I'll only focus on the one thing you mentioned that we need to improve: donuts. We've come to realize that most of our guests nowadays do not like donuts so we're in the process of selecting more varities. At the same time we also have to keep our costs in mind because if we have the best breakfast in the area we'll not be able to provide the most competitive rates to our guests. This is something that we always contemplate and give a lot of thoughts before making the changes. Thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed 6 nights -- had the top floor which has a great view of the fireworks every night. We bought a 3 day park hopper pass which gave us plenty of time to see everything and do all of the rides, several times if we wanted to. We walked from the hotel to downtown disney for dinner on the first day we arrived. It's a nice easy walk, although it is a busy road. You can also walk to the shuttle area and this will take you right to the 2 main gates. It's very fast and efficient -- maybe a 5 minute wait at the most.

We did Disney on day one, then went sightseeing and to the Anaheim Mall the second day (reallly great prices and TONS of little stores). The third day was back to Disney and then the fourth day we went to Surf City. We took the public buses there, but it's kind of a long haul. We loved walking the boardwalks and you can rent tandem bikes and get surfing lessons. It was too windy for us beginners and the waves were too big, so we skipped that part. The last day was back to Disney where we did both parks, all the best rides over and over.

The hotel was great, the staff was super. They really took care of myself and my daughter, and we always felt safe. The breakfast is just what they advertise ~~ sweet cereals, toast and lots and lots of doughnuts. It's nothing to write home about, but it's free and it gets you going in the morning.

The pool and hot tub were nice at the end of the day. The only thing I hated was that our room had a musty smell. I didn't want to leave any windows open while we were away, so at the end of the day we had to really air the room. Not sure why it was musty as it is so dry in Anaheim.

All in all, the hotel is inexpensive and considering the location, it is a perfect place to stay if you are on a budget and visiting Disneyland.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Thanks for this guest's kind words. Again we're aware of the changing guest taste in our breakfast items and will be introducing new selections this Fall. Hopefully our guests will enjoy their breakfast not because it's just 'free' but rather, it's a good selection and they like it.
Let me also address another concern which I've seen from time to time: the musky smell. From my experience as a hotel manager I've experienced this annoyance and addressed it with Housekeeping Manager therefore we always leave the guest room door open after a check out room has been serviced. I believe now we have to do more to curb this issue. I'll look into this but thanks for this guest to bring up the concern to my attention.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

This place is a dump! The only people writing favorable remarks are the owners, families and their friends. Don't say, "I didn't warn you"! The ONLY, ONLY, ONLY positive thing is that it's a good location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo

Whenever I see people so upset about their stay here I do take it personally, especially when they feel our property is a 'dump'. First of all I apologize for the place making the guest feel this way. There are a lot of lodging choices in Anaheim and for the guest to feel this way is benefitial to neither the property or him/her. I'd invite the guest to contact myself directly and let me know why exactly went wrong and I'll try my best to clear things up. Thank You.

Reviewed May 15, 2010

My daughter & I just stayed here & I must admit that I was impressed with the property. We stayed for four days and spent under $200 for the room, which had 2 queen beds, fridge & micro. The room was freshly painted, had granite counters, and was clean with very comfortable beds. The breakfast that was offered was basic, consisting of cereal, doughnuts, coffee, juice, and milk. Parking was tight and we couldn't always park close to the room, but we always got a spot. Coming back to the hotel from Disney was a challenge as you have to go past the hotel and then turn around a few blocks down to get into the parking lot, but once we figured it out it wasn't an issue. The pool was clean and the spa was just what the doctor ordered after a long day at Disney! All in all, for the money that we paid, we had a fantastic stay and will most definatly stay there everytime that we visit California!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Super8_Disney, Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2010

Thank you for your kind words. We are currently working on the breakfast update for our guests. This upcoming fall we also have plans to upgrade our pool/spa facility.