“Will never stay here again!”

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #82 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Yuma, Arizona
“Will never stay here again!”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We stayed at this hotel with our 3 children and 3 adults. We were here because we came to Disneyland for Christmas...The only thing that was convenient was how close it is to Disneyland but other than that it was very unsatisfactory! I came down to the front desk to get some change for the vending machine and stood in front of an older gentleman for about a good 3-5 minutes before I finally said, "Do you work here?" He stated yes give me just one second, the whole time Im standing there he never once even looks at me, so then he finally said, What do you need, I said I need some change and he tells me to hold on so the other guy could help me, well the other guy was already helping two other guest and that is why I came to him to begin with...so then he waits a few minutes and then says Ok let me go see if I have any, he goes to the back and comes back and gives me change. He looked to maybe be a manager, and that is even worse, a manger should go above and beyond to help guest. I work front desk for a hotel and if anyone at my property treated a guest that way they would probably be asked to leave...but since this hotel is obviously going to make money no matter what because of the location they will probably not even care about negative feedback. I spent my Christmas away from home hoping to be treated with great hospitality...and if your looking for a place that is going to give you exceptional customer service then this is not the hotel for you. Needless to stay I will never return to this property nor will I recommend it to any of my friends or any of the business travelers that I know.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
GM002, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
I apologize for the not-so-stellar service you recieved. I will definitely see to it that our attention to guests' needs are better handled.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We stayed at the Clarion in Anaheim on our trip to Disneyland. The best thing about the hotel is its proximity to the Disney parks. It is also pretty affordable. We only paid $70/night during the week after christmas so I was pleased with that. For that price I don't expect the Four Seasons but I do expect courteous service.

During check-in the girl at the front desk was exceedingly rude to both me and my wife. It was as though we were an extreme annoyance by wanting to stay there. This kicked off our stay on a bad note. We brought our son's pack and play for him to sleep in. We asked for a crib sheet to be brought up and they said they would but it never showed. My wife finally went downstairs to the same rude girl and got on 2hrs later.

They have a couple restaurants on site but you'll get better food from the gas station on the corner. The first night we got something from the "Mexicana Cafe". Oddly enough there wasn't a single thing on the menu that was Mexican. The wings weren't terrible but the spaghetti and mystery-meatballs was wretched. On the day of our departure we had breakfast at the Tivoli Garden. This is quite possibly the worst breakfast I've had in years....makes one long for the Waffle House.

If all you want is a cheap place to lay your head then this place fits the bill. The Anaheim Resort Transit bus comes right to the front door and gets you to and from the parks for $4/day/person.

All in all I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010
I am sorry that we did not contribute to you having a good vacation during your trip to Disneyland. I am working to improve our service and hope that you will give us another chance.
Brisbane
Reviewed December 9, 2010

After having this hotel recommended to us by a previous group who had travelled here, we decided to take our group to this hotel. Whilst the hotel is in a convenient location for Disneyland that is about where the good points about the hotel finish. The standard has slipped dramatically in 4 years to the point where we will never go back, nor recommend anyone else goes there, and it is a shame that this is what 60 people will remember from their time in Anaheim. The rooms were never cleaned properly, on 2 occasions we found the housekeeping staff dirty cleaning towels left in our room after it had supposedly been serviced. On several occasions the door of one of our rooms was left open after being serviced (this happened 3 days in a row and was reported each time and nothing done about it). The food which was supposed to have been fantastic last time was so bad several people in the group went without both Breakfast and Dinner preferring to eat at Disneyland which is not cheap either.
The Front Desk staff appeared to be unhappy about being at work each time, were not helpful or welcoming in anyway and when there was a problem they looked at us as if we were invisible, getting quarters for the washing machine was a hassle, by the way the washing machines also failed to work on several occasions throughout our stay and again no staff seemed to think this was a problem worth fixing.
Please do not stay here no matter what the price is, you will be thoroughly dissapointed with this property and it's staff.

I can safely say that THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN and I have travelled extensively.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
I am extremely sorry that we did not reach your expectations. We are correcting the issues that you pointed out, and hope that you change your mind about returning and give us another chance.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Room was clean and decently appointed considering this is not an upscale hotel. Was there for a convention and the price was cheaper than anything else close by. Would have prefered 1 king bed instead of 2 doubles but I knew that beforehand. The staff were very nice, breakfast in the restaurant was actually pretty decent, peaceful and attentive. So if you can't afford to stay at the Hillton, it's a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for kind response. We hope that you choose to come back for your next trip to a Convention, or to Disneyland.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed at the Clarion in Anaheim for a Conference. The location was perfect for us, an easy walk to the Convention Center. We had no problems checking in or out (on heavy traffic days). The rooms were modest. It is obviously an older hotel that has done some updates. We only ate breakfast at the hotel. It was good, but they were understaffed. The wireless was free, but inadequate. In terms of the surrounding hotels, we could have chosen a nicer one, but we would have paid more for it. Overall, we had a pleasant trip and with a few caveats I would recommend it to fellow business travelers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We arrived at the hotel after a very long flight on September 18 around 2am . The man behind the desk was the rudest person ever. He kept making insulting gestures when my fiance was trying to read the license plate number of the rental keys. We thought the worst was over so after taking a shower and trying to get into bed we noticed these 2 big brown spots on the sheets. We tried to call the desk and no one picked up. So my fiance had to go down and let them know. The rude man wouldn't even listen to him so instead he sends the security guard up to change the sheets. After about 15 mins of trying to find the right sheets we get a call from the desk saying that BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO INCONVENIENCE THE SECURITY GUARD AND SO HE DOESN'T DO ANYMORE WORK THEY WOULD SWITCH OUR ROOM. We both we work in the customer service industry and that is the worst most disgusting thing we had ever heard. The guest are a priority!!! You do things not to inconvenience the guest but i guess the employee working that night could care less about our convenience and comfort. The next day we came back to find lotion on our comforter and the sheets hadn't been changed. At that point i was willing to pay extra money and go somewhere nice. I'm sure the street corner could've been nicer. We were beyond belief frustrated with our stay there. When we complained we got our parking fee taken care of. It was the worst hotel experience ever. When we return to California we will make sure we find a better hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A_NYC2
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The Clarion Hotel is absolutely wonderful. Yes the hotel is an older hotel, but the upkeep of the facilites is great. We had our church youth group stay at the Clarion for 2 nights. The rooms are clean and well kept and the staff from the front desk to the catering staff and the security were awesome! All of these people made you feel welcomed. The staff is like family, they take good care of you. We had breakfast catered for us each morning, and the food and the service was outstanding. When booking this hotel, the sales manager was so kind and outgoing and looking out for all our needs, and the needs were exceeded with excellence. I really give the Clarion high marks for their facilities and their staff. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business