“Pssssttt....”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Pssssttt....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days during our Disneyland trip, since its said that the location is quiet close to disneyland and the review isnt that bad, it was a trap!
The hotel is located near disneyland border but not the entrance! The Disneyland entrance is about 15-20 mins walk. The wall is very thin, you can hear your neighbor conversation.

I even got stuck in the lift for about 10mins, we triggered the alarm but no one came, we tried to call the front desk, and its took them a while to response until finally the lift went up again and stop on the other floor! Feels like 'Tower of Terror' for a while!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonathan A
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to read about your experience. I want to assure you that we have taken the appropriate measures to have our elevators inspected to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us in the future. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I decided to stay at this hotel because children could eat for free. I ended up not eating in the restaurant at all, although it looked nice. I was attending a conference and the rates were good. The first night was not that great. The check in process was fine but we happen to get there on a day where it was freezing and windy. Our room was as cold as outside. We checked in a few minutes to three and unpacked all of our many things. There was no heat coming out but cold air. We had to wait hours before someone came to look at the heater. We were bundled up with the extra blankets we had asked them to bring up (one of the blankets had holes it in). The maintenance person said it was a new unit, he looked at it, the thermostat and said he would check back on us to see how it was working. He never did. Well 35 minutes later, I called the front desk again to complain. It was almost 9 pm before we were moved to a new room. We had to pack up all of our things, load up the luggage cart again to move. It was my elderly mother and my three year old son with me. So we had several suitcases, pack n go, and all of groceries we purchased before we checked in. I had to be at the conference center at 7 am, so I was very unhappy. No one in management ever apologized or offered to comp us for the night. The rest of the nights were normal and our room was always clean. We did go down for the one smore that is offered and that was different. It was okay and I'm not terribly disappointed with this property. I felt that it wasn't recognized how much of an inconvenience it was to be in the cold, 65 degree the thermostat read but it felt much colder than that. Since it was broken, who knows how cold it was. I wouldn't tell anyone not to stay there but I guess I should have been more assertive in getting acknowledgment and some compensation for the several hours we waited to be moved. Like they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

One last thing, there is a concierge desk but I never saw anyone there. I had to ask the person in the gift shop for help getting around.

Room Tip: Make sure the heater is working before you unpack everything. On a positive note, we could see the f...
Green Features: The flowers were nice. The lobby was comfortable. There were signs in the room about saving water. The water efficient showers had much lower pressure than I would have liked.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for letting me know about your stay. I am sorry for the challenges that you experienced with your A/C unit. I have sharing your comments with our Managers to ensure that we are addressing concerns in a timelier manner. I am also sorry that you were not recognized for the experienced you had. I hope that you can forgive us and stay with us again. If you happen to return to our area, please contact me. It would be my pleasure to take care of you when you come back. Best regards!
Anaheim
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

The Red Lion is good for those tight budgeted travelers or those who really won't be at the hotel for long. It is at walking distance from Disneyland, about a 5-10 minute walk. Also, the beds are extremely comfortable. However, the walls in the room are extremely thin. My fiance and I heard the couples next door "getting it on" several times. Also, you can easily hear the conversations of the other rooms and when they're doing their business in the restroom. Unless you don't mind hearing the other rooms or the possibility of them hearing you, then choose Red Lion.
Careful with your reservation, they might not have the room you booked at your arrival. We requested and paid an additional $9 per night to get a king size bed with the park view. At first we got the room with two beds. After talking to the manager and showing them my confirmation email, we were offered either a king size bed without the park view or the original two beds with the park view. They shouldn't offer rooms if they can't provide them to their guests.
There is no shuttle service to the parks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for the challenges you experienced during your stay. This is definitely not the type of stay we want our guests to have! We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you with us again soon. Best regards!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I spent six nights there for a conference. The room was immaculate and very quiet the entire time. There was a loud group of teenagers hanging around outside my door one night, but as soon as I mentioned it to the front desk I never heard them again. The room price was much better than the conference hotels and only a short walk to the convention center . The bed was extremely comfortable. Parking was convenient and the price was reasonable compared to other hotels. I appreciated that it was well lit and felt safe coming and going. Front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. Also a fairly short walk to Disneyland. The elevator arrived almost instantaneously during my entire stay. Big TV, but only had it on once for about five minutes - worked fine.

There was a glitch at check-in with not getting the room I had confirmed twice, but it turned out not to be a major issue - no such room existed. The manager compensated me with a couple of free breakfasts, which was greatly appreciated. The IHOP next door is convenient but outrageously high-priced (as confirmed by other reviewers, as well), so for a single traveler the hotel buffet works well.

