Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
$156
$139
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$139
Anaheim Marriott(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$147
$144
  • Breakfast included
$371
$314
$414
Hotwire.com
1,417 results
All reviewsfull kitchenthe penthouseloft roomgrocery shopping servicewafflesdisney deskbasketball courtfree breakfastopen hourssofa bedminute walkfree parkingliving areaown bathroomcheesecake factorygarden walkseparate bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Staff was great and very attentive, however there were some things that could have been better. The second day there our room started smelling like mold. Gross. I don't know if this smell is because of the room downstairs because that same day they began doing maintenance in the room... hammering and drilling of all sorts. In addition, the toilet constantly ran... I would have to get up and flick the handle and open the lid to get it to stop. Did not like having to lug our luggage up the stairs... Maid service did not come the second day until 4:30pm... I had to call and request it. Then the next day they were banging on the door at 8am trying! WTH? There is a booth in there for purchasing ART bus tix and disney tickets... they did not tell me where to go stand after I purchased, so I was standing in front of the lobby for over a half hour when Ifinally went back in and asked where to go... it was way at the other end. Might have been nice to know that before wasting a half hour. They have some basic foods in their market, but they are way over priced. I paid $9.50 for a small bottle of sunblock, and $12 for a cheap bottle of wine. The 24 hour hot tub and pool was great to soak our tired feet after all the walking at disneyland. Free breakfast in the morning was decent and with a large variety. All in all I still don't know if I would stay there again, I like more of a "cushy" type hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage ask for a floor level room, There are no elevators so you have to haul them up the stairs yourself.
2  Thank YoMomma9499
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear YoMomma9499,

Thank you for your time in writing this review. I would like to begin by apologizing for your stay not being up to par like you expected. I would like to take this time to touch on some of the topics you spoke about:

• Condition of room: I am sorry to read that you experienced some issues inside the suite. Just so you are aware, we are currently taking the appropriate actions to fixing these maintenance issues. We have a team specifically hired for preventative maintenance in which they work on various projects to improving our rooms.
• Housekeeping service: I apologize for the service that you did not receive on the second day. My housekeeping team services rooms from 8-4:30pm. We understand that you were not happy with a later service and tried to make things right by providing an earlier service the following day.
• Disney Representative: I am lastly very sorry that you received false information on the Disneyland shuttle pick up. I will most definitely bring this issue to the attention of the Disney Representative services.

I bring these topics to attention to help provide both my apologies and steps to what we can do to make things better. Thank you again for your time and we hope that you will enjoy your time when you return to the Anaheim Resort area.

“Suite” Regards

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just left Residence Inn and could not fault staff or the hotel. Very comfortable, clean and friendly - felt like home away from home. Anything asked for was dealt with straight away. Excellent location, easy walk to Disneyland and Adventure Park as well as good restaurants.

2  Thank Mrsrimwar
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Mrsrimwar,

Your review was very much a pleasure to read. I am glad that you enjoyed a “comfortable, clean and friendly” stay at our property. You are absolutely correct in mentioning that we are within walking distance to not only the Disneyland park but restaurants, shopping and entertainment venues (Angel Stadium, The Honda Center, Anaheim Convention Center etc.). Thank you for visiting our property and we cannot wait to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed September 25-28 - were given an upgrade to a penthouse suite after the ground floor room we booked was overbooked! Lugging baggage upstairs for myself and two toddlers was a total pain with no elevators. The room had a loft, so a majority of my hotel time was spent fighting to keep my kids from climbing the stairs. Although this was not the worst hotel I have stayed in, it is showing signs of wear. Things were somewhat dirty and our socks were very soiled each evening from walking on the carpets! I would have rather stayed farther from Disney if it meant getting a room that I booked and one that was a bit cleaner. What the front desk called an upgrade should have gotten me a discount after all the additional headache!

I thought free parking was a real benefit, but there was very little parking and after long days, we had to do considerable walking to get to our room. I would recommend staying elsewhere, especially if you plan on driving to Disney for any part of your trip.

Room Tip: Stay on ground level as there are no elevators.
1  Thank SarahRenea

Dear SarahRenea,

Thank you for your time in writing a review on our hotel. These reviews allow TripAdvisor users to get thorough input from guests who have stayed with us. With that, I apologize that your stay did not match up to your expectations. Generally, guests enjoy a complementary upgrade to a larger suite, especially being that it offers more space and sleeping accommodations. I am more than positive that my team would have assisted in any help with luggage when requested.

As far as the conditions of the rooms, you are correct that our hotel has had its share of wear and tear. Because of our proximity to Disneyland we cater to many families who stay specifically for the park. Rest assured, that any and all opportunities we get to renovate we take immediate action. That said, we are awaiting our upcoming wave of standard renovations. We appreciate your concern and hope that we will be able to accommodate you on your next trip back to the Anaheim Resort Area.

“Suite” Regards

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights over Easter Break and many times before. The rooms are clean and spacious. The hot breakfast is wonderful. The walk to the DLand Park is a easy 10 min walk. It's our 2nd favorite hotel in Anaheim (first being DLand Hotel).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MarthaJane76
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear MarthaJane76,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We appreciate your comments on the amenities that we offer. The complementary full hot breakfast buffet that we offer daily is held from 6:30-9:30am during the week and from 7:00-10:00am during the weekends. This is a perfect included amenity to fill a large family up before a long day at the park!

We hope to see you back again before the Easter break, hopefully during Halloween when we hold our annual “Mummies of the Maingate” breakfast costume party!!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

my family had a great time in disneyland, and the residence inn went out of the way to make us happy. I had a minor complaint, called the front desk and 20min later solved. we will stay here again. thanks to kim and the great staff. good breakfast and great coffee too : )
- b weaver

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ben W

Dear Ben W,

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed a great time while staying at our property. I am not surprised when you mentioned that all of my team members were of great service to you as they work very hard to make sure your stay is superb. I am more than positive that we can expect a trip back from you very shortly. If you need any assistance with booking please feel free to contact us directly at (714) 533-3555. Thank you again for your time.