1,479 results
All reviews full kitchen the penthouse loft room grocery shopping service grocery list waffles disney desk basketball court free breakfast open hours sofa bed minute walk free parking cheesecake factory living area garden walk separate bedroom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in the largest room they offer, a 2 bedroom suite, which coincidentally is only available downstairs. I am a light sleeper and would strongly suggest a second floor room over the bottom floor if noises bother you. It is obviously a family friendly hotel being near Disneyland and we could hear kids returning from the park around 9am running, screaming, etc. Our neighbors above must have been children because they were stomping like there was no tomorrow. The pool was semi-nearby our room and we could definitely hear loud children. Not the fault of the hotel, but just something to consider if you like peace and quiet!

As for the rooms, they REALLY need to be renovated. Being a hotel which caters to children means that the floors, walls, furniture, etc take a beating. The maid staff does a good surface job of cleaning but it seems like nobody has done any real deep cleaning recently. The maids were all very friendly and I tipped them every day except once. Tipping seemed to get me fancifully folded towels, paper towes, toilet paper, and kleenex. I'd prefer they spend the time detailing the room. I will add pictures to my review later to display what I'm talking about. A previous reviewer mentioned the various times the maids seemed to clean the rooms. I found this to be true as well. The first day were able to check in early so I assumed cleanings happened very early. The next day we returned to our room around 1 (the time we had checked in the day before) for our daughter to nap and the maid was about halfway through.

Also, both doors to the rooms were accordian style. Really?!? With small children frequenting this hotel, I don't see how this made any sense. I desperately wish they had been normal doors. These sort of doors are annoying to deal with and my daughter had some close calls because she wanted to mess with them (she's almost 2).

The kitchen was small. Not sure which room the kitchen their showing on their website belongs to, but it didn't belong to the 2 room suite. There was very little counter space. Luckily, there were only several of us, but if the maximum amount of people stayed in this room (8) it would be a very small area to work with.

One of our bathrooms had carpeting in the shower/vanity area. I personally think this is not a great choice since the carpet gets and stays wet. That bathroom had a funny odor to me. The other bathroom with vinyl flooring did not have that same musty smell.

The breakfast buffet was very good. We enjoyed four mornings of it and the offerings were essentially the same with little variations. I enjoyed the eggs, potatoes, and biscuits and gravy. I would echo what a previous reviewer mentioned which was adding the individual sized yogurt cups & milks considering there are little ones.

Ammenities were nice. The hair products were Paul Mitchell & the body lotion was from The Body Shop. I prefer to hand wash dishes and no dish soap was provided, only dishwasher soap.

The evening social was Nachos on Monday night and a BBQ on Wednesday. We only got to experience the nachos. It included chips, chili, nacho cheese, celery, carrots, and ranch. There was some very weak 'lemonade' too. We discovered there were cookies in the lobby in the evenings, but nowhere did it inform us of this perk.

We did not use the pool or fitness equipment. We did use the park every day and this was definitely a highlight of the hotel. There were no swings and the playground is small (probably best for toddlers or very young children). For our two year old it worked out well. It winds up being shady in the afternoon, another plus.

The staff we encountered were nice enough but not anything to write home about. There is a Best Western in our hometown which has exceptionally friendly staff which is my gold standard.

For the price you pay, I say this hotel is average. I think it is largely due to the fact that many young children stay at this hotel and the hotel takes a beating. As such, I think the staff needs to be extra diligent to keep things clean and fresh. I see a previous reviewer had some similar observations about the cleanliness and condition of his room. Apparently this might be a site-wide issue. I hope they make some changes now that at least two reviewers have shown concern.

Room Tip: Second floor, preferably away from traffic, playground, and BBQ area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank sarahb123
Vanessa S, Manager at Clementine Hotel & Suites Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear SarahB123,

On behalf of the hotel, I’d like to extend my gratitude to you for articulating your recent experience so thoroughly & candidly. I will be honest: at first it was very difficult, from a hotelier’s perspective, to view the photographs you presented & to read your story because you cut to the heart of what we love to do. We were all a bit embarrassed & shocked; we really thought our procedural eyes were sharp and alert! We are truly sorry that we fell short of your expectations and I assure you that we are taking steps to correct what is in our immediate power to correct. We have printed out your review and have been using it as a detailed guide since the review was published. These are the changes that we have made (and are undergoing), based on your feedback. Again, thank you for helping us improve what we offer our guests.

Over the weekend, we have had two all-staff housekeeping meetings to view your photographs & revisit our procedures. In addition to our standard cleaning measures, we are working out a special-projects schedule to rotate deep-cleaning projects more often into our daily routine. The cleaning materials & products we use are being tested (and new items brought in) to see which are more effective.

