“Patricia is Great!”

Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort
Ranked #71 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Patricia is Great!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Friendly front desk help! Nice for the price! It is very close to Disneyland. We were able to walk to the theme parks and get back very quickly to rest. Many different places to eat right down the road. We were able to leave our car as we were at the park which was nice.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ggg345vg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Modesto, California
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This review will be long, but I hope you will read through it so you can understand the full (terrible!) experience that we had at this hotel. I usually stay at another hotel in the area when I travel to the Disneyland (which is, on average, every other month,) but unfortunately was not able to get a room at that one for this trip. I booked this hotel through Priceline, and was extremely disappointed with the experience (not with Priceline, but with the hotel itself.)
At check-in, I was told I had to pay $23 for resort fees and parking for the two nights we were going to be staying there. This seemed insane to me, but I coughed up the cash and we proceeded to our room.
As many others have said, the room is tiny. It HAS been remodeled and at least LOOKS decent, at first glance. So although my first impression was soured by the extra fees we had to pay, once I saw the room I decided to have an open mind. And for two people, for two days, I thought it would be okay. Unfortunately, the experience got worse and worse.
The bed was supposedly a "Queen" bed, but it was really closer to full-sized. Although the room seemed okay at first glance, it quickly became clear that it wasn't all that clean. We found a hair on the sheets that didn't belong to either one of us, and another one in the shower... again, not belonging to either one of us. When we returned to our room after a day at Disneyland, we discovered that the maintenance staff had left behind a dirty cleaning rag on the floor of our bathroom.
Breakfast was a sad affair. I have had much better continental breakfasts at other comparable hotels. This one served English muffins, gross pastries, waffles made out of waffle batter that smelled slightly sour, and oranges that weren't ripe. Breakfast was also where we had our second encounter with rude staff- this time, it was the young lady attending to breakfast, who jostled my friend away from the counter where she was toasting her English muffin so that she could replenish the un-ripened oranges. There was nowhere else for my friend to go, as the room was small, cramped, crowded and HOT.
Before we checked out, I had the idea of calling the hotel to pretend to be a new customer, and asked what the price would be for a room for that night for two people, and what the price included (i.e. parking, WiFi, etc.) I was told that the room would be $73 and included WiFi and a continental breakfast, and that parking was $5.95/night. There was no mention of resort fees. When I went to check out, I was armed with this info.
I asked the attendant at the front desk to review the fees I had been charged at check-in and told her that when I called a few minutes prior, there had been no mention of resort fees and that parking was only $5.95 instead of the $10 she tried to tell me it was. Then she blamed ME for the resort fees, saying that it was my fault for "booking through a third party." I'm sorry- if you don't want the business from the 3rd party, then DON'T ADVERTISE ON IT. She also tried to tell me I should be grateful that we got the room for $65 instead of the $110 they go for. NOT TRUE! Not only was this attendant (Patricia) incredibly rude, she was a LIAR.
I stormed out, saying that I would never go back and that I would be sure to give them a terrible review on the internet. So Patricia, I hope you're happy! You have now gotten your terrible review on several sites. Don't do business with this hotel!
Oh- and as for "walking distance to Disneyland." It is walking distance, but it will be a 15 minute walk, and likely longer on your way back that evening, when you're tired, hot, and sweaty from walking around Disney all day. So even location does not make this hotel worth it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
9 Thank Kristen P
QIManagement, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy about the resort and parking fee. You mentioned that you made your reservation through Priceline. In making a reservation on their website, there is a review important information page that explains our resort fee and parking fee that you must read, accept and agree to proceed the reservation. We apologize for our staff if she failed to clearly explain the difference between the reservation made direct to us and the reservation through an online third party company. Please call us if you have any further concern.

Please give us a chance on your next visit in Anaheim. Thank you again.

Best regards,
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here when we went to Los Angeles for a holiday, with a lot of our activities being based in or around Anaheim. It was the first time we stayed here and the room was clean and tidy, if a little bit smaller than we were used to.
We were in room 3216 about 2 blocks from the freeway and we did find it a little noisy although it didnt keep us up. Its only about a 10 min walk to Disneyland and also the main transit point for the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) routes which are a great way of getting around Anaheim. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and a small shopping centre within about a 15 min walk too.
Breakfast was very disappointing. It was free with the room so we didnt expect too much but if your looking for a tasty healthy breakfast, this is not the place. There was a limited selection of fruit that tasted old, cardboard cereal and toast with only two spreads to choose from. However if you are looking for waffles, donuts and danishs you wont have a problem.
Staff were friendly and helpful, and the resort has free wi-fi which we found very helpful. The airconditioner works great but is very noisy so dont forget to turn it on before you leave. There is also an awesome view of the fireworks at Disneyland from the balcony outside the rooms, which was even more appreciated as we didnt get to see them at Disneyland.
Overall, if you are looking for somewhere with a good price that is tidy, comfortable and clean, this place is great. If you are looking for luxury accommodation you are in the wrong place.

