“Modern, clean, convenient.”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 29, 2009

When we booked this hotel we took a chance as it had no reviews on this website. We got lucky. It was all newly refurbished with modern rooms (flat screen TV, new soft furnishings, curious wallpaper though). The check-in staff were friendly enough, and moved us no problem when our youngest was sick in the night (ugh). Handy having a guest laundry. Very close/easy walk to Disneyland. Nice heated swimming pool was a bonus and plenty of carparking. Would definitely stay again if visiting Disneyland.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank hoftravel
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort

Reviewed June 25, 2009

We chose the Red Lion because of its pet policy, as we were traveling with a small cat, and we were very pleasantly surprised by the hotel.
The staff were very helpful: at check-in, in the restaurant, bar and for room service, and the housekeeping went to some effort to make sure our cat was comfortable and save and offered to clean our room partially at our request, while we were there, out of their schedule for cleaning.
The breakfast brunch was basic but a very good deal, as kids ate free, and the hotel was very well located, easy walking to Disneyland and California Adventure, with reasonably priced shuttle bus stopping at the lobby. Hotel was clean, comfortable and very pleasant.
Strongly recommended for families with small children and pets.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank steinly
Reviewed June 19, 2009

My wife booked a 5 day stay at the Red Lion Hotel for our anniversary so we can go to Disneyland and Wild Rivers. Once we arrive at our hotel, there was no valet or Hotel Luggage Cart to be found. I ask the gentleman inside if there was a Hotel Luggage Cart available since we had a lot of luggage to take up to the room, and he told me they only had one and I might be able to find it if I check each floor in the building. ((Hold on people it gets better.)) We reserved a room with 1 king bed and they gave us a room with 2 queen beds. I called from the room telling them my issue and ask for a 1 king bed. The lady said to call tomorrow to see if one would come available. So in the morning I showed up at the front desk asking if they had a room for us and he said yes we got one for you. We were excited because we couldn't picture our anniversary in a room with two small beds (it was bad enough that the rooms were not even romantic). We started to move our bags, and you guessed it... without the Luggage Cart (nowhere to be found) to the other room. Once we open up the room, guess what happen? Our faces dropped as soon as we saw they sent us to another room with 2 queen beds.I was so pissed because I just moved all my stuff with no luggage cart to the same type of room. At that time I told my wife to stay here while I go find a manager. I asked to speak to the manager. To my surprise, the guy that gave us the two incorrect rooms ended up to be the manager. He didn't even say sorry for the misunderstanding or anything. All he did was blame the computer by saying that the computer said it was a 1 king bedroom. He then asked me to wait while he assisted everyone that was coming into the building plus answering the phones. Yea they were busy but I was waiting for about 30 mins and people are checking, who knows maybe they were getting a 1 king bedroom. He finally tells me that he got me a new room again. At the point I didn't want to speak to him so I took the key and move my stuff once again (with no Luggage Cart no where to be found) and went to the last floor in the building. Open up the door and guess what? nope not a 2 queen bedroom, but we ended up in a handicap room with poles everywhere and a lower bed. Everything was short and I'm 5"11 and the wife is 6 foot. Looked like we was in Mickey's Toon Town.
At this point I was so frustrated that I just didn't want to argue anymore and was hoping to enjoy our anniversary but that didn't work out because that handicap room of ours. Why would they do that? What if there was a handicap person in of need of a room. 5 days in this room was horrible and the service sucks at this place. No one is friendly and they don't even acknowledge you. Trust me you get better service at Wal-Mart plus you have to pay for parking which is in the back of the building. I would never NEVER come back or recommend anyone to stay at this place. I should reach out to corporate and tell them how bad there business is (and prior to staying I was telling everyone how nice the pictures were online of Red Lion to my friends and family....) Just wait until i get home. Oh by the way only 10 mins of there computer service is free and then they start charging which is in side a little room with 2 computers (but then again they give free wireless internet?!?!) and there gym is small also. I give this place a -1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marinojr
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I took a chance and stayed here for out Disneyland trip. Apparently, most of the earlier negative reviews were for the previous hotel ownership. The Red Lion Hotel was very nice. My stay cost $83 for one night during the week (not Friday). The rooms were very clean and modern.

