“Awesome stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive
Ranked #61 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
“Awesome stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

The room was clean and there was plenty of space! Breakfast could be better but was just okay. Parking lot is a bit tight. We were super close to Disneyland which is awesome. Overall I would definitely use this place again!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Super8_Disney, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
I appreciate your positive feedback and I apologize if the parking was tight during your stay. Rest assured we'll be able to accommodate every vehicle that's staying with us. We will continue to find new breakfast items in order to provide the best value for all of our guests. Take care and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We satyed here in January. The staff was very nice,courteous and helpful to us. We had a little 7 mos baby and they allowed us to check in early so our little one could take a nap. The rooms were very clean and tidy.This was our third time visiting this location because we always are comfortable and enjoy our stay. Stay here

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank laura s
I appreciate your positive feedback and hope you had a wonderful honeymoon. Very often guests will get confused between the two Super 8 locations in Anaheim so we try to distinguish ourselves whenever we can. If you are ever back to visit Anaheim again we certainly hope you will consider us for your next stay! Take care.
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here on the last night of my honeymoon after the one I had stayed at for the whole rest of the honeymoon, the one "near Disneyland" would not extend my stay or offer any other solution since they were all booked up. This is so much a superior hotel. The beds were nicer, customer service was better, the walls weren't nearly so thin, there was a refrigerator and a microwave, and there were actually blankets on the bed....if you're choosing between the two, definitely choose this one.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Super8_Disney, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thanks for your kind words. We're glad to hear that you decided to stay with us and had a good experience. While there are two Super 8 locations in Anaheim, we strive to provide the best service and amenity. Thanks for your vote of confidence and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Rocklin, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed here twice this past year (July of 2011 and January 2012) and it's a really great motel that is super close to Disneyland. We were skeptical at first because it's so affordable we assumed there had to be something wrong with the place, but there's really not! Our family of four enjoyed the convenience of a Disneyland day without having to pay the outrageous fee's of the luxury resorts that are on site at both parks. Basically we slept in the room and spent the entire day(s) at both parks, so in my opinion it's money well spent when you have a tight budget. The staff is very nice, the free continental breakfast is good for kids and the tiny pool was fun to escape the heat. The parking lot is really the biggest challenge as it's a tight lot with not a lot of turn around room should you park in the front lot. The back parking lot is roomier but then you have to shlep your stuff.

Room Tip: If traveling with kids request a ground floor room!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Clairemom
Super8_Disney, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Disneyland Drive, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
I'm glad you and your family had a great stay. I agree parking can be challenging but like I've told all of our guests please do not worry because we'll be able to accommodate everyone. We have just recently updated our pool so it looks very inviting, especially during a hot breezy day. Thanks for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 12/20-12/27/11 and it was WONDERFUL! I booked our stay at this location back in March after reading reviews to many locations and this location had many positive things to say and the price was great! As our trip was approaching I read reviews and more of them seemed to be negative. I was concerned since prices and availability go up around the Holidays and we were weeks away from our trip. I contacted the Manager, Kevin Chen with my concern and he assured me our stay would be pleasant. I told him all we want is a clean room and decent beds to sleep on after long days at the park. We arrived and I was so happy. The staff that greeted us were so nice, the room & beds were clean, the area is safe, the walk to the parks or tram is only about 10-15 minutes, the pool was nice, small but nice and clean, the breakfast was limited but we bought some stuff from Wal Mart which is a 5 minute drive since each room has a refrigerator. So bottom line, as I think of all the negativity people write about, if you are looking for top of the line hotel then book at one and pay the price for it. If you are on a budget and want a clean room and bed, this place has it! You can also see the fireworks from the parking lot as if you were standing right in front of them which was awesome! We had the pleasure of meeting Kevin in person and thanked him for a wonderful stay. I would DEFINITELY recommend this place to stay and our family would stay here again! The only downfall I would say is parking but they are aware of this and did whatever it took to get everyone's car parked. We got back late one night and asked if we could park in front by our room in the check in parking spots and move it early in the morning and they said, no problem! Again, great place to stay with helpful, courteous staff!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ricandlin
First of all THANK YOU for taking the time to contact us directly and express your concerns. It means so much to us that our guests will spend the extra time and allow us to make everything as smooth as possible for them. When I receive your phone call I understand the concern you might have because for someone who has never been to Anaheim or our location, you put your trust in us to provide a nice, decent accommodation for your and your family. I, too, would do the same if I was travelling with family and expect the place I'm staying at to adequately address my concerns.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and took the time out to write a nice review for us. I hope everyone enjoyed their experience at the park because Disneyland truly is a magical place that we all need to visit once in a while to get rid of our everyday stress! Take care.
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

This was our second stay at this motel. We had 2 connecting rooms, they were both clean with fairly comfortable beds. The location is great it is only a short walk to the Disney parking lot tram, We went with my wife's parents, and they would tire out before we would , so we gave them the car to go back to the motel then we would walk back later. The parking lot is small but they do the best they can with what they have. The continental breakfast was decent, to all those other reviewers who complain about free continental breakfasts look up the definition of it. We plan on staying here again the next time we visit Disneyland...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Before going to this hotel I read all the reviews, and I can't believe the things people complain about... we paid about $280 for 4 nights, and that provided us with a clean room, a pool and a location close to Disneyland.

I'll admit, at first I was confused on how to walk to Disneyland, and I'm sure we took an odd way, but we would walk about 10 minutes, then get on the Mickey and Friends tram to get us there. Not sure if this is the best way, but it suited us fine.

Breakfast was some free juice and donuts etc, nothing we personally wanted, but I think when something is free, you should appreciate the gesture :)

Pool was cute and had a little spa (or hot tub) as well. We were the only ones in it when we dropped by, and I liked that it didn't close until 10pm, most hotel pools in Australia close around 7pm and it was great spending the day at Disneyland, then having dinner, then a dip in the pool.

Hotel also had a washer and dryer which was convenient.

If you come here and don't have a car, be mindful when you ask the hotel to call you a taxi... They will call a car service instead. I understand they're trying to support a car service business, but the problem is, we don't know how far away things are or how much a taxi would cost, so I prefer to have a taxi meter in front of me, than a person just giving me a price off the top of their head.
That being said, we got a car service to Medieval times and on the way home, the driver stopped at Ralph's for us for no charge and didn't mind waiting while we grabbed a few groceries. Car service is a good option if you know how much a cab ride would cost.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JorjaAus
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad you guys had an enjoyable stay. I appreciate the feedback about the car service and taxi cab. I have actually never thought of it this way until you brought it up. The car service you received is one of our trusted cab service partner. The reason why we call this company is because: they're very prompt; their vehicles are nicer; drivers are usually more easy going as you experienced they had no problem making an extra trip to the grocery. We also call Yellow cab but our experience with the company is somewhat mixed.
I can certainly understand the assurance of a metered cab feels in terms of pricing. My experience is that regardless if it's a short trip or long trip, the car service company we use is competitive to the cab company. However, I will let the front desk staff know in the future to let the guest know which company we'll be calling so you'll have an option to choose. Thanks again for your feedback.