New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
El Cajon, California
“Decent Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

we stayed at the Red Lion Anaheim 12/7-12/9 the room was clean, the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffett was included in our room rate and was more than adequate for the price. My only complaint would be the time it is served on weekends. We ended up skipping breakfast on Saturday to be at Disneyland at opening. A 630 or 7am start would make more sense, beds are a little hard, but the cleanliness of the room was greatly appreciated

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. After reviewing your comments, the hotel has decided to change our breakfast hours. Breakfast will be served from 6:30am – 9:30am DAILY. We hope that this will help those of our guests who wish to visit the parks early and get a head start! As you can see, your feedback is valuable to us. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope that you come back and take advantage of our earlier opening restaurant hours. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kauai, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Good: Rooms were very clean, staff was friendly and courteous, ART picked up right in front of the hotel.

The Bad: Our room rate came with breakfast the first day it was just allright, the second day it was awful, this was the last time we ate there out of our 6 night stay day, which was to bad since it came with our room rate. I had asked for a quite room, since I was traveling with my special needs daughter, We were given the room right by the elevator you could here everyone talking, kids crying and screaming. We also never had heat in our room I reported it 4 times, each night we came back to the room it was not fixed.
I also do not like the $40.00 a night hold on your Credit Card. We would not stay here again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LihueGirl
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations. I want to know more about your dining experience with us, as well as what transpired with your heater. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please feel free to contact me. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you take me up on my offer to speak with me. Best regards!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great location for proximity to Disneyland & other restaurants in the area. We always check for bedbugs (with a flashlight & disposable gloves) BEFORE settling into our room. I were thrilled to find that it was extremely clean between the headboard & the bed and there was a proper slipcover on the mattress so no bedbug infestation could occur. The cleaning service should be commended. We had our request to be in room next to our daugher & her family fulfilled. I would like to mention that there is noise transmission between floors (i.e. we could hear the people above us walking around) Checked with my daughter & she also said they had the same problem. Luckily, most people go to bed early so it didn't become an issue. Our only disappointment was that the buffet breakfast opened at 7:30 on the weekends. This surprised us as Disneyland opens at 8:00 on the weekends and we wanted to be there for an early start. As a result, we ended up not having the breakfast buffet on the Sat. We have stayed in many, many hotels all over the world and feel this breakfast buffet is one of the better ones. We would recommend to others.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to read that we passed your inspection. We do our best to ensure that our rooms are ready to ensure a comfortable stay for all our guests. I am sorry to read about your concerns regarding noise and our breakfast. I will be discussing our breakfast times with our Management Team to ensure we are best serving the needs of all our guests. Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!
Woodbridge, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Red Lion 3 nights and when we arrived to find our room we were thrilled at the clean and spacious room. As a woman I like having a vanity in the bathroom to work at and this one didn't disappoint with a generous countertop. It was very nice having a special area with a coffee maker, safe and mini microwave and a small fridge in the TV console. The beds were very also very comfortable. It was only a two block walk to Disneyland (very long blocks) and shuttles were easy to find if you didn't feel like walking. Overall we would definitely stay again when we come back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor which faced the west side overlooking the Disney parking lot. Would rec...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Desiree B, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer in all of our guest rooms.

We would love to have you back in the future so that we could continue to provide you with the great service and amenities that the Red Lion Hotel Anaheim has to offer.

Please let me know direct if I could assist you with any future reservations.
Bakersfield, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

When we first arrived we checked into our room and the room itself was not extremely clean. There were cracks in the ceiling and dust all over. We were told that all the rooms had Keurig coffee makers and ours did not. It had a very old coffee maker that was filthy dirty. We called the front desk and they says that we could move b/c they haven't finished the renovations in the other building and they don't all have Keurigs. We moved to new rooms which had Keurigs...these rooms were clean, but once again, not quite up to par. Lots of dust and cracks and there were also greasy handprints on the door. Many things that are obvious to the naked eye and should have been clean.
After we got settled in, we decided to go to the spa...one problem, there was NO SPA. The website stated the hotel had a spa and pool, so we asked the front desk and their comment was that the pool was heated to 80 degrees...that's still not a spa and that's still false advertisement. After a long day of Disneyland, we wanted a hotel with a spa and we were sadly disappointed.
The breakfast was just okay, it was free. I didn't like the fact that we had to tip, it was a buffet and we got our own food and juice.
Also, this hotel is considered "superior" on the Disney Good Neighbor list. I def think its far from superior and we will find another place to stay next time.
The only plus is the hotel is close to Disneyland and it was easy to get to.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I would like to sincerely apologize for the problems that you experience during your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure all of our guests have a comfortable and memorable experience during their stay.