The only issue we had was our AC unit malfunctioned in the middle of the night and set off the smoke detector. I called the front desk and they offered another room since it was smoky. I declined because my family was fast asleep. When I told them about it upon checking out, I was given a discount for my troubles.

I didn't do the continental breakfast, but it looked standard. It is cheaper than the nearby IHOP!

We took an airport shuttle (hotel did not have it's own) to get to the hotel, and used the Disneyland Shuttle to get to and from Disneyland. Definitely not walking distance with a child, heat, and after a full day at the park.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank ArizonaVayKay
Reviewed June 11, 2009

We just got back from a 5 night stay at the Red Lion Anaheim. The customer service was good overall. We had an easy and friendly check in; the staff was very courteous. I did read about some people having to pay a parking fee, but we weren't charged anything for parking. Maybe because we were there for 5 nights?

Our main complaint would have to be the cleaning staff. Three of the five days they didn't clean our room until after 4pm. It was kind of frustrating after spending so many hours at Disneyland, all we wanted to do was go relax in our room. Instead we went and sat around the pool, waiting for them to clean. We also believe they just wiped the coffee cups with a towel, rather than replacing them with clean ones (yuk!).

The room was very nice, comfortable and well decorated. We had 2 queen beds and they were very cozy! The high speed internet and 42" tv was a plus.

The hotel location is convenient and close to Disneyland. We walked the first day, but since we were doing 5 days, we opted for the bus pass for the other 4 and we were so glad we did that. We went back and forth a few times a day.
We did take advantage of the heated pool and enjoyed it. We also ate at the restaurant. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and children eat the buffet for free. During happy hour it is a great deal, 1/2 price for everything on the bar/happy hour menu and that food/service was very good.
We would definitely stay there again, as long as the prices don't change.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank aze2003
Reviewed June 8, 2009

The hotel has been beautifully remodeled with huge flatscreen TVs in every room, comfy beds and modern bathrooms. Also, the pool is heated like a giant Jacuzzi. And the 72-hour no cancellation rate is a steal. But I was put off by the $14 parking (that is NOT advertised anywhere when booking) and minor staff-related hiccups: we had trouble with the movies and the AC, and the front desk seemed oblivious on how to fix either.

Otherwise, the gym is amazing and the main gate is a 15 minute walk. So I'd definitely try it again.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank brianbaroo
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We spent a considerable amount of time looking for the nicest hotel that was within walking distance of Disney and sill reasonably priced - and we found that with the Red Lion. The hotel has been recently renovated and is definitely a step up from the motel style 'hotels' that are across from the park. We were looking for a hotel that was relatively kid friendly (we have a toddler), but not overrun with children. We were pleasantly surprised in this regard - the (saltwater) pool area was relatively quiet with comfortable loungers and a fire pit going in the evening. Also, the desk clerk checked us in a room on the top (8th) floor so our little one would get a good view of the fireworks (it has a great view).

The hotel is located near the intersection of S. Harbour and Katella - a short 10 or 15 minute walk to Disney's entrance. It is also about a 5 minute walk to the Garden Walk, which has some great restaurants and nice trendy coffee shop, where we picked up breakfast a couple of times. There is a bus stop and ticket machine right next to the hotel, however, we never used the tram. The rooms are very nice - there is a nice sized plasma TV in every room and fridge which is handy. The bathroom I would rate about an 8.5/10 - it is new with nice modern fixtures and marble counters etc, however, fan was not entirely effective. The room (2 Queens) was a little tight but manageable for two adults and a toddler. The room has an electronic safe that is big enough to accommodate an average sized laptop in addition to the rest of your safekeeping items. This was a selling point for me.

Housekeeping was good - very friendly and helpful when we had any requests. The hotel restaurant looked nice, however, we never ate there. It appeared relatively empty most of the time. Overall, the quality of the hotel was very good. The staff were relatively friendly, although we had no reason to really deal with the front desk. However, when we arrived 3 hours before check-in and requested they hold our luggage - they allowed us to check-in early, which was very nice.

Rating of #45 needs to be updated! For a $100-120 CND per night the value could not be beat (Free High-Speed Internet, GYM, Salt water pool).

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family