“Attended an Event Here”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #67 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Only attended an 'event' here in one of the large rooms.
Wanted to comment on the overall experience.
The room was immaculate....every table (for ten) was dressed with beautiful linens.
The food (served buffet style) was Mexican food....absolutely delicious.
Food servers were attentive and friendly.
Clean....and wonderful experience for the day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed your event and the service was up to your standard. If you ever need to stay in Anaheim please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,186)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was particularly frustrated with this hotel from the beginning. Making the reservation was difficult and then when I added a day, I was automatically, without my knowledge, put through a 3rd party reservation organization which meant I paid more for the reservation. The cleanliness of our room was not what a 3 star hotel should be. Even a partially used bottle of shampoo was left in our so called, clean bathroom. the floor was never properly swept and mopped, the same dirt there the entire stay of 3night. Some areas were never dusted at all. Our bed was progressively poorly made, by the 3rd night I couldn't believe how badly it was put together. The rooms are stuffy and warm. Window airconditioner but it didn't work very well and very loud and noisy. The pillows were horrible. I need not go on and the rooms were not cheap by any means.

Room Tip: Find something else!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you sharing your feedback with us. We deeply regret that your stay was not to your satisfaction. Please know that my Staff and I are here to help! If there is anything that does not meet your standards, please do not hesitate to let us know. We want to ensure that you enjoy your stay and keep coming back. We hope that you will give us another chance so we can show you that this was the exception and not the rule. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back again soon. Best regards!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Maid stole my sons ear bud! Tried to check in at 2:30pm, was told no rooms available. Drove around the block and called to confirm reservations, and was told room was ready...Front desk clerk checking us in seemed like she was stressed out. Not a very warm experience!

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about your son’s ear bud was missing. Our Housekeeping team keeps records of all lost and found items. Please feel free to contact us and we will gladly check to see if we have the item. Also, we do our best to provide our guests early check-ins. Unfortunately, there are time we are unable to honor early check-ins due to availability of rooms. Please feel free to call ahead to inquire about room availability and early check-ins. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again. Best regards!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have stayed a few times and continually return. Location can't be beat for either Disneyland or the Convention Centre. Have used it for both and I highly recommend it. A good blend of cleanliness, comfort, and cost. Can be a little expensive but can you put a price on the happiest place on earth!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and being your choice hotel when you visit the Anaheim area. We do value you as our guest and thank you very much for your loyalty. Please be sure to let us know if we can assist you with your next reservation! Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the near future! Best regards!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We won a bid from an opaque website. We were skeptical at first when we read that this property was added to the 3.5* list of hotels that we have come to know and love over the past ten years. We were pleasantly surprised of the cleanliness inside and out. The rooms, the lobby, the hallways were all clean.

We stayed in Room 527 facing the south overlooking the Toy Story parking lot area. We had two queen beds. It was a very quiet room, no parking lot or street or hallway noise. There is a small fridge, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, room safe, small closet, WiFi. I, being a lite sleeper which prefers a dark room, did not care for the frosted bathroom glass in combination with auto bathroom light (although a very nice option) feature. When someone gets up in the middle of the night for bladder call, it can illuminate the room somewhat.

We had excellent service when fresh towels were requested and wakeup call. We did not use any other hotel services. We did use IHOP (recommend) next door for a late night return from parks treat. I left two small maintenance items for the staff to check on at the front desk upon our departure.

The only odd thing was when we were returning one evening we asked for a couple more K-cup coffee's for the next morning. As the front desk person handed us the cups they asked us to bring down two K-cups (tea, hot chocolate, etc.) to replace the two we were getting. (Uh no, my legs and feet hurt from pounding the pavement at Walt's place all day and night. Plus we had survived a earthquake just that morning for crying out loud-haha.) This did affect my rating which could be 3.5 if it were allowed.

Room Tip: Main tower, south side, upper floors. I would stay away from the 201-801 and 203-803 rooms as the i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your honest feedback. We do appreciate the time you put into your review and for sharing with us your experience. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will consider us again the next time you stay in the Anaheim area. Best regards.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Two groups of us stayed at the Red Lion for one night. This hotel was perfect for a one night reservation and would recommend for longer stays. Had a King Bed and it was ready at noon! The hotel itself was in a great location and had plenty to offer.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay. If you need any assistance with your next booking please feel free to contact me directly. Best regards!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The location was great and the rooms were great. The only hiccup is when calling down to the front desk I was always asked if I could be placed on hold. Hold times were at 6- 10 min. I finally had to start telling them that I could not hold and would continue telling them my issue. Blankets, the a/c was not working in one of my rooms and the shower was clogged. The front desk staff was very friendly and recovered issues quickly. However, they seemed understaffed, as there was always red lights on phones blinking and customers in line at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I sincerely apologize for the long hold times when you called. The hotel is working on addressing this issue to improve our service and assist our guests in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding and I hope to have you back at our hotel again soon. Best regards!