I have already shared your feedback with our Management Team to ensure that our website does not have any misleading information and is being looked into. Our main tower rooms do have the updated Kurig coffee makers and we will soon be putting Kurig coffee makers in our south tower rooms as well.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we are given the second chance to turn the impression around that was made.

Please contact me direct should you have any other questions or concerns and I will be more then happy to assist you
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our Family (4 Adults & 4 Children) stayed at the Red Lion from 11/24-11/30. Guest Services were awesome, helped us right away. We got there a little early, before check-in, our rooms were not ready but they made sure to have our rooms ready within the hour; which was fine considering there was an IHOP right next door and the kids were starving from a 7 hour trip and the best part, No Early Check-in Fee - whoo hoo. The Red Lion Hotel accommodated us by giving us adjoining room; that way we were able to keep our family together. Rooms were clean, no funny smells, bathrooms clean with open space. Our first day there we took the kids to Lego land, we had an hour drive so we needed to be up early, breakfast was ready by 7:30 which was perfect timing for our trip, over the course of the week we went to Disney/CA Advent for 3 days and Medieval times, during the week breakfast was served at 630 which was perfect for getting to Disneyland early to beat those lines. Breakfast was awesome!!!! Fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal with all the fixings, orange juice, apple juice, toast/bagels, pancakes and for the picky little ones cereal.

I would like to give KUDOs to the housekeeping group. They were so good. They were thorough, quick, but efficient. Our beds always felt fresh, our bathrooms clean and always had coffee, fresh towels and clean floors… considering we had 4 kids with us.

Red Lion has a transit that is provided by the city to take you Disneyland, cost was about 28 dollars for all 8 of us to ride the bus everyday but it was well worth it, cause your feet are dog tired at the end of the night after walking all over Disneyland/CA Advent. You could also walk to Disney from the hotel but when you have little ones, this is a nice accommodation to your stay.

Parking was FREE.

I go to Disneyland once a year and finally found a hotel that my family and I love. This is our go to hotel and will be back next year for our family vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We thrive on making sure all of our guests have a memorable and enjoyable stay and I am so pleased to hear that you and your family experienced all the great amenities that we have to offer.

We would love to have you and your family back in the future the next time you visit the Anaheim are so that we could continue to provide you and your family with a memorable experience.

Please let me know direct if I could assist you with your next reservation I will be more then happy to assist.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here at the end of our trip, rooms are very clean and comfortable - although the air con sounds like you area about to take off!!! The shower was the best I'd had in the US.
Parking was easy and the walk to Disneyland was quick and straight.
I didnt have breakfast in the hotel but there was an Ihop next door that was cheap and had great servie - and a bunch of restaurants around the corner.

The only thing I dont get was a $40 a night holding fee - yes you get it back but after staying at many hotels in my many travels around the world this was a first....unwarranted and annoying when you are staying for multiple nights (most hotels charge a nominal fee and they have a credit card inprint anyhow) ....

This hotel should be very proud of their room cleaning staff the best Ive experienced on this trip to the US.

Room Tip: try and get one with Disneyland fireworks view - amazing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back for another memorable and enjoyable stay.

Our incidental deposit is in place because we are a full service hotel that has a Restaurant and Bar on property this is why we require an deposit at check in so that all of our guest have the luxury of having room service brought to your room and also the option to enjoy our Restaurant and Bar during your stay making it easier and quicker to just bill the charges to your room.

Please let me know if I could assist you with any future reservations I will be more then happy to assist you with any questions or concerns.