“A great location with fantastic value for money!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #32 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
London, United Kingdom
“A great location with fantastic value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

This is a gem of a hotel ..... My husband and I with our 3 young children have just returned this morning from a 5 day break at this hotel. I had requested a 1st floor room close to the pool and was happy to find on checking in this is what we had been allocated.
Our children, 7yrs, 5yrs and 2.5yrs, loved the pools with hot spa. The fact that the pools are open 24hrs meant that hubby & I could relax late at night in the spa after a long day walking around Disney. I guess noise could be a problem late at night around the pool because of this, but we experienced no problems.
The location makes it an easy 10minute stroll to Disneyland without the wait/cost for a shuttle. It's also a 5 min stroll from the 'Garden Walk' shops & restaurants.
We stayed in a one bedroom queen room which was perfectly adequate in terms of space for the 5 of us. A cot had been made up upon arrival for our 2 year old. Everyday the room was cleaned to a very high standard. The fact that the rooms contain a kitchenette is a real bonus.
Staff were friendly, polite, and willing to help.
I believe that not many hotels in the area provide breakfast or at least not much of a variety. We found the breakfasts set us up for the day - there was a rotation of hot breakfasts including scrambled eggs, bacon, french bread, sausage, tomato etc.... Fruit, waffles, yoghurt, cereals and a wide range of drinks featured daily. My only complaint would be that the dining area was simply not big enough to cater for it's guests - even with people spilling out to pool and out-side areas to sit.
During our stay we were happy to experience complimentary 'snack' evenings where the hotel provides food (barb-b-q / nacho's with chili) for it's guests. This for us made our evening meal!
In sum, we would definitely stay here again having experienced a couple of other local hotels. Great value for money with service and quality to match.

3 Thank Juliette006
rrodriguez_maingate, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear Juliette006,

Thank you so much for the great review. I’m very happy to read that we were able to accommodate your request for a first floor suite near the pool. Our front desk team works very hard to accommodate our guest’s special requests, but it is not always possible. One helpful hint for future guests with requests: Call the hotel directly with special requests so we can note it in our daily log book. Many guests add requests to their reservations, but often times the front desk agents do not see the request till the day of your arrival. By calling us directly, you make someone aware of your request immediately.

I’m also glad to read that you enjoyed our amenities and services. Our complimentary breakfast is perfect for families who have a big day planned at Disney, and our 24 hour heated pool and spa area is the perfect way to finish the day before bed.

Finally, it makes me very happy to read that you plan on staying with us on your next trip to Anaheim. Rest assure, we will continue to provide a great value for your money with great service and quality to match.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Our family has been visiting disneyland faithfully for the last 13 yrs. Multiple trips per year. As the earlier trips started we tried every local hotel finding all either fell short on one thing or another. Then finally we came to the conclusion that all Marriott affiliated hotels meet our familys needs mainly on the two most imperative requirements: Safety and customer service. This hotel included. We visited the maingate in the past and most recently weekend of 8/4-8/7. Yes it has as others do some areas that may needs some work, our unit had a smell from the drain when used. And unfortunately due to another situation didnt have the opportunity to make this known to management. Which I am sure if known would have rectified the situation. The convenient walking distance to the park and GardenWalk just adds to the "pros" list. The full kitchen for a family is a must. Especially for those late snacks. Breakfast a bonus that is offered still here in which many local hotels are slowly eliminating. You dont feel crammed in even the smallest unit.I could go on and on and list what I felt was suitable or not. Each family,traveler has to find the niche that accomodates them but there is one common thread that everyone should have in common as I earlier stated Safety and customer service. This trip there was an incident in our hotel , some unruly guests which awoke me and my family during the earlier am hours. After securtiy took care of situation my husband had opportunity to speak with the manager on duty, valuing us as a customer the manager compted us that night stay. Ensuring that our feeling of safety as well as our enjoyment is there first foremost concern. That little measure again reaffirmed that we will continue on our travels with Marriott as our choice hotel. And this one just jumped to the top of our anaheim Marriott hotels!!!!

2 Thank tinaandjays
Dear tinaandjays,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Unlike the majority of the reviews I respond to, you emphasized the service you received more than the hotel itself. This being the case, it brings me great joy to know that you found our service to be exactly what you would have hoped for.

Safety and guest service are extremely important to us. We not only want to make sure our guests are safe, but we also want to make sure they feel valued for their patronage. We do this not only with the amenities and features we have, but also with the service through which we deliver those services. As I have already said, thank you so much for the wonderful words of encouragement.

My team and I are flattered to know that you consider us to be the top Marriott in Anaheim. We will greatly look forward to having you stay with us during one of your future Disney trips.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

My hubby, mother in law, 3 kids and myself had a wonderful time here for 8 nights in Oct 2010. I must admit that my sister had already stayed here so all the research into a wonderful kid friendly hotel had been done.
We loved the location. It was an easy walking distance to Disneyland with our kids aged 5, 6 and 8. The shuttle was also used.
Our room configuration was mezzanine floor with king bed, bathroom, downstairs bedroom with single over double bunk and bathroom, living area with sofa bed, fully fitted out kitchen with dining table. Room for us all. We found it very clean, comfy beds, friendly staff, lovely gardens, nice large coin operated laundry. Like most places the dining area is a problem at 8am. We solved this by collecting the food we wanted and taking it back to our appartment. We would stay here again. A lot of reviews state parking as an issue. There is no charge to park if you are a guest and there is lots of parking. You just might not be able to park directly outside your unit is all. As a tip...take a limo ride to LAX. The fee was comparable to shuttle transfer but we didn't have to trek from hotel to hotel and only had our family for the ride.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mandmwa
Dear mandmwa,

Thank you for the great review. I love hearing stories about people spreading the news about our property to their friends and family. Word of mouth is always the best publicity we can get… Trip Advisor is a close second!

The suite you stayed in is our Penthouse. As you mentioned, the room is easily large enough for a big family, even when they are on an extended stay vacation. On top of family friendly suites, our hotel is located close to Disneyland, as well as other wonderful sites such as: The Anaheim Garden Walk, The Anaheim Convention Center, Angel Stadium, the Honda Center, and more.

As for the breakfast, we do our best to keep up with the crowds but summer can be challenging. For this reason, we invite guests to do exactly what you did. Taking food back to the room is a great way to enjoy our complimentary full breakfast buffet in the privacy of your own suite. We also invite guests to utilize our outdoor dining areas by the pool, gatehouse and BBQ area.

Thank you again for the great review. I hope we will have the pleasure of having your family stay with us the next time you are in the Anaheim Resort Area.

San Jose
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Just returned from 4 nights here. This was a family trip to Disneyland, with ages 18-55+. We had a penthouse loft suite (1K in loft, 2Q in bedroom), living room, kitchen.

Close to the park with access to transit shuttle on premises - check.
Reasonably spacious - check.
Comfy beds - check.
Pleasant, helpful staff - check.
Pool, laundry room, free hot breakfast - check check check.

BUT, as some have eluded to - the property needs work. We had to move rooms, as the AC in our first room was not working. It was 78 and climbing when we checked in. Staff promptly came to check it out and try to fix. They were willing to moving us to another room the next day and adjust the rate for the inconvenience. But we lucked out and a cancellation came in that night so we moved.

We were provided assistance with the room change, and yeah the AC worked. But an hour later, the smoke detector went off - just a battery change, no big deal. And now that the AC euphoria wore off we realized the room reeked of smoke - so someone had broken the rules. The next day, the aerated the room with an ozone machine and it was much better - but the loft never really improved. The bathroom smelled so bad that I climbed up to check out the air vents & it was very dirty. I also discovered that the the shower curtain rod was filthy! I am now hoping the smell was just smoke. I took claritin the entire stay to make sure I didn't suffer any ill effects.

But we are not done yet.... The downstairs toilet was having trouble flushing, refilling tank. They finally fixed that after 2 days (my husband showed them what they needed to repair), and finally the bathroom door was coming off the hinges.

As I said, the staff was very accomodating and prompt in addressing issues. But these issues shouldn't have existed at all. It may have just been our bad luck to hit this all.

So, if you are looking for space and convenience and comfy beds - this works well. If you are going to the park, you won't be in the room too much anyway. But if worn down units that needs some repair bug you, consider yourself forewarned.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank sokanne
Dear sokanne,

Thank you for your honest feedback about your stay. We absolutely want to do everything we can to be the best hotel we can, and listening to what our guests think is the best way to do that. I would like to start by apologizing for all the issues you experienced while with us.

