“Good value for the money - would stay again”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Good value for the money - would stay again”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The location of the hotel was fantastic for those visiting Disneyland, or any of the other attraction Southern California has to offer. The staff were quite short and unfriendly, but other than that the room was clean and we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel. I am sorry to read that you found the staff to be quite short and unfriendly. I definitely will share your comments with my team to ensure others do not experience what you did. I am pleased to know that you will give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me the next time you stay with us again. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back as my own personal guests! Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is the second time staying here. The first time I stayed, the breakfast was free and this time the parking was free all for under $100 nightly. Both times stayed in the attached building. The room is nice and internet is free. The air conditioning is loud and is a unit that is attached to the wall under the window. The thermostat on the wall is not connected to the wall unit which took a while to find out. The major concern was the elevator. My previous stay there was issues with both elevators and I used the stairs most of the time. This time at 4 PM on Friday 10/04/2013 there was a maintenance man re-grouting the tile in the elevator which took one of the two elevators out of service from Friday at 4PM (if not earlier) until 8:00 AM on Saturday. This is the busiest time of the hotel, and housekeeping also uses these elevators. Sat in front of the one working elevator watching it go from floor two to the upper floors and then back to floor two and back up without coming to the lobby. When it finally came to the lobby it had a housekeeping cart in it and you could not get in the elevator. Took 15 minutes to get an elevator and at that time there was about 12 people waiting. I'm beginning to think the elevator issue is a concern in the second building and will have to think about where I will stay next time.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building, not the back building.
1 Thank mjskre
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced with our elevators. I agree with you 100% that working on the elevator during peak times is not the best time to make repairs. I will share your feedback with our Managers to ensure we do not inconvenience our guests like that again. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will visit us again in the future. Best regards!
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the great service which started the moment we walked through the door. Check in was quick, our room was ready, it was clean, beds comfy and our breakfast was included. Having stayed at other hotels near Disney, by comparison, this was the best for the $. Would recommend and will definately stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found our hotel to be of great value and that you were able to enjoy the features of the hotel. Please keep us in mind when you visit Anaheim. Thank you for staying with us and hope to have you back again soon! Best regards!
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Staff very helpful and friendly. Very much liked that there is a fridge, microwave, safe and keurig coffee pot in room! Having to pay additional for parking is only complaint, especially because I had two cars!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. Please keep us in mind the next time you are back in Anaheim! Best regards!
San Jose, ca
Reviewed October 4, 2013

So I gave it 4 stars, but is this a 4 star hotel...no. This is a 3 star Hotel, that gets a 4th star because of the location and the price. Plain and simple, you will get a clean room, with a friendly staff at a sub $100 rate even on the weekend. Is it the same Quality as a $300/night 4 start hotel...no. So as long as you are aware of what you are getting, you should enjoy it.
Things I like:
* Proximity to Park: We walked home one night when the shuttle was going to take over 60 min because the park was closing. It was not so bad, but it is a good 10-15 min walk. That is walking time....not waiting for lights time.
* Park Hoppers in the lobby: You can buy your tickets right when you check in. Skip the lines at the park.
* Restaurant stays open until 10. One night we were really tired, and didn't eat dinner. We actually ate at the restaurant, and it was a good value. the Pizza was huge and it was like $12. I was used to getting a small burger at the park for $12, so to feed 4 people with a $12 pizza was great.
* Keurig in room, with regular, decaf, and Tea. I don't drink coffee I drink tea, and they had it for me. My wife is pregnant and can't have caffeine, so the decaf was great.

Things I didn't like....(besides #1 these are personal problems...not problems everyone would have)
* Walls are thin. I could hear screaming kids, but thankfully no one near me was feeling romantic, or I would be hearing that as well. Keep this in mind, you will hear your neighbors.
* Proximity to park: Hehe I know I listed this as a thing I liked. BUT....There is a shuttle that stops right in front of the hotel. It is an every 20 minute thing, so if you are taking the shuttle and have kids, remember that you have a lot of traffic and cars zooming by right where you are standing. So if you have toddlers that like to run from you, this can be a very scary experience. Other hotels had the shuttle near the lobby and not on the street. You have been warned.
* Parking: it was like $14/day, and I had a rental that never moved. Next time I'll skip the rental and just take a shuttle to the hotel. There are so many places to eat nearby that it is not really necessary to have a car.

Overall I would stay here again. Especially with rooms 3x the price not being that much better of a value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fastgti
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I found your review to be very informative and I hope that other readers will find your comments to be helpful. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a good value. Also, please keep in mind that if you prefer more regular, decaf, or tea you can always request to have them switched out to the item you prefer. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will visit us again soon. Best regards!
Fresno
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Thought the place was very good! Except for one thing and for me it was a big thing! The Toilet was terrible! It Worked ok, but it was so shallow that, if you sat down on it , you would touch water!! That was not fun!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. I am sorry for your experience with our toilets. I will definitely share your comments with our Management Team to see what we can do to address your concern. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you visit us again soon. Best regards!
Sydney
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed 7 nights at the Red Lion with our two kids and we couldn't have been happier. Our travel agent had not made the reservation and had not paid our money so at check in they were very helpful and reassuring. They said we could use the facilities of the resort until they got a conformation and payment from the travel agent (which took the agent 3 hours). We ate at lunch at the restaurant and they had the issue all sorted out and placed us into a disneyland view room. Room was very large and big enough for the four of us. The staff were helpful, especially Gina in the restaurant (great with the kids), the only negative comment I would make was the hostess at breakfast who asks for your room number was a bit coo coo bananas. Manager walked through the restaurant at night and invited all the families to toast marshmallows over the fire pits that are around the pool (kids loved it). From our room you could see the fireworks over disney on the weekend. We walked to Disneyland 5 of the 8 days we were there and it only took us 10 minutes and the shuttle buses for the shopping outlets and Hollywood tours pick you up outside the hotel. Breakfast was $9.90 for buffet style and kids are free under 6, the staff are constantly filling your water and very helpful. Pool was heated and fire pits at night are surrounded by big outdoor sofas. There is a gift shop in the lobby which is half the cost of the sheraton gift shop across the street for the exact same items. Fitness centre was well equipped with free weights as well as machine weights and cardio. There is a 24 hour ihop right next door and 5 minutes from cheesecake factory and other restaurants. It was a great hotel and perfect for families (I see negative comments from couples and business people who stayed there, but you need to remember that this hotel caters for families because it is so close to disneyland so you need to expect that there will be kids staying in the hotel).

Room Tip: Get a Disney View Room, It has a good outlook and would be a lot quieter as it doesn't face the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Also, thank you for recognizing Gina for her service. I will be sure to pass on your praise for her to her Manager. I am also pleased to read that the Staff was able to assist you with your reservations and everything worked out for you. Thank you also for your tips and suggestions, I am sure that others reading your review will find it to be helpful! I hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you come back to our area! Thank you again for staying with us! Best regards!