“Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
gilroy
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

I recently stayed at the Anaheim Red Lion Hotel and let me say it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Upon arrival we checked in to our very small room and found that the AC was not working properly in the room or on the 8th floor where our room was. Every day we turned on the air and when we came back to our room it was set at 80 degrees, when it is over 90 out, we expect to come back to a nicely cooled room and that never happened. The repair man told us it was the maids that turned it off, but since it turned off at night as well I don't believe that was the case.

Our shower head had barely any water pressure and it was broken. When trying to shower you had to lean up against the wall to be able to get to the water. When I told the front desk at 8am they said they would have someone up to fix it right away, when we arrived later that afternoon it was not fixed. Front desk said they would send someone up in an hour, and that person showed up at 3pm (2 hours later), we asked if they could give us 30 minutes since our kids were still sleeping and the guy said he was leaving in an hour for the day so he couldn't come back till tomorrow. SO we expected that the next day the shower would be fixed, it was not. 3 days without a properly working shower for 4 people is not acceptable!

Also there were huge stains on the sheets, they looked like they had not even been changed upon arrival the 1st day, very gross! Carpets were filthy, dust lined everything even in the bathroom.

I really wish someone would have called to tell us the pool would be closed during our entire visit, as well as the restaurant! To have to be told on our only summer vacation that my kids (4 and 1.5) will have to walk across the street to a different pool is very inconvenient, dragging wet kids all over the place is not my idea of a relaxing vacation.

Staying at the Red Lion ruined our vacation, we would have been better off staying at a motel, the amenities were about the same. I am very annoyed at the service we were provided and the uncleanliness of the hotel during our sta

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ToddRogers, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Beachlover,

I wanted to take this opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your visit with us. The experiences that you shared are totally unacceptable at our hotel and will not be tolerated at any level throughout our property. I can personally assure you that we are taking your experiences and making them into opportunities to learn from and to further excel our customer service levels for all of our guests.

Again, please accept my heartfelt apologies and please feel free to contact me directly to rectify this situation.

Warmest Regards,

Todd Rogers
Revenue Manager
Red Lion Anaheim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

We booked this hotel last minute after reading horror stories about another hotel, happy to say we made the right choice. We arrived before check in time and the Red Lion staff were more than happy to let us have the room early. Hotel room was very clean and comfortable,staff was friendly,breakfast buffet was excellent..wow! We recommend this hotel highly...

1 Thank romachick
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

This was a lovely modern clean hotel which met all our expectations. You can't go wrong with this one. Walk to Disneyland, reasonable overnight car parking and good discount shopping and eating all around it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank minniemouse1960
Phoenix,AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

Recently stayed at the Red Lion Hotel for our Disneyland trip. We stayed a total of 3 nights. My girlfriend and I were impressed with the hotel and rooms. Very comfortable and nice amenities. The front desk staff was welcoming and answered any questions we had. The breakfast buffet was nice and affordable($9.95 p/p) which included the usual; eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes, cereal, fruit, toast, bagels, danishes, as well as juice, coffee, hot cocoa etc.

We would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone. It is about a 10-15 min walk(depending on how fast you walk) to Disneyland's main entrance. I would highly suggest buying the bus pass for the day($4 roundtrip). The front desk staff suggested we walk the first night and after a long night at the park, we did not want to walk back. Well worth the $4 dollars p/p. The only thing the room lacked was a refridgerator which would have been nice to have. Overall, very nice hotel and affordable. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aztolv
Ojai, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

This hotal had nice clean large rooms. Went for the breakfast package, since they advertised a roaring breakfast buffet. If I stay there again, I would not pay the extra price for the breakfast which the web site claimed was a $14.99 value, it was $9.99 actually. They were in no way prepared for a large crowd, had to wait in line over 20 minutes every morning to be seated even though they had plenty of empty tables. they could not keep up on replenishing the food. Next time I would go the IHOp next door and probably save money. Was within walking distance to the parks which was a plus

Burbank, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

We've stayed at several non-Disney hotels near Disneyland and the Red Lion Anaheim has been our best experience. The hotel is extremely clean, nicely remodeled and the staff was friendly and efficient. The Red Lion is two and a half long blocks from Disneyland. About a ten minute walk. There is a city shuttle, but we hoofed it. And after a long day at the park, no one looked forward to the walk back. Regardless, given that the parking was free and we didn't have to hassle with the Mouse's tram, the walk was acceptable. We'll stay there again.

1 Thank lrsand
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

First let me say that my king-sized room was spacious and well organized. I appreciated that a white noise machine was in play when I walked in. Also, internet access is fast.

And then I started settling in. I decided to take a shower and realized that the person who had the room before me was definitely a brunette...judging by the hairs coiled in the corner of the shower. Then I noticed that some of the fixtures in the bathroom (towel racks, etc) were losing parts.

Also, the bathroom had only 3/8 of an inch of toilet paper on the roll and no spare. No problem. I called housekeeping and left a VM to send up some toilet paper. I eventually had to go down to the lobby to get an extra roll. They were out, so they called someone who sent up a roll.

I tried out the restaurant and and the food was so bad it was almost inedible. I sent a salad back because there was so much dressing on it I couldn't eat it. The replacement salad had so many strands of spoiled lettuce that I had to pick out the slimy green pieces. The buffalo wings were so over fried they looked like small brown nuts and were almost as hard.

But all of this was just a prelude to sleeping on the opposite side of the bed that I prefer because of the stained sheet.

Bottom Line: To gross to rebook. The cleaning and maintenance staff clearly need either more resources and/or training. But the restaurant needs to be rethought entirely. It's shameful to serve the kind of food they do in this day and age.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business