Room Tip: The further away from the freeway the better :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holly M
Anaheim, California, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was an AWESOME experience. We thought we would enjoy Disneyland, nut we didn't expect to have such a good time at the hotel as well. Usually the hotels around the attraction parks are just tourist traps. NOT THIS ONE.

First of all the staff was very friendly. The place was clean, and we felt like home. The room had everything one would expect from a top brand hotel.

An excellent value for the money. Quality is not just in their name, but is their business.

The breakfast was just what we needed. It got us going for the day, and again made us feel just like home. The kids didn't think it was any different than the one mom makes at home.

And of course, the proximity to Disneyland made everything even better. Just being able to crash into our beds after an exhausting day at the park, so quickly...priceless

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pinole, California, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is one of the hotels that my family and I stay at the most. Its just right across the street from Disney Land and is around some pretty good restaurants to eat after a day at the park. Lets start with the room, the room is somewhat small, but it is really nice and clean. If going with a big family, I would advise to book two rooms so nobody has to sleep on the floor. The beds are quite comfortable and the bathroom as well. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs, the complimentary breakfast that they provide is OK, I mean if you want to have a full breakfast I would just go to Denny's, but hey it certainly can save a few bucks. This a good hotel, because it is just right there across from Disneyland, and only takes a few minutes to get there. If one of your party members becomes sicks (which I hope doesn't happen) you can just walk back to your hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here because the price was right, the hotel looked unique and quaint online, and it was within walking distance to Disney. The only thing going for this place was its O.K. proximity to Disneyland. Service at the front desk was glacially slow. The continental breakfast was a joke. The waffle batter was disgusting. The juice machine was broken and overflowing onto the floor. There were very few other food options. The worst part of it all was sleeping at night. We were in a room on the ground floor. We had drunk, imbeciles banging on our door and trying to open it on the first night. That will certainly startle someone awake and make it difficult to get back to sleep. The walls are paper thin from room to room. You can hear everyone walking above you on the upper floor. The plumbing was so loud it was impossible to hear the TV or SLEEP! We hoped people would not flush the toilet or have a shower but more realistically we hoped the guests staying in whatever rooms the plumbing noises were coming from would check out before we did. Worst experience ever!

On the positive side, we walked to Disneyland and we walked to Denny's (across from Disney entrance) without any troubles. There is a variety store on site with necessities and some Disney paraphernalia that is the same as what is sold in the park but for much less money. The highway and gas station are close by when you are ready to burn rubber out of the parking lot of that craphole!

Room Tip: A room in a different hotel would be your best bet!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Alysha C
QIManagement, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you very much for stopping by to share your experience. We appreciate your feedback and very happy that you appreciate the proximity our property from Disneyland. We are extremely apologetic that you had to deal with excess noise while you were here and that noise limited your ability to rest and fully enjoy your stay. We would like to assure you and potential guests, however, that we do have our front desk staff on site working 24 hours per day to help our guests. Again, we apologize that noise was unable to be contained. We will also share your review with our maintenance supervisors so they are aware of the plumbing issues you experienced. We are glad to share with you that the issues you encountered in our breakfast room during your stay were already fixed. While your experience with us was disappointing for you, it is also disappointing for us to hear all of the challenges you faced. We assure you that this type of experience is not typical. We hope you would reconsider staying with us in the future and to give you the experience you deserve.

Best Regards,
Orem, Utah, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times, mostly when it was just my wife and I. In that case it wasn't bad. The rooms are tiny. Like really tiny. Even if it says you can have up to 4 people in it, good luck. It's going to be the most cramped stay you've ever had.

The free breakfast here is alright. It's right in the middle of rooms and you can eat outside. Typical continental breakfast: pastries, okay fruit and juices, and toast. Not much else to talk about.

The location is okay for the money you pay. It's about a 10 min walk from the hotel to the entrance of Disneyland (property, not gate). When you're already tired it's right there on being a dreaded walk.

The service is usually good. I've never had a problem requesting any kind of extra amenity. Staff at front desk is nice too.

Overall, for your money, there are better places to stay for the same price. Try the Desert Inn and Suites. Great rates and right across the street. If everything is booked up except this place, it's not a bad option.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank disneyland1955
Thank you very much for choosing Anaheim Quality Inn & Suites. We appreciate your sincere feedback regarding our property and are happy to share with you that we are in the process of addressing the points that you mentioned so that we can enhance our guest experience all together. Thank you so much for pointing out our usual good customer service including front desk staff nice service. We know how important that is to our guests, so your positive notes will definitely be shared with the them.

Again, thank you very much for choosing Anaheim Quality Inn & Suites and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best regards,