“Nice, convenient hotel, close to Disneyland”

Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort
Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 19, 2012

They say "location, location, location" and that was a big plus for us in choosing this hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the Main Gate to Disneyland was somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes away, at a leisurely stroll. The beds were comfortable, breakfast was delicious, and we enjoyed the fridge, microwave and somewhat extensive TV channels. Our very first impression was a bit amiss, as we were met with a photocopied sign pointing to the "Office" which was a less-than-impressive small room with make-shift desks and wires running every which way. Turns out it was the temporary office, but a sign saying "Temporary Office" would have been a better first impression. They are remodeling, so the regular office and some rooms were unavailable. Staff was very friendly, professional, forthcoming. Tickets to Disneyland or California Adventure are a bit cheaper through the hotel than on line. The kids had a blast in the pool. Our favorite moment was stepping outside our room and watching the Disney fireworks show...fun!

3  Thank letshike
QIManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for completing the online review for our property. We're glad to hear that our accommodations and amenities were perfect for your whole family! As you mentioned, we are a short walk to the Park, as well as centrally located to shops and several restaurants in the area. We do hope to see you soon on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The only good thing I have to say is that the microwave & mini-fridge are convenient, though the fridge leaked water.

The rooms are so small that there is no room to open more than one suitcase. The TV is old tube-style. Window curtain does not pull closed all the way. Bedcover, bedskirt, and carpets were old and looked grubby but the comforter itself seemed newer and fairly clean. Both chairs were disgustingly dirty and stained.

The lobby of the hotel was being remodeled while we were there. The quality of the rooms is definitely no more than two-star. While located fairly close to Disneyland, the distance is not quite close enough to charge their high prices. It's not a safe walk at night after the park closes.
The breakfast closes promptly at 9:30. No doubt the staff are instructed to close and lock the doors at 9:30, but I doubt they are instructed to pull the doors from guests' hands while they are holding scalding hot coffee on their way out at 9:31 (at least, I hope not). As you can guess, this happened to me. I have stayed at *many* quality & comfort inns and was allowed to finish eating the breakfast in front of me.

I won't go back unless I'm completely desperate.

Room Tip: Next to I-5: bring earplugs.
1  Thank CowGirlCA

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for not meeting your expectations and for any inconvenience you went through while staying at the hotel. The hotel is currently being renovated to give our guests a better experience, along with upgrading our amenities - changing our TVs, mattresses, and carpets. We hope you give us another chance and allow us to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel exceeded my whole family's expectations when it comes to their great service. All the staff from the front desk were very nice and accommodating all throughout our 3 nights stay. Housekeeping cleaned the room perfectly and the maintenance came so quick when I called the front desk to assist me to use the room safe. Their breakfast was enough to kickoff our day to go to Disneyland which was just a 10 minute walk. Four hours after we checked out, I realized I left my ipod in the room. I called and spoke to Ruby in the front desk about my ipod left in the room. She immediately called the housekeeping supervisor and confirmed that they found it. I will definitely come back to this hotel and recommend to my friends and relatives. Along their great service is a great price too!

Room Tip: Call the hotel ahead of time for your specific request.
3  Thank Steve S

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the Anaheim area and for taking the time to complete the review on our property. We appreciate your compliments on our quick and efficient customer service and are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location. We value your feedback and appreciate your compliments and do hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a very good choice for the budget minded traveler that is within a 15 minute walk of the main turnstiles of Disneyland. it is a basic two story motor hotel, with plenty of parking, nice basic continental breakfast and basic rooms. No frills but great prices and a great location. Also very conveniently located off interstate 5.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank sunsetbeachgal
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Although there were mixed comments about this Quality Inn, we decided to try it. It was exactly what were expecting, maybe better. The staff at check-in were very nice and helpful. Our room was very clean, with a microwave, fridge and safe. We took the advice of other reviewers and asked for a room near the back, and on the inner courtyard, so didn't hear the fwy noise at all. The breakfast was in a nice room, with tables outside as well. It's an upgraded continental, with make-your-own waffles (very good) and hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, plus all the normal cold cereal, pasteries, etc. We thought it was good. We paid $2/day for parking.

I'm writing this mainly because I feel that most reviews come from those of us that are unhappy with our stays. Those of us that are happy tend to forget about writing one. I'm sure people may have had bad experiences here, but we didn't! My advice is know what you're booking. This is a two star motel, with a two star price. Don't expect the Hyatt, people! What you'll get is a very basic, but clean place to stay with a helpful staff.

My only gripe is that they advertise it as "across the street from Disneyland". This is not exactly true. It's about a block and a half away from the entrance, around the corner - on another street. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the entrance. Not a big deal, but if you don't look at the map carefully, you won't see this.

Room Tip: A room near the back, and/or on the inner courtyard, will reduce the fwy noise..
1  Thank KnighIinCA

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review of our hotel. We appreciate all the kind comments on our room, breakfast and staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Anaheim area.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We don't have anything good to say about this hotel except that it was a blessing you spend most of your time at Disneyland and minimal time at the hotel. It was dirty, there was make-up on our bathroom cloths, sometimes they didn't leave any cloths and rarely did they leave 4 bath towels, there are 4 of us. Every day we would come back the air conditioning was turned off making our room into a sauna, to the point where our bedding was actually wet when we pulled back the blankets, we had to sleep in our clothes. It was very noisy in the morning, the staff started cleaning the minute it was daylight, yelling back and forth to each other across the court yard, talking very loud and using a leaf blower or something of the sort. 2 days the milk was rotten at the continental breakfast, when we mentioned it to the staff they did nothing about it, and I'm talking spoiled so bad you couldn't even swallow it. I left my one and only pin on the table, I didn't want to wear it and lose it so I left it in the hotel, we came back that night to have it gone. We searched everything and everywhere for days, we even lifted up furniture and checked the garbage, nothing. When I asked the staff about it they insisted I lost it, that their staff had nothing to do with it and that all their staff were trustworthy. That may be the case, but the pin could have been knocked to the floor and sucked up in the vacuum, they told me it was my loss and they would not do anything about it. Granted it was only a $8 pin, but it was a gift and we had to replace it. We do not recommend this hotel and feel very ripped off.

4  Thank Tammy J
QIManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Joe Ran, Guest Services

Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the moment we arrived to this hotel to the moment we left, i was extremely dissatisfied. Upon arrival the woman at the front desk was incredibly rude, the map to find our room was hard to read, the bed had a very thin sheet and horribly rough blanket, the bathroom was ridiculously small, I was kept up by the I-5 traffic all night, the bathtub and sink were covered in someone else's thick black hair and were obviously not cleaned well, the coffee maker did not work, the refrigerator was not kept in place well so when i opened it to put food inside it fell over and I was greeted by FLEAS on the wall as I dried my hair. If all of that wasn't enough to guarantee never coming back, as we entered the lobby to check out all of the staff was having a party in the back room. They were all yelling and taking pictures so we had to literally scream so someone could hear us over their partying and come to the front desk. Mind you, this was at 9:30am when check out is at 10:00am so it's not like we were there at an odd time. When someone finally heard us, he showed his obvious annoyance with us disturbing him. Not only was this man rude to us at this point but he had a serious lack of personal hygiene as well. If i was the manager at this hotel i would be appalled with my staff coming to work looking the way that man did. I have stayed at some pretty awful hotels but this one is at the top of my list.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side of the freeway. But if you want a good room...go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie H

I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at
our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time
to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel
is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities,
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how