I wasn't convinced that the bottom sheet had been changed when I arrived at the hotel but they were very quick to come up and remake the entire bed. There was also a glitch with the heating/cooling unit that was semi-fixed by the engineer, who had to go round up a new circuit board. I never did quite figure out how with the unit turned off and the outside temperature of 55° my room would still become 78° or why I continued to have the smell of artificial heat. The only way around this was to leave the air-conditioner on which I did not want to do. I also would have appreciated some drawers instead of just the little cubicles on the entertainment center.

I was in a double queen room. The closet was fine for a solo traveler but would be very tight for a family. In fact, a family would probably end up living out of their suitcases because of the limited storage space in the room and those suitcases would end up stacked on top of each other because of the limited place to put them. There was also a very comfortable chair in the room but a family might end up with the kids fighting over it. Personally, I would have much preferred a single king room but was told there were none available.

Pick up any incidentals you may need at the market across the street. Best deal around.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank urchin34
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry for the hiccups that you experienced, but I am happy to read that my Staff was able to correct your concerns. I also appreciate your feedback and I will definitely pass on your suggestions with our Management Team. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit. Best regards!
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

My family have been to Anaheim twice, and we've stayed at Red Lion both times. Good location, great price, friendly staff. If we go back to Anaheim, we'll definitely consider staying at Red Lion again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your “top hotel in Anaheim” approval. It is our pleasure to serve you and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future. If there is anything I can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Best regards!
Anaheim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Red Lion Hotel in Anaheim. Walking distance to Disneyland, grocery stores and The CheeseCake Factory.
The room was clean, beds comfortable, bathroom updated.
Microwave and small refrigerator was provided.
Our son enjoyed the smores made at the pool area on Friday night.
Hotel restaurant on the other hand was a disaster. We paid for breakfast on our first day and regretted we went there. Two gentlemen working there don't know what is a customer service. I understand it was a buffet and we didn't expect anything else but coffee and warm milk for our child. By the time we returned from the buffet to our table it was already taken by other guests and the waiter didn't say anything but served them our drinks. We sat at the other table and asked him for new coffee and warm milk but he refused to serve us because our table was in the section that belonged to another waiter. The other waiter spent hours in the kitchen. We were almost done with our breakfast when we finally got our coffee, hot water and cocoa mix instead warm milk. No creamer and sugar. Both gentleman was moving slowly between the tables setting them up.
You'll get a better breakfast and service at nearby Ihop.
The hotel Yes, Red Pasta restaurant definitely NO.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I am disappointed to read about what happened during your stay. Rest assured that your comments have not fallen on deaf ears and I have personally spoken to our Director of Food and Beverage to immediately address your concern. Please accept my sincerest apologies for what you experienced. I hope that you will stay with us again and please let me know if I can be of assistance. Best regards!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from my trip to Anaheim, which was focused around the psychotherapy conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. Location-wise, staying at Red Lion was extremely convenient, as it's right across the street from the Center, about a 5min walk.

The check-in process was very fast & straight-forward, and the staff at the desk were very helpful throughout my stay. I had some questions about the plumbing & heating for example, & they sent their engineer over to my room within 10min of my inquiry. They, as well as the staff at the restaurant, were also both friendly & well-informed.

I mostly have positive things to say about my experience; the bathroom & my room in general were very clean, which is always THE most important thing for me. Noise levels were acceptable, & the bed mattress & pillows were really comfortable. There is a 7/11 about 5min away, & a number of eating options, mostly fast-food.

Now a few things that I think could be improved: the closet space is very small, which was fine for me staying alone, but I was in a room with 2 queen-size beds, so with 2 or more people in that room it would be very hard to keep clothes in there. There is a coffee machine in the room which is nice, but I would have preferred a water kettle as I mostly drink tea, and it would have been nice to have a box of complimentary tea bags in the room (I bought some at the 7/11). Breakfast was quite tasty, but it could use a much more diverse offering of food and drinks, & to have them rotated more often. Otherwise I am not sure that the price of $10.75 is justified.

All in all, after a full day of talks & presentations at the Convention Center, The Red Lion Hotel was a friendly & pleasant place to return to.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and your accommodations were to your satisfaction. Just to share with you that the hotel does provide regular coffee, decaf coffee, and tea with our Keurig Coffeemakers. If you have a preference for more of a specific type, please let us know. We will gladly trade the other types for the one you would prefer. Also, we are looking into new offerings with our breakfast buffet. I hope that the next time you stay with us you will find our new offerings to your liking. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to your next with us. Best regards!