Because of the nature of our Disney leisure/vacation market, it is difficult to predict exactly when each family will be out of their room to provide housekeeping service, so we can be inconsistent. We have tried to set up a routine, but as you know when you’re on vacation – sometimes guests sleep in, sometimes they don’t, etc. If any of our guests would like to set up specific service times, please contact our front desk. Our regular, full-housekeeping service hours are from 9:00am – 4:00pm daily, unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Thank you for providing your specific room number in response to my email. Today, we replaced the showerhead, kitchen wood trim, & the re-caulked the bathroom door frame. Discussions are currently under way to replace the carpet in the bathroom area of your suite with linoleum or tile. Our team went in & you’re right – it does make more sense.

The sheer volume of guests that stay at our popular hotel can be overwhelming on our furniture & hotel items. The good news is twofold: 1) We regularly touch up & maintain what we have to keep it up as best as we can, and 2) We are up for a renovation!! The specific details (dates and what will be affected) are being worked out by our upper management team, but it looks as though we should have one by early 2014.

On a lighter note - it turns out that the ladder you photographed outside your window was used to retrieve a child’s toy from the rooftop of your building. While our Engineering Hero Of The Day was busy rescuing the item, he received a second call to assist another guest and accidentally abandoned the ladder in his rush to help. Please accept our apologies for the oversight - we do not typically leave ladders against our guest’s windows; it is certainly not a standard procedure! However, we do feel a bit better knowing the oversight was in exchange for stopping a wailing child's alligator tears (and the frantic parent’s need to buy headache medicine!). ;)

Thank you again for your feedback and for giving us an opportunity to learn & grow. Your review is greatly appreciated.

Vanessa Sah
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
vsah@rimhospitality.com
714.782.0046 (Direct Line)
714.533.3555 x 210 (Hotel)

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Since the beginning the staff and maids were very helpful, the rooms clean, breakfast buffet was good but not much variety. We loved the heated pool, kiddie pool, anchor tub. The maids did a great job cleaning every day, but must've expected a tip, (doesn't everyone nowadays for doing the very job they're hired to do?) once we got home, we realized we lost a cell phone, the last place it was seen was the hotel, (no cell phone was turned in) of course. The maids claimed we "smoked" in the room because of a couple butts in the trash can (they have obviously never been a smokers home). We called and talke to 3 different managers... All of them said the same thing. "You can't bring a "once-lit" cigarrette into a room". When I told them that maybe they should specify that, that you can't throw away butts in their trash can. They said they weren't "required" to specify that. So, even though we never smoked in the room, we had 3 children with us, they charged us an extra $250 for "evidence". And to top it ALL off, and the reason that prompted me to write this review in the first place, I am an absolute arachnophobic , I just found a male black widow between some folded pants in my suitcase!!! Are you kidding me?!!!! My husband killed a female black widow beneath a window sill and told the front desk staff that they'd need to have the property sprayed!!... My husband didn't tell me cause he didn't want to freak me out!!.. But this?.. This is beyond crazy!!... A poisonous spider in my suitcase!!!!... We took pictures and everything!!!... There is also still a $150 hold on my account for who knows what?... Lets see what kind of fee they come up with next...

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Audi_Bay
Vanessa S, Manager at Clementine Hotel & Suites Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Audi_Bay,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our housekeeping service and breakfast, but I am also sorry to hear that we were unable to exceed your overall expectations. I would like to take this opportunity to address some of your comments. I hope my points will help bring clarity to any unanswered questions you may have.

Lost and Found Procedures: In regards to your missing phone, I assure you we have a very strict Lost and Found procedure in place. Any items left in a room are to be turned into our Front Desk, where they are logged in our Lost and Found book and then stored in our secured storage. In some situations, items that are not logged as “found” on the date of inquiry may be logged under later dates. It may be helpful to give us a follow up call to see if your phone has been discovered since your original call.

Pest Control Schedule: Due to the fact that every one of our suites opens up to the exterior of the property, it leaves us more susceptible to pests than enclosed hotels. This being the case, pest control is a very important part of our regimen. We have a professional pest control company service our entire property every two weeks in order to keep our rooms pest free. We have assigned the suite you stayed in to a deep cleaning service in order to address any further pest issues.

Smoke-Free Hotel Policy: In 2006, Marriott instituted the Marriott Smoke-free Hotel Policy. This policy designates specific smoking areas on the property that are far enough from rooms that it will prevent smoke from tracking into the suites. These areas have ash trays and trash cans that are to be used for disposing of all smoking materials. Unfortunately, in your scenario, the remnants of the cigarettes were taken back into the room, which caused a strong smoke smell to saturate the suite. Seeing as though the room could not be rented due to the irreparable damages from the smoke, we applied the smoking fee.

I hope this helped address any confusion there may be about our policies and procedures. Please feel free to contact me or any of our management team members with further questions or comments.