Although our property is a first generation Residence Inn hotel, we do everything we can to keep it in prime condition. As you can see from the majority of our reviews, what you experienced is not the norm. Never the less, I want you to do my part to help make this right for you.

If you have not already spoken to someone on our management team, I invite you to contact me directly so I can get more information about the rooms you were in, as well as discuss how we can make this right for you. My number is 714-782-0046. You can also e-mail me at rrdoriguez@rimhospitality.com.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to addressing the issues you mentioned and having you stay with us in the future.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We are no strangers to the Residence Inn (RI) by Marriott, but I have to say the RI Anaheim Maingate possibly is the most beautiful one in the U.S. There are beautiful flowers and plant everywhere within the property. The property was very clean and you can definitely can feel the staff are very proud of their property.

We stayed at a studio room for one night and the room was as usual spacious. The bed was comfortable but the pillows definitely have room for improvement. The pillows practically have no support and our shoulder hurt in the next morning (it seems to be a common issue with all Residence Inns we had stayed at).

One problem we had was the parking. Our assigned unit was near the reception and it was almost impossible to find an empty parking stall at any time. I end up parking at far far away (practically the extreme opposite end of the hotel property). It's a minor inconvenient but not a big issue. If you have a lot of luggage, it's better to request a room further away from the reception.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Carbern
Dear Carbern,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. You are very correct about the pride our team takes in our property. The beauty of having a condo style property is the freedom to utilize all the outdoor space. We have covered our property with wonderfully bright and beautiful flowers. And thanks to Anaheim’s great weather, the property looks great all year long.

I would like to address some of the issues you mentioned. The comfort of our guests is extremely important to us. For this reason we want to do everything we can to provide them with the amenities they need to get cozy. Currently, we place six pillows in every Studio Suite, but we are always happy to send up more pillows upon request. We are also happy to change your pillows out from feather to foam if you would like added support.

As for the parking situation: we have more parking spots than we have rooms, but we have noticed that many guests prefer to park towards the front of our property. This is can be an issue when we are fully committed. To address the issue, we are having our front desk ask newly arriving guests to please park their vehicles near their suite so that other guests can have more luck finding a spot closer to their rooms. We also are now issuing parking permits to ensure that only our guests are utilizing our parking area.

Thank you again for the kind comments about our hotel and team. I hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are in the Anaheim Resort Area.

Holladay, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here on our family trip to Disney, Universal & Beaches. We had the studio & it was perfect for two, having the kitchen was nice. Our parents & brother had the rooms with lofts which was nice for my older parents travelling with their grandaughter & friend, they could have their bed & bathroom upstairs while granddaughter & friend could have their own room & bath downstairs. The full breakfast buffet was nice just to have something in your stomach before heading out for the day. The shuttle picks up right at the hotel, very convenient. Within walking distance to the restaurants at The Garden Walk (I think that's what it is called). All in all our family loved it and had a great stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank GuyLeseberg
Dear GuyLeseberg,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I’m so glad that your entire family loved our property. It sounds like you took advantage of our great location. We are not only a half mile to Disneyland, but we are only 30 minutes from the Beach and 45 minutes from Universal Studios. We are also directly across the street from the Anaheim Garden Walk, less than a mile from the Anaheim Convention Center, and only a few miles from Angel Stadium and the Honda Center.

I also see that you enjoyed your suites. All of our rooms include the full kitchen and all of our guests get to enjoy the complimentary buffet breakfast. We offer four types of Suites that can sleep anywhere from 1 to 8 people comfortably.

Thank you again for the wonderful review. I look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Anaheim Resort Area.

hobart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed for a week with a family of six. Visiting Disneyland, family, shopping and day tours. This accommodation was top notch, clean, comfortable and spacious. A full breakfast every day and a light meal of an evening. The staff were so helpful, nothing was a problem.
The room was three large rooms with two bathrooms and a full kitchen, dining and lounge. We did not really need to use the kitchen, mostly ate in the downstairs dining.
A quick bus to Disneyland, no bother taking the car. Come back and forth to the motel during the day with your unlimited bus pass, it really was easy.
The pool surrounds were a welcome retreat after hours in the theme parks. This place is a gem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the nightly disneyland fireworks