1) The front desk area provided complimentary water, fruit, delicious cookies, and Halloween candy.
2) The hotel staff gave us access to their complimentary parking facility, access to the swiming pool, etc. upon early arrival.
3) Upon check-in, a front desk staff member gave my baby a balloon we could tie to her stroller.
4) Upon departing, another front desk staff member gave my baby a small cute trick-or-treat pail filled with little goodies.
1) I booked a king-size bed room with a jacuzzi. Upon entering the room, we noticed a gift basket filled with assorted fruit, wine, and water. We noticed a note communicating that we can trade the wine for apple cider upon request. This was perfect for no one in my family drinks alcoholic beverages.
2) The room was spacious. Plenty of room for my baby's stroller and numerous baggage.
3) I appreciated the two sink locations (one in and outside of the bathroom).
4) Extra toiletries were placed in both sink locations.
5) The room also came with extra towels, a microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, a "cold" refrigerator, and a flat screen TV.
LOCATION AND AMENITIES:
1) The inn is located directly across the street (within walking distance) from the Disneyland/California Adventure Park entrance. We saved money on parking fees.
2) Swiming pool and jacuzzi.
3) The inn offers compliementary hot/cold breakfast and an evening "social time" when they serve a light (but filling) snack/drinks.
4) Gift shop and "Cold Stone" ice cream parlor on the ground floor.
5) IHOP and Captain Kidd's Restaurant is right next door.
WHAT WE LIKED BEST:
Very convenient location, complimentary hot/cold breakfast and social time, gift/fruit basket, courteous staff, "feeling" welcomed, "quiet" signs throughout the external hallways, ability to watch the Disneyland fireworks from your hotel room.
WHAT WE LIKED LEAST:
1) No elevators. Though only 2 stories high, my husband had to carry our baggage and stroller up a fight of stairs. Since I informed the staff about traveling with an infant, I assumed they would accommodate us on the first floor. I'll be sure to request a room on the ground floor next time.
2) There's a narrow section of the hallway on the 2nd level where it's difficult to pass if you have a stroller and a housekeeping cart baracading the way.
3) I wish the breakfast/social time room had carrying trays. It's a little difficult to "get up and go" at a whim with a toddler so I had to carry separate plates to our room while my husband remained in the room to watch our baby. I didn't have the energy to go back 'n forth. Carrying trays would also be convenient (to take back to your room) if there was limited seating capacity indoors during cold/rainy weather, no more available seats indoors or at the outdoor patio, etc.
Overall, we were SO pleased with the Park Vue Inn. Convenient location, courteous staff and hospitality. Hospitality you typically encounter when you stay in a 5 star hotel. We were happy to stay at this inn and we sincerely thank the staff for making us "feel" welcomed. My daughter is only 14 months old and has already been to Disneyland 7 times in 2010. This IS the hotel we will stay in for our future Disneyland visits. I only wish I found this inn sooner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With our direct access to the Disneyland(R) Resort, our hotel offers a stress-free stay that's only steps away from a world-famous destination. All rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, HDTV, free parking, free breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Park Vue Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Vue Hotel Anaheim
- Park Vue Motel