“Walk across the street an you're there!!!”
Review of Park Vue Inn

Park Vue Inn
Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Walk across the street an you're there!!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

First time staying here. Booked late on a busy weekend an still got a deal. Arrived early an left my bag at the front desk. They took it to my room later an turn a light on an the a/c. I was like sweet!!! So thanks hotel staff! Both staff I dealt with at the front deal were very nice an willing to help. Room was clean lots of channels on the t.v., I like the wood laminate in the bathroom area. Helps to show its clean an cleaned daily. Fridge worked good. Beds were comfortable an clean. You also get a 10 percent discount at the Cold Stone ice cream place in front of the hotel. Overall great stay enjoyed the rooms, staff an hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank evanbizkit78
Brian D, General Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Vue Inn. My staff was very happy to read the great comments you left about their customer service. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Disneyland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Hillsboro, OR
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place does not get 5 stars because the rooms are huge or that the bathrooms are filled with marble. It's the location that brought us back (again) with a different set of grandkids. An easy walk, perhaps 5 minutes, to the main gate at Disneyland Park. And if you go to the Park EARLY in the morning you will actually get to ride some of the high-demand rides before the lines stretch out for an hour wait. When that happens back to the motel pool, a snack and a nap. And parking is FREE, unlike the next door property that charges more for rooms and then hits you with an $8 charge for parking your car. The rooms are in fact large with two doubles, the kiddy rooms with a double and a bunk seemed smaller. The beds are firm, the towels fluffy, and the flat screen is 37 inches. Coffee pot, microwave, and programmable safe. Full tub with shower. Pretty clean and pretty quiet even though full. The free breakfast seems to have improved a bit, always a bowl of fresh melon, yogurt and then the typical 'stuff', potatoes, turkey sausages, cereals, waffles, breads, and scrambled eggs. The breakfast room is small, go early or eat outside on the patio which can be cool early in the a.m.. The patio will also double as a fireworks viewing stand although some of the lower bursts are obscured by Disney buildings.

Room Tip: Second floor in back corner is quiet and has more sunlight
2 Thank oldpo
Thank you for continuing to choose the Park Vue Inn as your destination hotel when visiting Disneyland. We truly appreciate your review and look forward to your next visit.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2014

For your trip to Disneyland, this motel/hotel is located in the absolute best position, virtually right across the street from the front gate (cross over one road & you are in the walkway to Disneyland). We stayed in a family room which had two queen beds, the room was neat & tidy & covered all our needs. The hotel has a nice pool, it has a shop & plenty of food options in close proximity.
The biggest asset though is its location, after 10hrs at Disneyland, there is nothing better than having to just walk across the road to your hotel & not have to travel around!!

5 Thank cheekycherub
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Booked this for 5 nights during spring break in March 2014. Ended up only needing 4 nights due to our travel plans changing on the way there. They had no problem canceling our last night. We arrived around 7:30 pm and were able to check in quickly and get to our room right away.

LOCATION was awesome! Right across the street from the Disney entrance. No need for any shuttles. I didn't want to fuss with a stroller on a bus. You can see the fireworks from the terrace. Lobby was clean and spacious. Staff was friendly. There is an outdoor pool, but we didn't use it. I love that parking, wifi, and breakfast are all included in my rate! Show your room key at the Cold Stone downstairs for a 10% discount too! Right next door to a 24-hour IHOP and McDonalds is pretty close too, for when you get back late at night and have the munchies. They also have a room-service menu provided by a third party, I think they deliver until 11:00?

ROOM:
We have 3 kids including a baby. We had a queen with a bunk bed. Kids loved the bunk beds and we ordered a crib for the baby. The room was smaller than I had anticipated but it was doable as long as everyone picks up after themselves and doesn't leave shoes in the middle of the floor! (I also always pack a pop-up hamper for dirty cloths. It keeps them off the floor.)

