“Rooms not cleaned.”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This Hotel did not clean the room daily. Came back to room uncleaned two days in a row. Desk did not care and did not know why it bothered us. Staff was rude and incompetent. Housekeeping staff does not seem to know US expectations of daily room service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sejouer A
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the cleanliness in your guest room. I do apologize that our staff did not clean your room daily. Please be assured that this will be addressed accordingly with housekeeping. You are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort

Reviewed June 18, 2013

All service personnel were curteous and knowledgeable. The room was . excellent and absolutely quiet. More conveniences than expected. The photocell for the bathroom light was clever. The staff found answers to my inquiries about the locale. Location so good (Convention center & Disneyland...I did not rent a car. Perfect

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank madhops606
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for giving us your feedback. It gives me great joy to hear you had a fantastic stay with us. Our priority is to make sure our guests receive the best service. I have to agree we are very fortunate to be within such close proximity to the Anaheim Convention Center and Disneyland. It is such great conveniences not have to rent a vehicle. We hope to see you soon. Best regards!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Red Lion was ok. Not spectacular but not bad at all. The service was great but the water pressure in the shower sucked!! The breakfast buffet was ok but since I don't drink coffee, They wanted to charge me for a Diet Coke!! Now it would have been a better breakfast if they offered Chocolate Milk but they didn't and just so you know, I am 50 years old and I still want chocolate milk with my breakfast.

Now the room was a good room and it was cleaned very well from what we could tell. So again the service was great, it just had little things lacking that I could nit pick apart. Not too bad for the cost which I thought was kinda high seeing how we were there for Disney Land which was WAY TOO HIGH!! You would hope to get a better hotel rate from something other than Quality Inn.

Overall a decent experience at the Red Lion Inn in Anaheim.

Room Tip: Get the Disney package because you get free Breakfast and parking is included.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I must agree with you that you should be able to have a glass of ice cold chocolate milk with your breakfast regardless of how old you are! I will be speaking with our Director of Food and Beverage personally to see what we can do to make that happen! I am happy to read that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I also want to let you know that I do appreciate you nit picking as we are always looking to improve our service. If there is anything that you find that is not right, please let us know! Thank you again for staying with us. Best regards!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed at this hotel this past week. The location is great, the shuttle is definitely worth getting so you don't have to pay for parking at Disney. The service at this hotel was AWFUL! Check in time was 3pm. We arrived in Anaheim at 2:30. We came to the hotel and asked if we could check in and if we could get 3 rooms close together. We also asked if we could possibly have a room that looked at the fireworks. We were told that we couldn't check in because none of the rooms were clean, and also that there was absolutely no way for us to have rooms to see the fireworks. They made us sit in the lobby and wait until 3:20 before we were allowed to 'come up to the desk'. Other guests were allowed to check in. Also when we got to our floor, there weren't any maids carts and the rooms had been clean since 11 am. None of the staff was friendly and acted like everything was an inconvenience. Also, we took a freezing cold shower. When we spoke to the front desk all they could say was 'oh well sorry'. It was a good location with a good breakfast and clean rooms but all the employees seem to hate their jobs.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Liz F

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback with us. Please accept my apologies regarding your check-in process. I can understand how this may have caused frustration. Our goal is to expidite check-in and accommodate our guests with all their requests. Unfortunately, during peak seasons we not always able to fulfill every request. We apprichiate your understanding. I am also sorry that we did not make you feel important. Please know that we do value you as our guests and we will be making the necessary adjustments to ensure we show you we care. I hope you can give us a second chance and consider us next time you are in town. Best regards!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice place, clean and very comfortable. Maids don't speak English so they weren't very helpful.. Had to ask for toilet paper twice. The manager was very helpful and understanding to special needs kids... Refrigerator kept shutting off...... The bathroom had a sensor light that can't shutting off when you were in the shower. Over all defiantly would stay again.........

3  Thank Rochelle J

Thank you for comments, your opinion matters to us. I apologize for the language barrier you may have encountered with some of our staff. I am glad that one of our Managers was able to assist you with your needs. I am also sorry to hear you had some trouble with some of the appliances in your room. I will follow up with our Engineering team to make sure everything in the room is functioning correctly. We can wait to have you stay with us again. Best regards!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Bad:

Parking is not included. They charge $14.00 per day. Our room was located by the vending and ice machine which can get somewhat noisy. Smoking is a problem. People keep smoking by the door and when the sliding door opens, you get hit with the poison by the second hand smoke. They should really implement the 25 feet rule. Breakfast not included.

Good:
Good clean rooms and bathrooms. The microwave and fridge is nice to have in the room. Fridge is not so cold so good luck if you want to keep ice cream in there. The hotel is located fairly close to Disneyland and close to many great restaurants.

Stay again:
Yes, I would stay again. Clean room and great location. Friendly staff helps.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the vending and ice machine.
1  Thank jenhjenlove

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback with us. I want to apologize regarding your concern with the parking and breakfast not being included, as well as the cigerette smoke. In regards to parking and breakfast, we try to keep as many options possible when booking your stay. We do have packages available that include breakfast and parking. I am sorry about the people smoking outside of your room in the stairwells. Our hotel is a non-smoking hotel and smoking is only permitted outside of the hotel, but not the stairwells. Please feel free to contact the Front Desk and we will be more than happy to move you to another room. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Family was vacationing in the USA from the Philippines. Disneyland Park was one of our "must" destinations. Chose Red Lion Hotel because of its proximity to Disneyland Park and reasonable online rates. Had absolutely NO REGRETS! Location was perfect: within walking distance to the Disneyland Park, was beside an IHOP for breakfast, Denny's was close by and so were Morton's Steak House, Ruth's Christ Steak House, Cheesecake Factory and other good restaurants. Downtown Disney nearby also provided some good eats and shops! The hotel staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful, specially our Filipino compatriot, Cesar, at the Concierge, who pointed us out to the restaurants, the shopping center, where to get our tickets for the Park and arranged for a Universal Studio Tour as soon as we checked in! We had booked online. Check-in and check out processes were a breeze. The hotel itself has 2 buildings joined by an open walkway. The rooms itself were good, nothing really fancy but it was comfortable and clean. We had 2 adjoining rooms for our 3 sons and us. A vending machine for ice, soda, water and other drinks were available on all floors. Very pleasant experience. We'd come back here if ever we're going to Disneyland Anaheim again.

Room Tip: A family of 4 (parents and 2 kids) can fit in 1 room as the room had 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kasalamd

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I am especially happy to read that Cesar was so helpful! It excites me to know that you will choose us again the next time you are back in Anaheim! Please let me know if I can be of assistance with your next reservation! Best regards!