Vanessa Sah
Sales Manager

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We checked in the evening of April 9th. So happy when we pulled into the hotel and it was immaculate, cute low rise buildings. Everything was clean and well kept. Our second floor 1 bedroom sutie was cute, squeeky clean, and had a good sized kitchen and family room. Perfect suite for a family of four. The daily complimentary hot breakfast was really good and saves a family 60 or $ 80 a day! Tons of choices, eggs, waffles, pancakes, fruit, baking, cereal, you name it, it was there. Really friendly staff throught the property. The grounds were immaculate and the pool area was really nice. So nice that we took a day off from Disney and hung out at the pool. Little grocery/snack shop was convenient for snacks and drinks. It would be great if the breakfast area could be a light restaurant/cafe open all day for those who wish to have a pool or r n r day!
The new Garden Walk mall just west of the hotel had great choices for restaurants too: PF Changs, Cheesecake, Bubba Gumps, California Pizza Kitchen, and a steakhouse, so you don't need to walk miles, drive, or cab it for a good meal or night out. Perfect location for your Anaheim/ Disney holiday. A nice easy 10-15 minute walk to Disneyland!
I highly recommend the Residence Inn Anaheim and can't wait to stay there again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room, not facing onto Disney Way ( busy street ).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave E
Rachel S, Manager at Clementine Hotel & Suites Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Dave E,

Thank you so much for your incredible review of our hotel! It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

As you mentioned, our location, is great for families visiting the Anaheim Resort area. We are located in the center of many Anaheim attractions such as Disneyland and California Adventure, the Anaheim Angel’s stadium, the Honda Center, The Anaheim Sports Center, The Anaheim Convention Center, and the Anaheim GardenWalk.

Thank you again for your wonderful review, and for highlighting some of our great amenities. Your positive feedback means a great deal to each and every one of our staff members, as it takes us working together as a team to provide such a memorable experience for our guests. We appreciate your recommendations and we can’t wait to see you again on your next visit!

rsmith@rimhospitality.com

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited Disneyland for two days and chose to stay at a neighboring hotel as opposed to a disney resort in order to save money. Fortunately our friends recommended this hotel, which was great.

With two kids under the age of 4, choosing a clean 1-bedroom suite was key and well worth the extra cost over the studio suite. There is a nice kitchen area.

The breakfast was quite decent. Try to get there early since a ton of families pack in around 8:30-9am to chow just before they dash to Disney. There is disney related wall art and a tv playing cartoons in the dining area, making it feel just a little bit more Disney-like.

At the front they do have a Disney concierge and the front desk staff are quite friendly. Outside there is a pool and a sports court as well.

Disney's main parking structure is about 0.5 miles away - with two little kids we drove to Disney, but with older kids or teens you could conceivably stroll there. I believe the hotel Disney concierge can help you catch a shuttle as well.

All in all, a nice hotel with friendly staff, clean rooms, decent breakfast, and close proximity to Disney for an affordable price. What more can you ask for? We will stay again whenever we return next.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ac2000ny
Rachel S, Manager at Clementine Hotel & Suites Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear ac2000ny,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the one-bedroom suite.

You do a great job of highlighting some of our hotel’s great amenities, and bring up an excellent point in terms of breakfast. Being that we are one of the more popular hotels in the area, the breakfast area can get full quickly as many families like to eat breakfast right before they head to the park. We offer breakfast from 6:30-9:30 am on the weekdays and 7-10 am on the weekends. Guests are also welcome to bring their breakfast back up to their rooms so they can continue to get ready for their day, and avoid some of the breakfast traffic.

Thank you for bringing up the distance from our hotel to the park. It is one feature that guests love most about our property seeing that it is an easy 10-15 minute walk. Just to clarify, the distance from our hotel to the main gate of Disneyland and California Adventure is ½ a mile away, while the main parking structure is about 1 mile away from our hotel. For guests who decide to take the ART shuttle, which is run by the city, an all day pass can be purchased for $5 per adult and $2 per child.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such an excellent review of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to seeing you next time!

rsmith@rimhospitality.com

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I heard about this hotel from a friend at work, who is very particular about hotels. I balked at the price at first (about $300 more than the other hotels in the area), but after staying here once, I am spoiled and don't want to stay anywhere else. I love the park-like atmosphere. When you step out of your door, you are outside, with grass and flowering trees, and not in a stuffy hallway in a high rise, waiting for an elevator. Between the free hot breakfast, the full kitchen and the free parking, we saved money in the long run. My granddaughter and I stayed in a second-story studio, but our next trip will be in the b-level penthouse, as we will have the rest of the family with us. Can't wait!

Room Tip: If you are able-bodied, get an upper-floor room so that you don't hear people above you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Georgianna37
Rachel S, Manager at Clementine Hotel & Suites Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Georgianna37,

Thank you for your incredible review. I am glad that you gave us a chance, and ended up having a fabulous stay! Just like you, most of our guests enjoy being able to step right outside their room and immediately be in the midst of our lovely so-cal weather.

Many factors go into our fluctuating room rates. What may seem like a high rate at first, will, as you mentioned, pay for itself in the long run. We have many amenities that are embedded in the price of the room. Amenities such as a hot buffet breakfast every morning, evening social hours twice a week, wireless internet, a grocery shopping service, and parking all come complimentary for each of our guests.

I am glad that you and your granddaughter had a wonderful stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back with the rest of the family on your next visit!