“Great Place for Disneyland”

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #78 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was our second time staying at the Clarion. It is a 30 minute walk to Disneyland. They have a buffet breakfast which is perfect before going to the park. In the evening, the bar serves food. We like the chicken tortilla soup. The front desk was very helpful with questions and services as well.

Room Tip: We got suite both times, the first because there were 4 of us. We were not tripping all over each o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank azsunrise
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

We are pleased to know that you had such a great stay, and we look forward to providing you with the same great service again in the future. Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

stayed here in november 2013 and vowed never again. had a particularly grungy room, average service, crap breakfast and vending machines that had minds of their own.

just spent a couple days there as the rate offered for 2 night last minute booking on hotel.com was too hard to pass up. started off excellent as when called in prior to arrival to ask a question, the girl was super friendly and helpful. she comped us parking making it even a better deal. we parked upon arrival at 8:30am but didn't check in until 6pm. the room wasn't quite as high a floor as we had hoped for but was cleaner than i recalled. the breakfast seems to have been vastly improved since november and the vending machines were instructed to stop stealing.

i tend to book on price and location when at disneyland as we are rarely in the hotel. the clarion at the right price is perfectly acceptable and this trip nicely offset our first one.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I am very happy to hear that you gave us another chance, thank you very much. We are pleased to hear that it was better than the last and can assure you that your next stay will be even better. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been working in the tour/hotel/conventions industry in Hawaii and California for the past 30 years; I thought this property worked well for my son's middle school choir from Kauai, which stayed in the hotel from Friday, 3/14/14 - Wednesday, 3/20/14. Our group was assigned to the lower floors--perfect for middle school kids who might tend to play w/elevator buttons, at the inconvenience of other guests. When we checked out, we were allowed the convenience of storing our luggage in a banquet room until the bus came to pick us up @ 3p for a shuttle to LAX. As for the rooms, the bathroom was small, did not have an air vent, and the shower temp/pressure was inconsistent; the beds and pillows were ok; the rooms were kept clean--even the carpets, an important factor for my son's asthma; towels were re-supplied daily; coffee maker was a small, one-cup server, but convenient; I'm glad I brought my own coffee/creamer... I reeeeally loved the "to go" cups. I liked the size of the hotel/property; it wasn't large, so we didn't have to walk far to get to/from our rooms, laundry facilities, lobby, front entrance, etc., and with (3) elevators, we didn't have to wait very long, like at some properties in Hawaii. The walk to Disney wasn't bad, especially since there were convenient places/reasonable prices along the way, for eating, souvenir shopping, and bottled water for 99cents (IHOP, 711, Fast Food Plaza, etc.) -- I finally discovered the Toy Story parking lot nearby, where we could catch the free shuttle To/From Disney. My friend had driven from San Diego to spend a day @ Disney with us; she was able to park at the hotel--I only wish I knew she would be charged regular fees ($20+), or I would have registered her car for the $14 rate offered to hotel guests. Free Wi-Fi for internet connection was highly appreciated. The service was "fairly friendly" by mainland standards... but I'm used to the "Aloha Spirit" typical of service in Hawaii--where workers are required to greet guests with eye contact and a smile. I did appreciate that my questions were always answered informatively, and not one employee ever "passed the buck". All in all, I was satisfied with the Clarion Anaheim; it worked well for our School Group.

Room Tip: our 2nd flr. room (no balcony) overlooked the roof--we weren't there for the view; I really appr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your kind words energize our staff. We look forward to having your group stay with us again. Aloha!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was my 4th time staying at different hotels for an event at the Convention Center, and I've finally found the hotel I will now use each time I come to Anaheim! It was within an easy walking distance, the staff were all very friendly & helpful, and it was quiet & clean. Stayed 2 nights with 2 friends in a room with 2 double beds & pull-out sofabed. Extra charge for the 3rd adult. All staff smiled and were personable at each interaction, but Celia at the Front Desk was especially helpful with juggling 3 people arriving and/or leaving at different times.

We were on the top floor, nice view. I never heard any neighbors. The rooms could use an update, the bathroom was a little small, there was inconsistency in the water temperature in the shower, and the toilet was inefficient. Free Wi-Fi, refrigerator and microwave in the room. I did not use the pool, spa, business center or fitness room. There is a fee to use the room safe. It wasn't the least expensive hotel in the Disneyland area (all more expensive in this area in general), but I got a good deal via a travel website, and I've stayed in cheaper hotels and regretted them.

We had to pay extra for parking, but they let me park early before check-in and leave long after check-out, with in-and-out privileges. I left my car there for 3 days but only had to pay for 2 nights, so it ended up being much cheaper than paying for 3 days of parking at the Center. Disneyland would be a bit of a walk, but you're near the Toy Story parking lot and I'm told you can pick up a shuttle there.

Breakfast was not included, but there is a cafe (choice between a menu or the buffet). The hot breakfast buffet was small but sufficient - cereal, oatmeal, fruit, pastries, waffles, eggs, potatoes and a meat. The wait staff was attentive. I did not eat there for lunch or dinner. I went to the happy hour at the hotel bar, which was reasonably priced.

Overall I was very satisfied with the overall value for the price I paid, especially in the Disneyland area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

We truly appreciate your kind review and I am happy to hear that you such a great stay. Please call us anytime you need another relaxing weekend away.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Clarion in Anaheim, CA. We chose it because of its location to the Convention Center. Customer service was really lacking there. We never knew when the restaurant would be open, there was zero information in our room about the hotel or it's services. It is in a great location and I hope it gets new management and updates before next year's convention. Very disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are under going room renovations starting this week and this includes our guest directories. I apologize that we didn't have the information ready during your stay. We do hope that you will give us another try to see our improvements. Again, thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

It's not enough that the hotel is far from inexpensive, you'll have to pay more for the parking (although it was rather empty), for a crappy breakfast (with terrible service) and listen to that - for the safe in your room!!!
Water in the shower where inconsistent in pressure and you need to take in consideration the occasional burn from irregular temps
The fitness center is below standard
And as for the elevators - long wait, and you cannot tell if it's going up or down.
Only plus - close to the convention center.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonny1971

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our Hotel. We appreciate hearing your thoughts and your suggestions. This will assist us when evaluating our guest’s needs and expectations. I have shared your comments with our staff. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed there this past week for a quick four night stay prior to going to Vietnam.

The room was a decent size for a family of five. The room had two double beds and a small pull out bed on the couch. A downfall is the small bathroom, the toilet and tub barely fit in the room making the closing of the door a bit awkward.

The elevator could be slow at times but never to the point that the stairs would be a better option.

We never ate in the restaurant so can't comment on that.

Unfortunately, it wasn't until our third day that we figured out the Anaheim Resort Transit. It was $19 a day for our family of five and was efficient. My only complaint was how far the hotel is from Disneyland, we are used to staying at the Park Vue but it wasn't available on such short notice.

All in all it was a decent stay and I would recommend it for users looking to stay there.

Room Tip: Great for the price! Definitely utilize the transit system to save yourself from cranky children.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family