Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
$653
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
1,421 results
All reviewsfull kitchenthe penthouseloft roomgrocery shopping servicewafflesdisney deskbasketball courtfree breakfastopen hourssofa bedminute walkfree parkingliving areaown bathroomcheesecake factorygarden walkseparate bedroom
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriott visitor, however if all the properties were like this one I think I would quickly switch to Hilton.

I booked a one bedroom suite with two queen beds and a sofa bed. We were given a very small version of this on the first floor directly across from check in area. The rooms seem very out dated. My youngest daughter was going to sleep on the sofa bed, however when we opened the couch the sofa bed was full of popcorn from a previous guest. Luckily we always bring a cot with us. The shower was missing a shower curtain.

I could not believe the noise that was generated by the pipes from the upstairs room. Every time the unit above us flushed their toilet we were woken up. The 6:00am showers from the room above made it impossible to sleep in. So much for a relaxing vacation.

After two nights of that we asked to be moved. The second room was much larger however still was outdated. The drawers on the dresser barley worked. While we were upstairs we were next to the freeway which was fairly noisy. At least it was constant noise.

The hotel staff was excellent. All very helpful and did their job well. The morning breakfast was a bit more that your standard residence inn breakfast. That was a nice surprise.

The ART bus to Disneyland ran every 20 minutes. That was a great option over walking to the park.

Parking seems a bit difficult. All the spots near our room were taken. We parked in the south side of the hotel.

Overall, for $209 plus tax a night I was very disappointed in the rooms. I think next time I will choose something a bit newer. I may give the Residence inn on Harbor just South of Katella a try. In the past we have stayed at the Howard Johnson. Their rooms have recently been renovated and cost about $140 a night.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Soar573
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Soar573,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the dissatisfaction you had with our rooms. We are acutely aware that our hotel is beginning to show its age. Fortunately, our hotel will be going through a renovation very soon, and we are just as excited about it as our guests are. Once we have finished undergoing our renovation, I hope you allow us a second opportunity to serve you the next time you visit the Anaheim Resort Area.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Just returned from a great second stay at Residence Inn Maingate in Anaheim.

The good...

Check in was a breeze as was the parking. As Marriot Club members, we got to participate in a little contest to get extra points by spinning a wheel at check in. Silly but certainly fun!

Location was amazing. Easy walk to Disneyland for our young girls. Easy access to other places to eat two blocks away at the outdoor mall. (Thanks Cheesecake Factory for a lovely welcome dinner!!)

Breakfast included in the price of the room was filling. Coffee was only so so but definitely not a deal breaker. Wi Fi connectivity included in room price was adequate but slower than I remember last time. Parking was lovely! No extra charge to park here and then walk to Disneyland. This saves $16 per day!

Handy that Disney has a ticket counter right there in the hotel lobby. Had we not had tickets, this would have been a plus as it would have saved us time standing in that line at the park.

The Bad....
Room had slight mildew smell but I didn't notice this after we had been there a few minutes. We didn't use the kitchen in the unit though that was our fault!

The Ugly...
Nothing ugly during this stay.

Would I go back next year when we return to Disneyland. Yes! The price was less than 1/4 of what the Disneyland Hotel was charging for a similar suite.

TIP:
Going to Disneyland the week before Thanksgiving was AMAZING. No Lines. NO hassles. Went on EVERY ride in the park. It helped that there was a slight drizzle that probably frightened a few people away. I would make this trip again in a heartbeat.

3  Thank BKKandKSK

Dear BKKandKSK,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed spinning the wheel of rewards at check in! It is our way of saying thank you to our loyal Marriott Rewards members. It’s great that you were able to utilize many of our hotel amenities as well. It sounds like you and your family had a great time at Disneyland, and I hope to see you again the next time you come down to visit Anaheim!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Guard your credit card details. I was double charged for my stay and got the run around trying to get my funds back. You've been warned.

The hotel itself if okay. The rooms are good and a reasonable size, but could do with a refurbishment. Popcorn in the rooms is a nice touch, though the breakfast buffet was not very good.

2  Thank Captain_Halliday
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Simonsays S,

I would like to apologize for the confusion with your credit card details. The double charge you are referring to is not a charge but an authorization that is held at check-in for incidentals. If there are no charges added to the room or no damages done to the room, the authorization gets released immediately after check-out on the hotel’s end. The time it takes for the funds to be shown back onto your account is dependent on your particular bank. The only charges you will have from the hotel will be what are listed on your receipt.

As our account manager has confirmed with you, we have contacted your bank and had your additional authorization released immediately. I hope everything has been properly taken care of on your end at this point. If there is anything else you need from us please feel free to contact me directly at rsmith@rimhospitality.com.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We traveled with a group of extended family, and the bi-level suite was perfect for us. We loved having two bathrooms, and the loft was nice. Having a full kitchen was especially helpful when traveling with kids. Everyone liked the free breakfast buffet. We were satisfied with the proximity to Disneyland. Staff were helpful, accommodating, and friendly. We will not hesitate to stay here again anytime we visit Disneyland.

2  Thank Reilly_Peanut

Dear Reilly_Peanut,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel! I’m glad that the bi-level penthouse suite was the perfect fit for your family. You can never go wrong with an additional bathroom! It sounds like your family had a great time at Disneyland, and I am glad to hear that staying at our hotel was a part of your fantastic vacation. We welcome you back to your new home away from home anytime you visit the Anaheim Resort Area!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have now stayed at this property several times in the couple years. It is a generation 1 property meaning it is an apartment style complex. Sprawled out with many two story buildings. Parking is Ok, but can be tight at times. Most of the time you can park close to your building. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The food service in the Gate House is good. It can get busy as this is a resort hotel so lots of families. There are two nights of food service, one being BBQ night. The rooms are very clean and housekeeping does a nice job. I prefer upstairs since this is a two story complex. You can easily walk to Disneyland within 15 mins tops. Seems longer if you take the shuttle. I think the interior buildings may be quieter. The surrounding streets can be busy at times. Overall a fun safe place!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear TravellingMan8,

Thank you for your detailed review, and your loyalty to our hotel. It is heartwarming to receive such positive feedback from our repeat guests.

As you mentioned, we are about a 10-15 minute walk (about a ½ mile) to the main entrance of Disneyland and California Adventure. Because of our proximity to Disneyland, our hotel caters to and is great for families. Our complimentary breakfast buffet is a great way to start your day and get your entire family full before heading to the park.

Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to seeing you once again on your next visit to Anaheim!