“Wishful thinking”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Everett, Washington
“Wishful thinking”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Asked for a quiet room, was not going to happen. Room was set right next to the hallway to pool, and surrounded by doors slamming up to 11:30 pm and starting back up at 5:30 am. Check in was quick and easy. Was not really impressed with buffet, over priced. Their goal was to have a high class experience, felt like it was more of a country buffet in Kansas. Eggs cold, out of pancakes, was not too impressed with table service. Rooms were clean and ready to occupying. Like the Kurick coffee machine in the room. Location to downtown Disney, and other surrounding areas services were great. If I could have gotten a better nights rest my rating would be much better. For what I paid, I was not a happy client.

Room Tip: If it were not for the teenage antics, the bottom floor seemed a good place, keep me from the malfun...
Green Features: The housekeeping staff were the plus on this stay. Surprising how far a smile and hello goes.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you may have encountered. I will be sharing your concerns with the management team to ensure they are addressed and taken care of. I really hope you can give us a second chance to experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was close enough to walk each day then take a <$5 cab home at night, faster and easier than the shuttle.

7 11 across the street has nice fresh croissants and fruit, a fraction of the price vs in the park or hotel.

No hot tub and in Feb the pool was too cold for any adults, few kids went in but not for long :(

The photos make the walls look like the bedrooms have tiles on them, they don't, it's odd wallpaper.

I would stay again based on the price, location and cleanliness.

Green Features: Didn't notice any. Didn't notice any. Didn't notice any.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. I am glad you gave us the opportunity to serve you and your family. My staff and I are looking forward to having you stay with us again. Best regards!
Ojai, California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Expensive hotel at very basic average room. Very small rooms packed tightly with furniture. Shower pressure very poor, AC worked poorly. They don't have a continental breakfast for as much as you pay to stay. Other hotels charge same or less and offer perks. We were not happy and will choose another hotel very carefully next time.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I will be sharing your concerns with the management team. I hope you can give us a second chance and stay with us again to experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed here during our visit to disneyland. We had 2 rooms for our family. The rooms are very small and crammed. The floors are disgusting, the windows are disgusting. Nothing was dusted. The washroom counters were never cleaned properly. The bed sheets don't fit the beds, I was fixing them through out the night and one corner would never be covered. The beds moved and shook a lot even with the slightest movement. Just straight up filthy, and both of our rooms. We had 3 kids with us, we were constantly telling them not to touch this or that keep your shoes on, don't sit on the floor. The youngest is almost 2 and he fell on to the floor, the next morning he had a horrible eye infection and we had to take him to the hospital. The front desk staff was rude and very judgemental. The pictures they have posted look great, but the hotel is not half as pretty as it looks in the pictures. It is worn down. The toilets make loud annoying, almost like airplane toilet noises. I was literally counting the days to get out of there. It is not a 3.5 star hotel its more like a 2.5. The hallways are disgusting as well, I think the vacuum is barely used in the hotel. DISGUSTING, FILTHY, DIRTY, OLD.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
1 Thank R M
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will be sharing your concerns with the Director of Housekeeping and ensure that the cleanliness of the hotel is kept to standard. I appreciate your review and really hope you change your mind and give us the opportunity to serve you and your family again to experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!
Washburn, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 1, 2014

It seemed as if everything was horrible. Elevators stopped working 2x which meant 7 flights of stairs. Blow dry didn't work. Coffee making was disgustingly dirty. (Make sure to look before making our coffee) the pool wasn't clean. There was no hot tub. I didn't get a bill under my door which meant standing in a long line to check out. WAY over priced for what you get. I've had better experiences and better service at best westerns. Never again!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations. I will be sharing your concerns with the Director of Housekeeping and Engineering and address the issues you encountered. I really hope you can give us a second chance to experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!
Lake Tahoe (California), California

We had a king room.

Pros: Good location, large and roomy.

Cons: The bathroom had one small cabinet that measured about 12 inches wide and 3 ft tall. This little tiny cabinet had shelves to place toiletries etc, but there was no COUNTER in the bathroom. The toilet had no top to put down so there was virtually NO SURFACES in the bathroom to place objects on. Our traveling companion had a double room with a wide counter and a sink, so I don't know what the deal was with our crappy bathroom. It really sucked and was very frustrating.

The beds are mushy. Literally sagging.

There were no drawers to put clothing in; the main furniture had shelves.That was just weird.

For the price, I'd probably try another place next time. There are TONS of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you may have encountered. I will be sharing your feedback and concerns with my management team and address the issues. I really hope you can give us a second chance to experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!
Bonsall, California
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Red Lion was AWESOME! The room was clean, comfortable, and walking distance to Disneyland. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Cannot wait for you are next visit. Thank you Red Lion!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your awesome feedback. It brings me so much joy to see that we have met your expectations and you experience a wonderful stay. I will be sharing your feedback with my team and thank them for their hard work. If you need any assistance with your future booking please feel free to contact me directly, I will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards!