“Not bad for a trip to Disneyland”

Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort
Ranked #73 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We booked our trip through GetAwayToday.com and ended up with this hotel because it was significantly cheaper than the other options. It's pretty close to the front gates of Disneyland and various places to eat. Since we didn't have a car for our trip we were limited to restaraunts within walking distance and were surprised to find quite a few. Mcdonalds is right around the corner for cheap eats and places like Tony Roma's is also pretty close for higher end dining. The hotel itself isn't anything special but it was clean and the staff was friendly. Since we weren't going to be in the room much it worked out fine for our needs. Their breakfast was pretty standard for a hotel of this type with waffles, yogurt, cereal, etc. This worked out well since eating at Disneyland would have been ridiculously expensive. I would recommend this property for a Disneyland trip for the close walk to the park and the value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Adam99354
QIManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Anaheim. We appreciate all your wonderful comments on our location, the cleanliness of the hotel, and the friendliness of our staff. We value your feedback and are pleased to read that you would recommend our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

No, it's not a 5 star hotel, but it's hotel class is rated similar to other hotels in the area. I've stayed at several of the hotels right on Harbor Blvd across from Disney's main walk in gate and my experience at the Quality Inn beats all others hands down! It was so worth walking an extra block to receive fantastic service and nice accommodations. The hotel is located directly behind the McDonalds and Fairfield Inn, but to access it you must walk to the corner between Mimi's and the Howard Johnson's Hotel and down that block. It's about 2 minutes further than the HoJo. The Quality Inn is definitely a 5 star in value.

The rooms were on the small side, but clean and comfortable with extra amenities like refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, safe, iron and ironing board The bed was very comfy and extra pillows were provided. The room looked exactly like the photos on their website (no surprises). The hotel staff was extremely friendly and their hospitality superior to what I have experienced from others in the area. The breakfast was more than continental with a selection which included hot waffles, cold cereals, yogurt, juices, hard boiled eggs, breads, pastries, coffee, tea, etc. Coffee and tea were also available 24 hours in the main lobby.

The hotel was packed full while we were there, yet it was not at all noisy. I never heard any noise from the highway only yards aways. In fact, the other hotels I stayed at right on Harbor Blvd were much noisier until very late at night with tourists roaming the streets. The Quality Inn was a bit more secluded from the tourist traffic, yet we felt perfectly safe walking back to the hotel even very late at night.

Overall I very much enjoyed my stay. Thank you so much to the wonderful hotel staff who were accommodating in every way they could. I will not stay any where else when I return to Disneyland in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank The_organizer
QIManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful things you experienced during your recent stay with us and completing the on line review of our property.
Our principal goal is to provide dependable service to all our guests at reasonable prices and we are just so delighted to hear that we met your expectations.
We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have stayed at 5 different hotels in this area, this one is better than a couple of them closer to Disneyland. We stayed 6 nights Sunday through Friday nights. I read through the reviews prior to placing a reservation but my daughter's friend made the referral so we decided to try it, plus it had a Continental Breakfast.

I found they had corrected items mentioned in some of the reviews like small poor pillows (they added one large one to each bed) and unsecured windows (they added an interior locking device). I found the room to be sufficient for 1-2 short people because they are very small, (the bathroom uncomfortably small) and the double beds do not accommodate a person who is more than 5'8" (my 6 foot son-in-law was hanging off the end) however the memory foam mattress was comfortable and the linen was clean. Maid service was good until the 4th day. They did accommodate the adjoining rooms we requested but my daughter had to move some of the furniture to my room so they would have space for the pak 'n' play crib, they were very crowded with their 2 small kids.

Even though the room was newly remodeled and had everything you needed there just was not enough space. I had to re-organize the cart area where the coffee pot, microwave and refrigerator is just so I could use it. Had to move items to the closet shelf, move the ironing board back to the corner so I could hang some clothes up, the space for the suitcase was too small for regular luggage but would be okay for a carry-on and there was a safe I didn't use.

