“Great hotel and great location”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Just back from the red lion. Great hotel and only 10 mins walk to disney's main entrance. Good sized family room for 2 adults and 2 teenage children and very quite room despite being so close to Disney.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank bristolrobinson
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind the next time you are back in Anaheim! Until then, best regards!

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for part of our honeymoon and were VERY disappointed. First, we reserved a king bed room but were told when we arrived that they were out so we got a two queen room. Second, the showers were cold. We finally called to get someone to fix it and they made us feel horribly picky because "most people don't want the water to burn their children." Well, most couples aren't looking for a cold shower on their honeymoon... Third, we had dirty towels in our room hung as clean towels (there was brown gunk on them). The parking fees and resort tax fees were expensive, as well. Again, we were very unhappy with our stay and will be staying at another hotel the next time we go to Disneyland!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KNG317

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been not to have hot water during your stay and to have dirty towels on top of that. I want you to know that I have shared your comments with our Management Team. We use our guest’s feedback as coaching opportunities to better train our staff. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I hope that you folks would reconsider and give us another try. If you do decide to come back, please feel free to contact me. Thank you again for your comments. Best regards!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Not only is it down the street from the Disney Theme Parks, I got an amazing deal through travelzoo.com which included parking and hot breakfast for two. After hanging out in CarsLand with the famm bamm I worked up a pretty huge appetite for sleep!! And I was so glad that the hotel was close. Modern, chic decor; quiet atmosphere; private parking; polite and friendly hotel staff. Very comfortable room; spacious, plenty of pillows. Glad to be put in a room away from all others. (They must've read my mind!) Late check out at 4pm available for $40. Not bad if you need to stay. I got outta there before 12:30pm LOL But I thoroughly enjoyed the night. Sleep was so good I missed the free breakfast. Ah well, I guess that means I'll have to make it up next time. Buon viaggio! Ciao!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are quiet and separated from the rest of the rooms on the floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa F
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our special promotion and enjoy a good night’s rest. I cannot wait to have you back! Grazie per stare con noi (Thank you for staying with us)! Best regards!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nice hotel very close to Disney and one and a half miles from Angels stadium. Positives are Modern hotel nice rooms with comfortable beds, flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, microwave and a free to use in room safe. Negatives are $14 parking, bar closes at 10.00pm, slow checkout and the odd tramp like character hanging around the main road bus stops. Don't let the tramps stop you staying here I would rather the parking charge be scrapped for guests.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the interesting individual in front of the hotel. You can rest assured that the safety and security of our guests is a priority to us. If there is ever a time you have a concern, please let us know. Also, please visit us online and check out different rates and packages. We do offer rates that include breakfast and parking. Our goal is to provide our guests as many options as possible to best fit their budget. If you ever have questions regarding our rates and packages, please feel free to contact me. I hope to have you back again soon. Best regards!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a very nice property, the rooms are spacious room and the decor is attractive. the toiletries in the rooms were great and smelled fresh and citrus-y.My friend and I got a great night's sleep!! The breakfast got us out the door fed and happy! The parks are about a ten to twelve minute walk from this location. I would stay here again.
I

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with out TripAdvisor Readers! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to read that you had a good night’s sleep. Sleeping well and having a good meal are key to start off your day at Disney. If you are ever back in the Anaheim area, please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. Best regards!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Most often I use a service like price line ect to book, this time I called and booked directly. I am disabled and offered no accommodations, if fact had to pay $14.00 a day to park at the Hotel! The Shuttle to DL was another $4 a day. Can see DL fireworks from window, but far away and not worth the money. The room was clean and lovely, the staff helpful. Breakfast Buffet ok, but had I know a IHOP was next door I would have eaten there, cheaper and better food.

Room Tip: Rooms with view of DL fireworks, but you have to pay the price
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that your stay was not what you expected. Our hotel does charge a $14 per day parking fee. This fee is assessed for regular parking and accessible parking. Also, our hotel does offer a full American breakfast buffet. For our guests who are interested in other dining options, please feel free to visit our Front Desk and would be happy to recommend other dining locations in the area. I really hope that you will come back and give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. Best regards!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Staff was great. Checked us in early at 8 am as we arrived from flight. Helpful in booking transportation back to airport before we returned. Easy walk to Disneyland. An ihop located right next store and just a little further a subway, pizza, mexican food and Chinese food. Its a block and half to Disneyland and faster walking then transit. Room was clean and updates contemporary. It was just husband and me and we enjoyed the hotel and didn't mind the walk. May be Hard for really young ones after long day at Disney to walk back if you don't have stroller.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Virgo3am
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with our TripAdvisor Readers. I am happy to read that we were able to accommodate you and your husband with an early check-in. Our location is definitely a plus for a lot of our guests. For those who do not wish to walk, we do partner with the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) which shuttles our guests to and from Disney every 20 minutes. They do charge $4 for every adult and $1 for every child age 3 – 9. I hope that you will be back to stay with us again real soon. Until then, best regards!