“Honestly I loved the hotel, I was a bit disappointed with...”

Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive
Ranked #65 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8_Disney, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

OK, so I was traveling with students and they wanted a cheap hotel, and that is what we got. The rooms were adequate - no more no less. Clean enough, beds average, bath just OK. The biggest issue I had was with the paper thin walls and doors. If you have people next to you, above you, or below you, expect a lot of noise. Also, if you stay there, be sure to be in your room for the Disney fireworks. The way they rattle the hotel is much more entertaining than the show...seriously - it is loud and the walls rock.
Oh, and I will just add....the lobby does not open until 7am, so don't even think of standing inside if you are waiting for a shuttle early in the morning and it is cold and raining...that seemed a little off, especially since the clerk was stationed at the desk...
And, it is not near any food or convenience store...far from the convention center, but I am not sure how close to Disney if you're looking for that. They did offer breakfast, but nothing hot - pretty basic continental fare.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your comment. We're so close that yes, fireworks can literally sound like gun shots. Almost every time we will receive calls at the front desk from guests who are not aware what's going on outside. =)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been generous at 4 simply because it was very good for the price I paid. Its an old-style external-balcony-door Super 8 so you know to expect basic accommodation. Very spacious but rather gloomy room with adequate beds, budget bedding and tired pillows, tiny towels but an otherwise OK bathroom. My room had hairdryer, fridge and microwave plus an OK old-style TV. The free breakfast was basic even by Super 8 standards with no fruit or healthy options, just sugar-loaded products, white and brown bread.
The location was great as it was only 15 mins walk to the parking area tram stop or 20 mins to the tram drop-off outside the park entrace. If you don't mind walking it saves the stiff $15 Disney charges to park your car. I would stay here again at the saving I made compared to other hotels I checked out!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a top floor room! These older properties have noisy floors and people above can b...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris50259

Thanks for your review. We strive to give our guests the best value possible. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon. We just needed a bed and a shower, nothing fancy, but even our lowest expectations were not met. The room was dank and moldy smelling. The mini fridge was unplugged. The only elevator wasn't working. One of the ice machines was running water nonstop. There was a clump of hair in the sheets. The knobs on the AC were broken.

And having said all that, we're not the type to flame a motel on TripAdvisor... but here is the kicker. OUR PARKING PASS WAS PRINTED ON THE BACK OF THEIR CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION LOG. Our section displayed names and phone numbers of previous customers! I would be so furious if my private info was disrespected like this!

I contacted the mgmt. and they did let me know that they would be speaking to staff about it, but I felt that a strong warning was in order... stay at your own risk, literally.

2  Thank bdragule

Thanks for your comment. I sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced and have assured you none of your personal information have been exposed. We have already corrected this situation, I appreciate the feedback

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Having stayed at this motel in 2010, I rebooked for our latest trip and I am happy to say that it was as good this time as it had been in 2010.
While it is not the most expensive (nor luxurious) accommodation in the area, as we spent all day at Disneyland, all we were looking for was a clean and comfortable room to sleep in,
Super8 delivered exactly what we wanted. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and well presented. The staff were friendly and helpful.

I will return to this motel, if I am in Anaheim again.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8_Disney, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thanks for taking the time out to write a nice response. We're glad you had a pleasant stay. Please do come back and visit us again. Thank you.

Reviewed January 15, 2013