“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Anaheim
“Great hotel”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Red Lion was a great hotel to stay at. The location was fabulous for Disneyland and California adventure which we loved. Apart from maid service being a little sloppy, we had a great experience. Will definitely stay again on our next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. I want to take the time to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family. I will be sharing your concerns with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure that all of our employees follow procedure and meet the standard. My team and I look forward to your return. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Strathmore, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights ( mom and daughter getaway) absolutely loved it . The hotel staff were very courteous and friendly . The breakfast buffet was great very tasty the servers were beyond attentive. The room was very clean and the beds were ever so comfortable had great sleeps each night. The hotel is walking distance to Disneyland , so didn't have to pay for any shuttles . It was also great that we had free wi- fi which worked great in our room that was a major plus. This was our first time staying here and it definitely won't be the last . Hopefully we will be back again next year !!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is such a joy to see that we met your standards and experience a great stay. Our priority in our hotel is to make you feel at home even when you are not at home. I am glad you had the chance to try our breakfast, I will be sharing your feedback with the Director of Food and Beverage and ensure he shares with his team your compliments. My team and I are very excited for your return. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with your future stay. Best regards!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2014

There are plenty of better options. The location is the only benefit and it's not good enough to overlook all of the problems. I called and spoke to the manager regarding oversized parking. We discussed my situation at length and he made notes on the reservation assuring me we'd be taken care of. At arrival, even though there were notes, parking was a huge ordeal and we ended up missing the s'mores by the pool. Not too big of a deal but the kids were bummed. One of the rooms in our party wasn't cleaned so we were both moved in order to stay together. The bar unnecessarily called our room and woke the children from their midday nap. That was a fun day! But really...the biggest problem was how they billed the two families in our party. Totally inconsistent. One room had normal billing procedure that I'm used to at hotels. They were checked in with a credit card for incidentals and charged once at checkout. We, on the other hand, were charged at check-in and AGAIN at checkout with an explanation that we would receive a refund of one charge in 2-3 business days. This was very inconvenient for my family and created unnecessary stress on our vacation. I researched many lodging options and decided to give Red Lion a try... I wish I'd have gone with my first choice, right across the street. Next time I know better.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback. I want to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered. I am very disappointed to see that my staff gave you a hard time. Therefore, I will be sharing your concerns with the management team to ensure that everyone is on the same page and follows procedure. I really hope you can give us a second chance and experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!
Martinez
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Room was clean, hotel was clean, pool was clean, people that stayed there were courteous, overall a great value for the location close to Disney. You can walk to the parks its not too far and parking lot here seemed safe.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your compliments with my team. Please keep us in mind the next time you visit Anaheim. Best regards!
Perth
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Older hotel but very comfortable.
Stayed for 6 nights.
Had a coin laundry, free internet so could do airline online check in and print boarding pass.
Breakfast very limited and very fatty food, menu does not change.
Walking distance to Disneyland about 1klm, so no problem
Has a nice pool but we did not use
Overall you get what you pay for.
I actually enjoyed staying here and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will be sharing your great feedback with the management team and work towards improving the areas that need some attention I am glad you got to enjoy some of our amenities. I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family. Please keep us in mind next time you visit Anaheim. Best regards!
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights so we could go to Disney Land. The hotel is only about a 10 minute walk from the theme park so it was in a convenient location with shops nearby as well like Seven Eleven and Subway. The room was nice and clean and housekeeping was of a high standard as well. Another positive was that the wifi worked well and could be used from your room which was good as some hotels don't provide free wifi in the room. Facilities were nice as well like the pool and gym. One bad thing I would have to point out was that the buffet breakfast finished at 9:30, which was a bit early for us considering we usually stayed up late the night before being at Disney Land and so on. Overall a pleasant stay and a good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very pleased to see that you experience a pleasant stay. Our priority is to make sure you feel at home when you are away from home. I have to agree with you we are at a great location from restaurants and shopping. I will be sharing your concerns with the management team to ensure that we continue to work towards improving our hotel. Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you and your family. Please come visit us soon! Best regards!
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We reserved this place because of reviews and location. We were only staying one night but I'm glad it wasn't longer. Staff were extremely friendly but the check in took awhile cause they were having computer issues. The hallways have a nice scent but I felt like it was trying to cover up an old smell because it felt pretty musty walking down them. The drain pipes in the bathroom didn't work well so there was a puddle of gross feeling water while we showered. And the carpet, though a deep red, had some apparent stains that we made sure we walked around. Overall it was just one night, but I wouldn't stay there again because it was just not clean for me.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback. It brings me great joy to see that we met your expectations with our staff friendliness. Therefore, please accept my apologies for any other inconvenience you may encountered. I am disappointed to see that you did not experience the cleanliness you and your family deserve. I will be sharing your concerns with the Director of Housekeeping and address the issues. I really hope you can give us a second chance to experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!