“Luxury Accomodations at an Economy Price”

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #81 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Luxury Accomodations at an Economy Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our main concern when we came to Disneyland was being within walking distance of the hotel. We had originally wanted to book a different hotel but our agent steered us towards the Clarion and I'm so glad he did. The hotel was large but homey. The continental breakfast was great and even included Disney themed waffles that you can bake yourself. The staff was very helpful in helping us to secure shuttle passes for the days we didn't want to walk and also making sure our room was as expected. I kept telling my husband that I couldn't believe how nice the hotel was and how inexpensive. We had a small refrigerator that was perfect for accommodating my food because I have a lot of allergies and need to pack my own. I had read online that the refrigerator was small but it is the same as I have had in any hotel that offers a refrigerator and I didn't think it was small at all. The bed was clean and comfortable as was the room. The hotel was quiet even though they were hosting a youth group. I will always stay here from now on when I am visiting Disneyland...which is often!

Room Tip: I believe all of the rooms would be the same quality as our room...quiet, clean and roomy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oceangrlz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Seaside, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff were very very friendly and very helpful. Very kid friendly. ..nice pool area...dining room experience was great...staff treated us like we were apart of their family especially front desk attendant Charles Very close to everything. ..shopping..Disneyland...Knotts Berry Farm just few exits down freeway. Outlet shopping mall close by...everything accessible by shuttle bus or walking...room were clean and spacious and the view from the huge window was amazing as we were able to turn off lights and clearly have a great view of Disneyland Fireworks. ...I would recommend family and friends to stay here....also a big thank you to Emelys for getting us all checked in due to my reservation with expedia.com being messed up...she fixed quickly and got us into our room....good price. .good people..fun experience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank whiteprincesss
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Elizabeth for her AWESOME customer service. Whenever I had a question about the area she knew the answer. If you are in need, please ask Elizabeth. Now, as for the room. It was really nice. Elizabeth had us on the 5th floor and on our balcony we saw the fireworks from Disney each night. There were a few items that should have been fixed. Our rug in the room by the air conditioner was wet and the air conditioner itself was leaking water and formed a puddle out on the balcony. There were no chairs on the balcony and with such a great view we wished we could have sat there and watched the fireworks. We would go there again. Nothing is perfect and I believe its a great value.

Room Tip: Do your research. Never pay full price for a room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Heathernelson445
Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We wanted an economy hotel with reasonable access to the park and we got it! What we didn't plan on was tireless and affable service from the staff. We we particularly well cared for by Manuel, Arturo and Charlie at breakfast, lunch and dinner. While we didn't spend much time in the hotel it was clean and more than adequate for our needs and price range.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HappyTravelerfromWA
Oxnard, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

First of all, the location of this hotel is absolutely fantastic. Because of its location, my friends and I were able to enjoy the nightlife of the WonderCon/Disney Area and not have to wander too far off from this hotel.

Booking through WonderCon (or rather CCI) made the process easy and the $99 a night was unbelievable. Well, turned out to be true. Upon arriving, we were told that parking in the hotel lot is an additional $14 a night. That's right, even if you're booked in this very hotel, you will still be charged an additional $14 fee to park in the building's lot.

Secondly, the wi-fi service was very bad. I was attending WonderCon for both business and pleasure, being a reporter for a film website. The wi-fi connection only sometimes worked and when it did, it was only for a matter of minutes before it would entirely disconnect.

The cafe in the lobby area actually served pretty good breakfast and the price was not atrociously expensive or anything of that nature. Our room was very clean and the hotel overall was pretty quiet, a nice luxury after an all day even such as a convention.

In summary, the hotel was clean, service was great, and the in house food was good (prices were okay). But ultimately, the $14 fee for parking is pointless. They might as well have just tacked that on to the price and made the cost of the room $113 a night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank eduardovictory
Aldergrove, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. We had a "suite" on the top floor, beneath the roof-top air conditioning unit so it felt and sounded like a helicopter was landing on our ceiling constantly. The doorknob in the bathroom was broken and my daughter got stuck in the bathroom until my husband was able to use a screwdriver he found on the floor in the closet to get her out.

The sink was plugged throughout our stay, forcing us all to wash our hands and brush our teeth over the bathtub. We did advise the front desk multiple times about the state of the sink and they sent a staff member with a plunger once but he looked at it then said he was unable to do anything about it, without even trying and left.

Despite there being four in a room, we could never get more than two sets of towels, even though we phoned down to the desk every day.

The toilet paper holder in the bathroom was falling out of the wall, as was the towel rack. The carpet was stained and dirty, beds were hard.

All of our complaints were voiced to various front desk staff and nothing was every done about it, we were not able to move as the place was apparently full however when we checked out and the manager asked how we enjoyed our stay, and we told him, he asked why we hadn't complained sooner. He said there was nothing on our file - so none of the previous desk staff had ever recorded our complaints.
The only positive thing about the place was the view and the restaurant which served good food, fast and cheap. When we checked out and were asked about our stay, we reiterated all of our complaints and were told that we should have mentioned our problems sooner.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelAgentRobin
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a really old hotel which in and of itself doesn't make it bad. However, I slept with the AC cranked all night and still woke up sweating numerous times. There is no Wi-Fi to speak of at this hotel. If you have to work while you're here this is not the hotel for you.

Stayed July 2014