“7 minute walk away from disneyland”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel at least 3 times and each time I enjoy staying there more and more.

Pros:
1) 7 minute walk to Disneyland. Short enough that you can avoid paying the Disneyland parking fee.
2) rooms are clean , staff is friendly , beds are comfortable and parking lot is safe.
3) if you don't want to walk to disneyland you can buy a bus pass in the hotel vending machine
4) hotel check out is at 11am or noon but parking doesn't expire until midnight. Potentially, For $14 you can leave your car parked there long enough to go two days to Disneyland
5) centrally located near restaurants, and convenience stores and even a Target.
6) if you walk to Disneyland from the hotel you walk by an IHOP, a subway and a 7-11. We have breakfast at IHOP or subway and then go buy water bottles at 7-11 and were ready for the park!!

Cons:
None yet.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pepi317
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for sharing your pros and cons with us! You mentioned a lot of great points and we thank you for letting our TripAdvisor Readers know. We do have a great location in that we are close to the Anaheim Convention Center, the Anaheim GardenWalk, and the Disneyland Resort. We are excited to have you back! Please let us know if we can help you with your next reservation! Best regards!

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort

Reviewed March 5, 2014

More people seem to be discovering the Red Lion....and I am so sad about this. I wanted to keep it my own little secret!!! It is a great place to stay when visiting Disneyland and the surrounding area. It is clean, comfortable and convenient. It is walking distance to the park. I give this hotel an A+!!!! Well, except for the parking charge. But that is my own pet-peeve.....really, just add the charge to the rate of the room....I know that most hotels are charging for parking, but I still don't like it!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
1  Thank Cleanmom

Thank you for staying with us and for making us you “own little secret.” We are proud to be your preferred hotel when you visit the Disneyland area. I am sorry to read about your concerns regarding our parking fee. I will share your feedback with our Management Team. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to have you back again soon. Best regards!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at Anaheim Red Lion
For 4 nights. Rooms were clean, place was not noisy at all.
Breakfast was good for our family of 5 (kids 2,6,and 8 year old). We had a great service from maid, restaurant, and front desk. I was skeptical when booking but I am glad did not change my mind. Great value and service for what you pay. Will not hesitate to stay at red lion for our next Disneyland vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to see that you experience a great stay with us. I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family. I have to agree with you it makes life so much easier to be able to enjoy breakfast with your entire family without having to leave your hotel. My team and I are looking forward to having you and your family stay with us again soon. Best regards!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Checked in for a two night stay and were given a room on the ground floor right near the back door exit (entry to the carpark) Opened up the curtains and you were literally in the car park... There were cars parked less than 1 meter away - At night with the headlights on I'm sure that would have been horrible. Asked to be moved to a higher floor and were moved to a room on the 6th floor. There was an internal door I am assuming for a connecting room, there must have been a child in the room next door whom kept fiddling with the lock, and when the next door toilet flushed it was incredibly loud. The bathroom light is automatic, some may see as a problem if their partner is a light sleeper, Try and get a room away from the lift as the sound proofing is non existent.

Short bus ride to Disneyland, bus tickets can be purchased with cash or a credit card from a machine located right next to the lobby. The busses come past the hotel every 15mins. Short 10min walk to many restaurants including the cheesecake factory.

Room Tip: High Floor away from lifts (Away from backdoor car park entrance as the door slams shut)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to see that your stay was not to your standards. I really hope you can give us a second chance to experience a more typical stay of our hotel. I will make sure we assign a nice quiet room. Best regards!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I accidentially left clothes in the hotel room closet & when I called about them, I was told they were not there, so housekeeping stole my clothing. I am waiting to see what, if anything the hotel is going to do about it. Worn bathroom counter and worn t.v. stand in the room. Needs some upgrading.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
1  Thank karatewife
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your lost and found items. I want to assure you that we want to return any items are left behind. Unfortunately, in this instance we were unable to locate any items. If you have any further concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask to speak to the Manager on Duty and we will gladly assist you. Again, my sincerest apologies. Best regards!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

After careful deliberation we chose Red Lion do to it's location to Disneyland and value. The customer service was fantastic! We had amazing experience with the staff from check in to the restraunt
To the gift shop and of course to the gentleman who arranged our shuttle! Now I wish I had written down their names!!! But is everyone working feb 26-mar 1st! The rooms were nice (a little small...definitely only for a family of 4) and the beds very comfortable! I was a little disappointed to have to pay for the parking and breakfast and transportation to Disneyland as so many hotels in the area provide these services in the price of the room. But because of our overall experience I would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It brings me great joy to see that we have met your standards. I will be sharing your feedback with my team and let them know what a great job they did. I really appreciate you giving us an opportunity to serve you and your family. I can’t wait to have you stay with us again! Best regards!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My room was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is a convenient 10 minute walk to the Anaheim Convention Center. The buffet breakfast was delicious with plenty of choices. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments about your room, as I know our Housekeeping Team takes pride in ensuring your room meets your expectations. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to have you back again in the near future! Best regards!