“I would 100% stay here again”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #67 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went on a trip for my birthday to Disneyland last week and we booked with Red Lion. We didn't get in until after midnight and we were all exhausted but check in took about 5 minutes it was a relief. We got to our room and it was very nice. It was clean and had plenty of towels!! We didn't hear any of our "neighbors" at all. A big plus was the fact that we could walk to Disneyland from the hotel it was about 3 street lights away! The only down side is you have to pay for parking but i understand why they do that being so close to the parks, they don't want people not staying at the hotel to take up all the parking from the actual guests. The room had a fancy coffee maker, a microwave, a safe and a flat screen TV. I felt comfortable leaving my personal belongings in the room, and it was cleaned spotless everyday while we were at the park. I would recomend this hotel to anyone going to Disneyland that wants an affordable place close to the parks!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with our TripAdvisor Readers! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the features and amenities of our hotel, especially our Kurig Coffeemakers! Also, you are right about our locating, as we are only 300 yards from the entrance of Disneyland. Again, thank you for your comments! I look forward to your next visit with us. Best regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,176)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I arrived on Super Bowl Sunday, planned to watch the big game, then go to Disneyland Sunday and Monday. The tv picture started out fine, then after 15 minutes the pixels started to go. After another 15 minutes, NO PICTURE! Just sound. I called matinence and they came up with a new tv, telling me all the TV on the property are going out. He hooks up a new tv, leaves, 15 minutes later, SAME PROBLEM! I M so frusterated trying to watch this game. I have all these bets in (I am from Vegas) and I can't keep track of any of my props. I call front desk again and they say, oh it's not the tv, it's the hotel connection, you can come down to the bar to watch. Um.... No I can't, I have a 2 yr old. Couldn't watch the game. Each night before bed, couldn't watch tv. Front desk could care less. Never asked how my stay was when I checked out. Didn't want to offer any compensation. I am not returning. I need a working tv connection. Motel 6 would have at least had a working tv.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristin K
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I can appreciate how frustrating it must have been not to be able to watch the Super Bowl. The hotel is working with our partners at DirecTV to correct this issue. I am sorry for all the inconvenience. I hope that the next time you are back in our area that you will give us another chance. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Best regards!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I got a great rate on a room with a king bed. I was greeted by friendly, professional staff at the front desk. When I asked if an upgrade was available, she said they were sold out but then said if I was staying 2 nights instead on just 1 (i.e., spending more money, which makes me a more valuable guest to them) she would have done it. Sounds shady to me. I was leaving the next day so either you have rooms or you don't!
They offered s'mores by the pool so you could watch the fireworks at Disneyland. Thought that was great! Unfortunately, they didn't mention the highly obstructed view!! They were quick to accommodate my request for a bucket of ice, as I couldn't leave the room to go to another floor to get it myself (had a sleeping toddler). The gift shop clerk had a difficult time working the cash register but was friendly; she even gave me a tea bag from her personal collection so I could make hot tea for my sick daughter.
The room itself was decent. We were on the 1st floor and near the pool, which was very noisy. Every time someone near us opened or closed a door, the walls would shake! The sheets were stiff and uncomfortable. Almost as if they were starched?? The view we had was of the parking lot...not attractive! Especially since the higher floors facing the opposit direction had a lovely view of Disneyland.
The bathroom was modern yet in disrepair. The porcelain tub desperately needed to be refinished, as it was peeling in several areas. It took nearly three minutes to get hot water, which wouldn't have been bad except the drains were plugged and the water backed up!
Although room service food wasn't bad, the breakfasts buffet was horrible! Again, great service from the staff but the eggs were runny and most of the food was warm, not hot. It's supposed to be a family hotel yet where they seated us, a near by TV had a highly inappropriate show on it. It took several minutes after complaining for them to even figure out how to turn it off. It going to take longer for those images to leave my 3 year old's memory.
Overall, it was a decent hotel in a safe area. I had a few great things but too many disappointments to even bother giving them a second chance. There are just so many other hotels near Disneyland that is rather give my business to.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Truett23
Desiree B, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and concerns. We value our entire guest and want to make sure you have a memorable and enjoyable experience when staying with us.
I am very sorry to hear that you had a few problems during your stay. I am also happy to hear that the customer service you received from our staff was to your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the proper departments to assure that the problems you commented on are addressed.
I hope that you and your family will continue to stay with us again in the future, should you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The rooms are more than spacious and very well appointed. Very clean and comfortable and quiet! The staff are all excellent and are there to serve. Very close to the main gate of the Disneyland Resort. Just the BEST Lodging value in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the hard work of the staff. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Until then, best regards!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Overall solid place.. Would be better with a hot tub.. The rooms were very nice with up to date technology in the rooms.. Also they have a mini fridge and microwave in the rooms that was a plus.. Another thing that was upsetting was that they do not have any shuttle set up for Disneyland and they also charge for parking 14 bucks a day..

