“VALUE WITH STYLE”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 6, 2009

The Red Lion hotel anaheim, it´s a hidden gem at the anaheim hotel zone, nicely decorated, sparkling clean, good location ,quiet ,very comfortable beds and pillows at very good price,

the only downside is that there is not movies rent service available,

all in all an excellent hotel for any travel purpose

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank AzzulMarino
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort

Reviewed July 28, 2009

My wife and I just returned from a long weekend in Anaheim & stayed at the Red Lion.
First off, we chose not to rent a car. From Orange County (John Wayne) Airport we took a shuttle service that cost $11.00 per person each way. On the way back to the airport we took the Super Shuttle and it was $10.00 per person one way.
We also took in an Angels game and the cab fare to the stadium was $10.00 without tip.

We decided to walk to Disneyland which is about 4 blocks. It's a very nice walk and perfect if you're not lazy. We actually left Disneyland for a break & freshened up at the hotel and returned to the park - - MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR HAND STAMPED IF YOU LEAVE THE PARK.

As for the hotel, the staff was friendly.
The only room we could get came with 2 queen beds (no kings available) at a rate of about $115.00 per night.
The room was clean, came with 'Bath & Body' products, had a fridge & microwave and flat screen tv.
We are in our 30's and saw several families at the hotel, all were very nice and many appeared to be from outside the U.S.
The bar has a happy hour with good deals on food and beverages.
The pool is small compared to typical hotels, but looked nice and other guests told me it was saltwater with a hot tub.
We did not eat in the hotel restaurant. There's also a mini-grocery store near the lobby.
About two blocks away is the "garden center" that has several restaurants and bars which is perfect walking distance to and from the hotel.
McCormick & Schmicks has a "reverse happy hour" that starts at 9pm (I think) and the deals are amazing and the food there is terrific!
The only drawback from the hotel is that the room across from us had room service and their dishes sat outside in the hallway throughout the entire weekend - which is pretty gross.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Phoenixnoodle
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Rude front desk help. Safe was broken , stains on sheets, missed wake up calls, lacked disney tickets could not break a 50, had to pay to park, door to hotel from parking lot always wet from air conditioners so bring umbrella to ca. even in july, plates from room service on 1st night stayed by door for 3 days. No valet or front door help had no luggage cart to use Jackie at front desk said go look for one on all the floors. Asked Jackie at front desk how come they did not tell us that we had to pay to park when we booked the rooms she just ignored me and handed my wife the key cards and said anything else. Very rude workers to bad for them hope you dont stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank 44,444,710
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Enjoyed our 4 nights at the Red Lion - close proximity to Disneyland for a walk and quite a few places to eat between the hotel and Disneyland main gates, IHOP Dennys Tony Romas etc. Very close proximity for us to pick up National Rent a Car & also close walk to City Walk which is another shopping precinct in the making but theres also Cheesecake Factory and other nosheries close by.
Good room and amenities, we could see the fireworks at Disneyland - small fridge is good for milk and a cold drink and internet included which is always a bonus when travelling with a teenager. Hotel staff were efficient - there is a car parking charge but we didn't need it as we picked up our car on the last day as we checked out.
One minor mention is that there isn't much in the way of local area info in the lobby but that may have been rectified by now. pool looked good. Cheers

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ontourusa
Reviewed June 29, 2009

When we booked this hotel we took a chance as it had no reviews on this website. We got lucky. It was all newly refurbished with modern rooms (flat screen TV, new soft furnishings, curious wallpaper though). The check-in staff were friendly enough, and moved us no problem when our youngest was sick in the night (ugh). Handy having a guest laundry. Very close/easy walk to Disneyland. Nice heated swimming pool was a bonus and plenty of carparking. Would definitely stay again if visiting Disneyland.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank hoftravel
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We chose the Red Lion because of its pet policy, as we were traveling with a small cat, and we were very pleasantly surprised by the hotel.
The staff were very helpful: at check-in, in the restaurant, bar and for room service, and the housekeeping went to some effort to make sure our cat was comfortable and save and offered to clean our room partially at our request, while we were there, out of their schedule for cleaning.
The breakfast brunch was basic but a very good deal, as kids ate free, and the hotel was very well located, easy walking to Disneyland and California Adventure, with reasonably priced shuttle bus stopping at the lobby. Hotel was clean, comfortable and very pleasant.
Strongly recommended for families with small children and pets.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank steinly
Reviewed June 19, 2009

My wife booked a 5 day stay at the Red Lion Hotel for our anniversary so we can go to Disneyland and Wild Rivers. Once we arrive at our hotel, there was no valet or Hotel Luggage Cart to be found. I ask the gentleman inside if there was a Hotel Luggage Cart available since we had a lot of luggage to take up to the room, and he told me they only had one and I might be able to find it if I check each floor in the building. ((Hold on people it gets better.)) We reserved a room with 1 king bed and they gave us a room with 2 queen beds. I called from the room telling them my issue and ask for a 1 king bed. The lady said to call tomorrow to see if one would come available. So in the morning I showed up at the front desk asking if they had a room for us and he said yes we got one for you. We were excited because we couldn't picture our anniversary in a room with two small beds (it was bad enough that the rooms were not even romantic). We started to move our bags, and you guessed it... without the Luggage Cart (nowhere to be found) to the other room. Once we open up the room, guess what happen? Our faces dropped as soon as we saw they sent us to another room with 2 queen beds.I was so pissed because I just moved all my stuff with no luggage cart to the same type of room. At that time I told my wife to stay here while I go find a manager. I asked to speak to the manager. To my surprise, the guy that gave us the two incorrect rooms ended up to be the manager. He didn't even say sorry for the misunderstanding or anything. All he did was blame the computer by saying that the computer said it was a 1 king bedroom. He then asked me to wait while he assisted everyone that was coming into the building plus answering the phones. Yea they were busy but I was waiting for about 30 mins and people are checking, who knows maybe they were getting a 1 king bedroom. He finally tells me that he got me a new room again. At the point I didn't want to speak to him so I took the key and move my stuff once again (with no Luggage Cart no where to be found) and went to the last floor in the building. Open up the door and guess what? nope not a 2 queen bedroom, but we ended up in a handicap room with poles everywhere and a lower bed. Everything was short and I'm 5"11 and the wife is 6 foot. Looked like we was in Mickey's Toon Town.
At this point I was so frustrated that I just didn't want to argue anymore and was hoping to enjoy our anniversary but that didn't work out because that handicap room of ours. Why would they do that? What if there was a handicap person in of need of a room. 5 days in this room was horrible and the service sucks at this place. No one is friendly and they don't even acknowledge you. Trust me you get better service at Wal-Mart plus you have to pay for parking which is in the back of the building. I would never NEVER come back or recommend anyone to stay at this place. I should reach out to corporate and tell them how bad there business is (and prior to staying I was telling everyone how nice the pictures were online of Red Lion to my friends and family....) Just wait until i get home. Oh by the way only 10 mins of there computer service is free and then they start charging which is in side a little room with 2 computers (but then again they give free wireless internet?!?!) and there gym is small also. I give this place a -1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple