WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne
“Disney Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed 5 nights and could not fault this hotel. Great value, Friendly staff, Close to Disney. There is free internet in the room and the business centre is convenient. The only problem is there is no scanning facility for email documents.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with our TripAdvisor Readers. I am pleased to enjoy our complimentary internet access and our business center. I hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you are in Anaheim. Happy holidays and best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked this hotel through a Travelzoo deal which included breakfast and parking. Our total for three night including tax was $275! We looked around but really could not beat that deal.

Our room was very nice and seemed to have been updated. It did have a Keurig coffee maker as other reviews mentioned, but we did not use it. The bathroom seemed a little shabby - I noticed some rust on a vent that was above the shower and a few other things that needed attention, such as the drain not staying up in the shower causing water to accumulate while showering.

My husband mentioned that he heard a baby crying very loudly on our third night, but I didn't hear it. Perhaps the walls are somewhat thin, but this is pretty standard in most hotels at this level.

Breakfast was fine - nothing special. Fruit, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage. Pancakes, bread, bagels and a couple choices of cold cereal. The food tasted ok, but seemed to be low quality. The normal price of the breakfast buffet was $9.99 for adults - I would have not wanted to pay that price each morning we were there.

Location is pretty good. The ART picks up outside, but you have to pay. We ended up walking to Disney's parking lot which is right next door and hopping on one of their shuttles. They saw us walk in each day and didn't seem to mind.

The pool area looked nice, but we didn't have time to use it.

Overall, we would stay again at that price, but otherwise would stick with our usually place down the block and across the street, the Candy Cane Inn.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and giving us a try. We are always striving to improve our service and I have shared your comments with our Department Managers to address the areas you mentioned. I hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you are in Anaheim. Best regards!
Modesto, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Decided to book our room with RL. We have season passes to Dland and usually stay at a very cheap hotel while there. No expectations at a cheap hotel, right? So, we decided to splurge and stay at a nice hotel. So, we picked the Red lion.

Didn't get there until late Sat night. I am 8 months pregnant so after a 6 hour car ride, I was done. Staff at the counter was very friendly, no issues there. Walked in to our room. Straight for the bathroom. :) Still excrement in the toilet. Dirty towel on the counter, used soap bars on the sink and in the shower. Bathroom not cleaned.

Also, room was stuffy. Went to turn on the AC/Fan in the room. Didn't kick on so I went to look at the wall unit. Wasn't plugged in. Looked closer and there was a electrical fire at the outlet where the AC plugs in. Wonderful.

Took my comlaints to the front desk. Was told they would take care of me for these issues. Was very pleased that the front desk, Mayra, was very helpful and nice. She assured me that this was not the norm and apologized.

Was just disappointing to think we would have a luxury hotel and had those issues.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am frustrated to read about the experience you had and I want to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences. I am pleased to read that Mayra was helpful in assisting you. To put your mind at ease, our Engineers have been checking our electrical equipment to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!
El Cajon, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

we stayed at the Red Lion Anaheim 12/7-12/9 the room was clean, the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffett was included in our room rate and was more than adequate for the price. My only complaint would be the time it is served on weekends. We ended up skipping breakfast on Saturday to be at Disneyland at opening. A 630 or 7am start would make more sense, beds are a little hard, but the cleanliness of the room was greatly appreciated

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. After reviewing your comments, the hotel has decided to change our breakfast hours. Breakfast will be served from 6:30am – 9:30am DAILY. We hope that this will help those of our guests who wish to visit the parks early and get a head start! As you can see, your feedback is valuable to us. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope that you come back and take advantage of our earlier opening restaurant hours. Best regards!
Kauai, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Good: Rooms were very clean, staff was friendly and courteous, ART picked up right in front of the hotel.

The Bad: Our room rate came with breakfast the first day it was just allright, the second day it was awful, this was the last time we ate there out of our 6 night stay day, which was to bad since it came with our room rate. I had asked for a quite room, since I was traveling with my special needs daughter, We were given the room right by the elevator you could here everyone talking, kids crying and screaming. We also never had heat in our room I reported it 4 times, each night we came back to the room it was not fixed.
I also do not like the $40.00 a night hold on your Credit Card. We would not stay here again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LihueGirl
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations. I want to know more about your dining experience with us, as well as what transpired with your heater. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please feel free to contact me. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you take me up on my offer to speak with me. Best regards!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great location for proximity to Disneyland & other restaurants in the area. We always check for bedbugs (with a flashlight & disposable gloves) BEFORE settling into our room. I were thrilled to find that it was extremely clean between the headboard & the bed and there was a proper slipcover on the mattress so no bedbug infestation could occur. The cleaning service should be commended. We had our request to be in room next to our daugher & her family fulfilled. I would like to mention that there is noise transmission between floors (i.e. we could hear the people above us walking around) Checked with my daughter & she also said they had the same problem. Luckily, most people go to bed early so it didn't become an issue. Our only disappointment was that the buffet breakfast opened at 7:30 on the weekends. This surprised us as Disneyland opens at 8:00 on the weekends and we wanted to be there for an early start. As a result, we ended up not having the breakfast buffet on the Sat. We have stayed in many, many hotels all over the world and feel this breakfast buffet is one of the better ones. We would recommend to others.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to read that we passed your inspection. We do our best to ensure that our rooms are ready to ensure a comfortable stay for all our guests. I am sorry to read about your concerns regarding noise and our breakfast. I will be discussing our breakfast times with our Management Team to ensure we are best serving the needs of all our guests. Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!
Woodbridge, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Red Lion 3 nights and when we arrived to find our room we were thrilled at the clean and spacious room. As a woman I like having a vanity in the bathroom to work at and this one didn't disappoint with a generous countertop. It was very nice having a special area with a coffee maker, safe and mini microwave and a small fridge in the TV console. The beds were very also very comfortable. It was only a two block walk to Disneyland (very long blocks) and shuttles were easy to find if you didn't feel like walking. Overall we would definitely stay again when we come back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor which faced the west side overlooking the Disney parking lot. Would rec...