“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
sterling, alaska
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at Red Lion Hotel for the weekend and for my grandson's birthday.. The hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. The only down side was that it was that the hotel is about 4 blocks from the park entrance, not 1 block. It is a long walk especially after a 11 hour day at the park but all in all it is a nice hotel. Also they are pet friendly

1 Thank sheriphelps
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry about the distance you had to walk. Please know that we partner with the Anaheim Resort Transit which provides transportation to and from Disneyland from our hotel. They charge $5 for every adult and $2 for every child age 3 – 9. I want to thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you visit us again. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seattle
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We rented a suite for three days with our two young children. The suites are located on the first floor only but access to the pool and ground level parking is easy. Rooms are very spacious, clean and the general look and feel of the building is good. I was impressed.

The only thing keeping me from giving this a full 5/5 was the front desk staff (not very friendly) and the lack of an ice machine on the first floor. Very annoying.

I haven't stayed at the Red Lion before but we will likely stay here again when we return next year.

Room Tip: Suites are better if you get them at a good price.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for giving us a chance and choosing to stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you found the Front Desk’s service unfriendly. We strive to ensure that we take care of all of our guests. Please feel free to ask for the Manager on Duty and we will do all we can to ensure your satisfaction. I am excited to hear that you will come back next year! Please feel free to contact me directly if you need assistance in the future. Best regards!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. We were family do 2 adults and 2 kids and the room perfectly fit us. The hotel is 15 min walk to Disneyland. You have to pay $14 per day for the parking which I think very expensive. The overall evaluation of the hotel is excellent.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alzourya
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your “excellent” evaluation of hotel and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future. Best regards!
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Ok room. High price. Still wanted u to pay $14 dollars to park your car at the hotel. Even angel stadium only wanted $6 to park & watch a game. Had spiders in our room. Killed 5 total. This on the 5th floor. Not at ground level.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry for the experience you had with our hotel. I want you to know that I have dispatched our pest control company to inspect our 5th floor to ensure our rooms are pest free. If at any time you find areas of concern, please do not hesitate to let the Manager on Duty know. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Best regards!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights with my husband and three year old on our trip to Disneyland. Location was great, we walked to Disney and back both days in about 10 minutes. Room was clean, check in/check out was painless, had no trouble with parking. Only issues were: that the water took some time to get hot, so I just ran the water beforehand for a couple of minutes; and the breakfast buffet lacked variety with regards to fruit and healthier choices. Overall a great stay, and would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PaulaM171
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your feedback and I have shared you comments with our Department Managers. I want to let you know that we are looking into ways we can improve our services, especially when it comes to breakfast options. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to have you back again soon! Best regards!
Escondido, California
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Room was very clean and nice for the price. We had a premium room next to the elevator. We had trouble sleeping because of the noise when people would get off. We arrived on Saturday since we were going to Disneyland on Sunday so I made sure that our vehicle could remain parked there so we would not have to move it. That was not the problem, I was told the car could stay there 24 hours. When my husband returned to get the car and attempts to exit the parking lot, he was unable because apparently we had a $25 balance which was not true so he had to get out of the car and go to the front desk(it was a very hot day). He told the employee in the front desk that he was unable to get out of the parking lot because we owed $25. He was told that we were paid up and gave him another parking ticket. He gets in the car and again attempts to exit the parking lot and again is not allowed with the new ticket he got. By this time my husband was furious because it was a very hot day and our 6 year old and me were waiting at curb side for him on a main street. Anyway, the third parking ticket worked and he finally was able to exit. Other than this, the hotel and pool met our expectations.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ones near the elevator!
1 Thank CPA2006
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am sorry for any confusion regarding our parking. We do charge $14 a day for parking and parking is valid until 11:59pm the day of checkout. After 12am, an additional day of parking will be assessed. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay. I hope that your parking experience will not detour you from staying with us again in the future. If there is anything I can do to restore your faith in our hotel, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I used to be tacit in my praise of the Red Lion Anaheim. That was before we stayed at the Motel 6 Main Gate to save about $90 over two nights. Let me tell you something, brothers and sisters, that $90 is the best money you will ever spend. Making it out of that hellhole alive was an achievement. Read my review of it to learn more. If you have a dog that needs to come with you, this is the place. It's nice enough, close enough, and from what I can tell, there is no METH scene fueling the stuff of nightmares.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rywil
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I must say that was disturbed by the experience you had at the other hotel. That is definitely does not display safety and security. I want to assure you that the safety and security of our guests continues to be our number one priority. We have Management and security available around the clock to ensure our guests experience a comfortable stay. If at any time there is a situation that does not seem right, please do not hesitate to let us know! Thank you for staying with us! Best regards!