“Business yeah! Family trip? mmmm...”

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #82 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Mexico City, Mexico
“Business yeah! Family trip? mmmm...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

As always, where is it:

LATITUD: 33°47'56.76"N
LONGITUD: 117°54'58.19"O

This is a nice hotel "near" Disneynald. It is really old but it is well cared so it does not show the age. You may think it is near from disney BUT the main gates are about 1.42km (0.88 miles) away so is not that close. There is public transportation but 99% of tourist walk their way to the parks.

The GOOD!

- It is "near" the Disney parks, however there are some other hotels at lower price and closer
- It looks kind of fancy and you feel you ar in a 5 star or more hotel
- The staff is efficient and kind
- Allways hot water
- Never had a problem with stolen goods or bad room service
- It has a tiny business room with free internet with 2 computers at reasonable speed.
- It is an old hotel but they manage to keep it in good condition
- The Anaheim Convention Center is a few steps away
- Close to the Anaheim Angelines Stadium
- Close to the Orange Outlets

The BAD

- I have stayed at RESORTS in USA and MEXICO and let me tell you: This is NOT a resort.
- It is a realy old hotel
- The architecture is from the 70´s or so
- Slow elevators
- Slow wifi
- Crowded wifi, sometimes no signal
- It is 1.42km (0.88 miles) from the parks
- Only one restaurant (expensive) nearby
- A 7 eleven 500 meters away, always crowded with people going in to the parks
- The basic price is not cheap but not so expensive
- Any amenities and/or extra services will cost you
- Extra bed +$
- Parking lot ++$
- Breakfast +++$

This is not the Hotel I would recomend for family trip... it is more like a business low profile on a budget day... you know?

Room Tip: Business trip... go ahead. Family trip? Look otherwise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Rocklin, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We go to Disneyland every year and like to stay at a different place to get the best values. I got a rate of $71 per night which aligned with my experience.

Pros:
Cost
Location-right across from Toy Story Lot which we take rather than ART so you save $$ there
Always had hot water
It was clean
Sleep quality was there
Easy check-in/check-out

Cons:
Bathroom area was so small you could hurt yourself. It was the size of an airplane bathroom and that's no exaggeration. There was so much wasted space that could have been utilized for the bathroom.
Sorely in need of an upgrade! Seriously, had yellow tile in bathtub that I'm sure was original (cracked and caulked over and over and over).
The breakfast was the worst I've ever had. I paid $10 for hot buffet. It was freezed dried eggs (reheated), inedible sausage, see through bacon, no yogurt, waffles, cereal and packaged small danish. I know you get free breakfast with getawaytoday package but won't eat the food if it were free it was that bad!
There is no pride of ownership here! Even the toiletries were horrible!

If you want an economical place with a clean place to rest your head, then you found it. If you're looking for anything else, keep looking.

Room Tip: Ask for end of hall where it's more quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
La Cala de Mijas, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I booked four nights at the Clarion for a convention. It was an excellent value for the cost. I requested minimal care, since I don't like to have a towel whisked away as soon as I touch it, as if I had cooties. I'm an environmentalist and like to save on laundry and supply costs, monetarily and time wise. I also like the idea of keeping costs and fees down for the hotel. I spoke with Evangelina, the housekeeper, and the front desk. My wishes were honored. It made me feel at home. On the third day of my stay I got a message from my husband that his best friend had died suddenly. I immediately packed and checked out in the early afternoon. The receptionist was a tall, dark and handsome man who was also empathetic and kind. I was not charged for the day even though check out was late. I am very grateful for such thoughtful policies and service. It makes me feel like home.

Room Tip: Visit the Clarion Anaheim
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Do N
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We agree that our entire staff work hard to make each guest's stay remarkable, one guest at a time. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your kind words energize our staff.
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel Dec 4th through the 7th. it was ok. The room was a "suite" 2 full size beds and a fold out couch. The hotel is definitely showing its age and in desperate need of updating. I cant say it was bad but cant say it was wonderful. The front desk staff was very nice and incredibly helpful. The rooms were clean.
Would we stay here again.. probably not .. for the amount of money we spent there after the daily parking fee and having to buy breakfast ..for a couple bucks more per night we would have been able to stay at a better hotel that offered a free daily breakfast. If you are looking for a place with no frills to lay your head.. this would fit the bill but be aware you can probably find the same thing else where with a hotel that may give you a little more bang for your buck.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa R
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Anaheim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel was next to the one where my Christmas party was and cheaper to boot. When we asked for more coffee, the employee at the desk was very friendly as were the ones who handled my check-in and check-out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We are all so proud of the effort our staff makes each and every day. Your kind words will go a long way to keep our team motivated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Dearborn, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

A bit old but the room was ok and clean. The windows were too thin since we could hear a freeway that was a mile away. The pool was clean and had good hours. Parking was an extra $14.00 per day (thankfully we're Choice hotel Gold members so it was complimentary for us.) The standard Choice hotel breakfast, which is normally free, cost $9.00. Not many breakfast options within walking distance. Disney is about a half-mile walk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James R
mike t, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and really appreciate your patronage as an Elite Gold member. Please call us anytime you need another relaxing weekend away.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

A standard quality for a Clarion hotel. The building is pretty old but it's only reflected by some details. The elevators on the other hand are going to be your daily nightmare: they seem to never be available when you try to call one! ;)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the kind review. We are happy that you enhoyed your stay. I apologize that the elevators were running a little slower than normal and I have shared your comment with our Chief Engineer. Please contact our reservations department when you are ready for another get away,