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank bballstar4561
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. I do want to mention to you that we do have a shuttle stop in front of our hotel (ART – Anaheim Resort Transit) that takes our guests to and from Disneyland. There is a charge of $5 for every adult and $2 for every child age 3-9. I am sorry about your concern regarding our parking fee. Please keep in mind that we do offer rates that include parking and breakfast. If you are ever in need of reservations assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit. Best regards!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This Hotel was perfect for a last minute Disneyland Trip for me and my family.

Cleanliness: I wear white socks (yes, I am a nerd). I walked on the carpet, my socks were still white. Enough said.

Comfort:The bed was very comfortable. It was firm, so if you like a bed you can sink into, this is not the place. If you like a firm bed that has good back support, best bed I have slept in at a hotel in a long time.

Bathroom: New, clean, and user friendly.

Gym: It's not a 24 hour fitness, but it has more than most. If you aren't getting enough exercise chasing your kids around Disneyland, its nice and clean.

Food: Buffet breakfast, kids eat free. Close to everything if you don't want to eat what they have.

Proximity: We walked to Disneyland everyday with our 3 year old, no stroller. It is about a 20 minute walk with kids, 3 minute walk without... if you are really lazy, you can walk into the Disney parking lot and take their shuttle over for free. It is right next door to the hotel.

Staff: Friendly and accommodating. We had a 1 bed bedroom and they switched it to 2 free of charge. Bonus - my son wasn't kicking me all night. My wife was kicked, but I wasn't. No extra charge, just sweet accommodation.

Price: I got a great deal with a modest bid on Captain Kirk's website. I would say if you can book this hotel for $60-$90 a night, its worth it. You get what you pay for. If you want to chance it on a dive to save $20, go ahead. If you want quality from top to bottom, and you have to pay a little bit more, this was worth it.

Room Tip: If you are trying to make a bid to secure a room, don't wait too long. This hotel is reasonable...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura M

Thank you for your personal recommendation! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. You brought up a lot of good points and tips. Thank you for sharing them with our TripAdvisor Readers! I hope that you will visit us again soon! Best regards!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights during the Tinkerbell half marathon weekend. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The location was very convenient and the room was nice. When I was in line waiting to check in I overheard them offering someone a discounted rate for the parking for participating in the race. It was not offered to me, but I asked and they applied it for me as well.
We are dinner at the Red's pasta kitchen one night, the pasta was good.. but beware of the pizza. It was not good at all. The breakfast buffet in the morning was very convenient and a great value, The only issue we had was that we were charged for one of the kids, and they were both supposed to be free under their 10 and under policy. When I inquired at the front desk I was told it was 9 and under.
I thought that being a red lion club member I would get the requested premium room, but I received a standard room facing the parking lot. Comfortable beds, clean room, and refrigerator was a plus.
This hotel is a great value if you get a deal that offers breakfast and/or parking. Otherwise, there are several comparable hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for telling us about your most recent stay. I want to apologize to you that everything was not perfect. Just to share with you, in regards to the parking, we had a group that booked a group rate for rooms during the Tinkerbell Half Marathon and that is why they were eligible for the discount parking. I am sorry to read about the confusion regarding breakfast. Our hotel’s policy is that children 10 and under eat free with each paying adult. I would like to ask for an opportunity to fix our mistake and welcome you back as my own personal guests. Please feel free to reach out to me when you are back in the area. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit! Best regards!