The bathroom was nice, had everything you needed except the toilet paper was literally in my armpit. They had a nice rounded out shower curtain rod but when the curtain was wet it was clinging onto your other arm while using the toilet and any wet towels hung up on the rod were hitting you in the head. They have a sign saying leave towels you need replaced on the floor, hang-up others.

We requested a room away from the freeway and got one about in the middle but on the end, I could still hear the freeway but left the bathroom fan on at night to muffle it, the A/C unit was too loud to leave on, mine did not have a heat selection and it got chilly at night, there were no extra blankets, so I used the other bedspread (not using the 2nd bed).

The breakfast was minimal (boiled eggs, toast, waffles, yogurt, muffins, fruit) and tiresome by the third day. The milk and juice cups were 2-3 oz. so I would fill a coffee cup. It IS a long way to walk to Disneyland for small kids and older folks especially the walk back after all day at the park. The adjoining properties have fenced it off so there was no cutting through as I expected we could do and no shuttle available.

The property is nice except every morning staff was out early blowing the leaves from one side of the parking lot to the other (however never picking them up and disposing of them, just blowing them back and forth (job security I guess)) and banging the carts as they watched anxiously to see when we would leave, sometimes entering the room while we were at breakfast. This is where I have a severe complaint that needs to be addressed. The maid service was good until Wednesday, coffee was replaced, trash emptied, bed made, soaps and towels replaced (shampoo/conditioner is supplied but very Very small (1Tablespoon container), bring your own) and not replaced. Thursday we locked up and left after breakfast. We got back very late. My son-in-law walked up to my door and pushed it open with his foot. Someone had come, unlocked the door and left it open the entire day. The room was not clean and nothing was replenished. I called the front desk and they apologized for that happening, gave no excuses and said to let them know if anything was missing.

I was ready to give them a 4 star rating until that happened. Security means the world to me especially when I am traveling. I am a compulsive door locker so I know it was locked. Luckily they were disappointed as I brought only cash and one credit card and I carried them with me, the only drugs they found were aspirin and Tylenol. Friday they did not come in at all to clean empty trash, make beds or replace anything. I usually leave a tip because after working at a resort I know how hard these jobs are. Sorry to say they didn't get a tip. I won't stay there again, I have stayed at Howard Johnson at the end of Manchester closer to Disneyland at least 5 times, I prefer that to any of them and it is considered far from Disneyland too however they have the ART shuttle that comes to their door, Quality Inn does not even have that option. I doubt I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for Queen Beds if they have them, a room away from the freeway, bring your own shampoo.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Sanah54
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I always stay at this Inn when I visit Disneyland. The rooms are clean, it is a great location, easy to get around, and the staff is always kind and very helpful. Alfred and David are great help and very nice.

Room Tip: all rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Cara R
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The staff here are very friendly and helpful all the time which is the biggest selling point of this hotel. The rooms are always nice and clean, the parking are safe, and the location is very convenient to Disneyland. This hotel is easy to find and we've had a best experiences again here. So far this is still the best choice hotels we've ever stayed.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Red C
Reviewed January 25, 2014

As others have said, this is a nice hotel within walking distance of Disney. The room we had was on the freeway side but after spending all day at the parks, we hardly noticed the noise of the cars. We checked the breakfast out but there wasnt much to it. We walked to mcds on the way to the parks and that worked out fine. Staff was very nice. We didnt utilize the maid service because we were only here a couple of days. Very easy to get on and off I 5 from here.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This hotel is with-in walking distance to Disney Land. It is quant and has nice landscaping. The complimentary breakfast has everything you need. It is lacking in customer service. Our first room was right beside the freeway, it was very noisy. We did upgrade our room to an inside quieter room aft. The first night for an additional charge. The first room had cockroaches in the room which we told the front desk about....we didn't have to pay extra for them LOL.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com