“fine print” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Clarita, California
“fine print”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The accomodations were nice. However, upon check-in we were notified that it will cost us $14 per day to park our car at the hotel. It costs $8 to park at a hotel that is a block closer to Disneyland. In addition, we had to sign that we are aware that we will be charged $250 if we are found smoking on the premises. Well, there was plenty of smoke coming in our room during the night from someone that I am sure was not charged the fee. I spent half the night (sleepy and not wanted to get up to investigate) worrying that they smell coming in to our room would result in a fee. Not to mention how unpleasant it is to sleep while inhaling smoke. Yuck. If they are going to make you sign for a smoking penalty, they should certainly enforce it during the night. Smoke detectors are not that expensive and they do have the silent ones that will only notify the front desk. Just a thought. Not planning on staying here again.

Cleanliness
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I wanted to share with you that our hotel is entirely non-smoking. In the event that we find evidence of smoking in our guest rooms, we do enforce the smoking fee of $250. I apologize for the inconvenience that the smell of smoke caused you. Please do not hesitate to contact the Manager on Duty if there is anything that you experience that is not to your satisfaction. Again thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. I sincerely hope that you will reconsider and give us another try. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The location of the hotel was fantastic for those visiting Disneyland, or any of the other attraction Southern California has to offer. The staff were quite short and unfriendly, but other than that the room was clean and we would stay again.

• 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel. I am sorry to read that you found the staff to be quite short and unfriendly. I definitely will share your comments with my team to ensure others do not experience what you did. I am pleased to know that you will give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me the next time you stay with us again. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back as my own personal guests! Best regards!
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is the second time staying here. The first time I stayed, the breakfast was free and this time the parking was free all for under $100 nightly. Both times stayed in the attached building. The room is nice and internet is free. The air conditioning is loud and is a unit that is attached to the wall under the window. The thermostat on the wall is not connected to the wall unit which took a while to find out. The major concern was the elevator. My previous stay there was issues with both elevators and I used the stairs most of the time. This time at 4 PM on Friday 10/04/2013 there was a maintenance man re-grouting the tile in the elevator which took one of the two elevators out of service from Friday at 4PM (if not earlier) until 8:00 AM on Saturday. This is the busiest time of the hotel, and housekeeping also uses these elevators. Sat in front of the one working elevator watching it go from floor two to the upper floors and then back to floor two and back up without coming to the lobby. When it finally came to the lobby it had a housekeeping cart in it and you could not get in the elevator. Took 15 minutes to get an elevator and at that time there was about 12 people waiting. I'm beginning to think the elevator issue is a concern in the second building and will have to think about where I will stay next time.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building, not the back building.
1 Thank mjskre
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced with our elevators. I agree with you 100% that working on the elevator during peak times is not the best time to make repairs. I will share your feedback with our Managers to ensure we do not inconvenience our guests like that again. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will visit us again in the future. Best regards!
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the great service which started the moment we walked through the door. Check in was quick, our room was ready, it was clean, beds comfy and our breakfast was included. Having stayed at other hotels near Disney, by comparison, this was the best for the $. Would recommend and will definately stay here again!

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found our hotel to be of great value and that you were able to enjoy the features of the hotel. Please keep us in mind when you visit Anaheim. Thank you for staying with us and hope to have you back again soon! Best regards!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Staff very helpful and friendly. Very much liked that there is a fridge, microwave, safe and keurig coffee pot in room! Having to pay additional for parking is only complaint, especially because I had two cars!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. Please keep us in mind the next time you are back in Anaheim! Best regards!
San Jose, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

So I gave it 4 stars, but is this a 4 star hotel...no. This is a 3 star Hotel, that gets a 4th star because of the location and the price. Plain and simple, you will get a clean room, with a friendly staff at a sub $100 rate even on the weekend. Is it the same Quality as a $300/night 4 start hotel...no. So as long as you are aware of what you are getting, you should enjoy it.
Things I like:
* Proximity to Park: We walked home one night when the shuttle was going to take over 60 min because the park was closing. It was not so bad, but it is a good 10-15 min walk. That is walking time....not waiting for lights time.
* Park Hoppers in the lobby: You can buy your tickets right when you check in. Skip the lines at the park.
* Restaurant stays open until 10. One night we were really tired, and didn't eat dinner. We actually ate at the restaurant, and it was a good value. the Pizza was huge and it was like $12. I was used to getting a small burger at the park for $12, so to feed 4 people with a $12 pizza was great.
* Keurig in room, with regular, decaf, and Tea. I don't drink coffee I drink tea, and they had it for me. My wife is pregnant and can't have caffeine, so the decaf was great.

Things I didn't like....(besides #1 these are personal problems...not problems everyone would have)
* Walls are thin. I could hear screaming kids, but thankfully no one near me was feeling romantic, or I would be hearing that as well. Keep this in mind, you will hear your neighbors.
* Proximity to park: Hehe I know I listed this as a thing I liked. BUT....There is a shuttle that stops right in front of the hotel. It is an every 20 minute thing, so if you are taking the shuttle and have kids, remember that you have a lot of traffic and cars zooming by right where you are standing. So if you have toddlers that like to run from you, this can be a very scary experience. Other hotels had the shuttle near the lobby and not on the street. You have been warned.
* Parking: it was like $14/day, and I had a rental that never moved. Next time I'll skip the rental and just take a shuttle to the hotel. There are so many places to eat nearby that it is not really necessary to have a car.

Overall I would stay here again. Especially with rooms 3x the price not being that much better of a value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fastgti
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I found your review to be very informative and I hope that other readers will find your comments to be helpful. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a good value. Also, please keep in mind that if you prefer more regular, decaf, or tea you can always request to have them switched out to the item you prefer. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will visit us again soon. Best regards!
Fresno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Thought the place was very good! Except for one thing and for me it was a big thing! The Toilet was terrible! It Worked ok, but it was so shallow that, if you sat down on it , you would touch water!! That was not fun!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. I am sorry for your experience with our toilets. I will definitely share your comments with our Management Team to see what we can do to address your concern. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you visit us again soon. Best regards!