We stayed in room 207, top floor near the front. There are no elevators, but with 2 adults we got the stroller up the stairs at the end of our Disney days. I didn't have any issues with noise, either traffic or families. (With the exeption of one idiot who thought it was a good idea to honk his horn repeatedly at 11:45 pm to pick someone up.) We were near the breakfast area so I anticipated being awakened by running/screaming kids early in the morning. But surprisingly we were able to sleep later than I had planned! The air conditioner was even quiet! We're used to a little more noise and ended up sleeping with the bathroom fan/light on and closed the door slightly. (white noise helps the baby sleep)

CLEAN:
The room was clean, beds and bath were clean, linens/towels had no stains. No mildew in the shower. I wasn't afraid to take my shoes off either. I loved coming back from Disney to a clean room and trash emptied and beds made! One day housekeeping took the dirty towels but forgot to leave fresh ones. Didn't realize it until I was getting the baby out of the bath and had to use hand towels. But we called the front desk and fresh towels were delivered within minutes even though it was past 10:30pm. - Mattress was a little firm for me, but I did ok. The more days we spent at Disney, the better I slept, haha! Hubby loved the pillows and considered purchasing one! Kids slept like logs on the bunk beds. I do wish there were more outlets by the beds. My husband uses a sleep apnea machine and it needs to be plugged in next to the bed, so I had to charge my phone on the desk. Microwave, fridge, and safe are also in the room.

BREAKFAST was amazing! Everyday there are fresh waffles, scrambled eggs, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, fresh cut fruit, toasts/bagles, cereals, oatmeal packs. And depending on the day there are either biscuits & gravy and bacon, or country potatoes and sausage. Also has hot cocoa, apple & orange juices. Breakfast is served from 7:00 - 10:00, and the staff is very good about keeping things filled. You can either eat in the breakfast room, or on the adjoining terrace and enjoy the Disneyland view! There were plenty of tables and even 2 highchairs. I never had to wait or search for an available table.

My only complaint, that really has nothing to do with the hotel itself. I'm not sure of the hotel's smoking policy, but the guy below us was smoking just outside his door on the tailgate of his truck that was backed in, and it wafted up so we couldn't open our door without smelling smoke. (I was a little tempted to throw a dirty diaper down into his truck! Lol!) I didn't look to see if there were any no smoking signs. If there aren't, they would be helpful, especially with smoking so close to the building.

4 Thank jenice s
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed March 3-8, 2014. Double Queen Mini Suite

I have 2 young boys that need their afternoon naps, so location was primary in deciding what hotel I wanted. We chose Park Vue Inn because a) location, b) price was VERY reasonable c) Tripadvisor reviews were good.

We were on the ground floor, relatively close to reception. So here are a couple of our observations / recommendations:

If you have a stroller (we have a double), I'd advise a room on the 1st floor. You stay at PVI because you want to come and go to DL at our leisure. Do you really want to lug your stroller up and down the stairs each time?

Breakfast is fantastic! Scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausages, bacon, waffle station, + the normal cereals and drinks. Whoever is complaining about the breaky here has to put things in perspective. This isn't a $400/n Four Seasons.

Plenty of parking and the staff here are top-notch.

Lastly, I want to comment on the room. It was fully stocked, beds were among the comfiest I've ever slept on, and wifi was fast (though it did require you to relogin every 24hrs). My only complaint is the carpet. It was vacuumed and appeared clean, but 5 minutes walking around in white socks revealed a much different story. No biggie for me as I can walk around in shoes. But I really didn't want my kids to be playing on that floor. I understand that the hotel is going through some refurbishments right now (we didn't see any), so perhaps this will be addressed. I didn't want to downgrade my rated from 5 to 4 because of this because the overall experience was great, but I am visiting DL again in 6 months and would like my same room here.... but only if they deal with those nasty carpets.

Cheers everyone.

Room Tip: If you have a stroller, get the ground floor. The noise that other reviewers commented on wasn't...
3 Thank TheFacs
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for all the kind words about our staff, the property and the services. Regarding your concern, we do steam clean every carpet every month. However most people do wear shoes in the room so they are hard to keep spotless. We are having new carpet installed this May along with the new furniture. We appreciate your business and we hope you will consider the Park Vue Inn again on your next trip to Disneyland.
Livermore, California
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have a family of 5. The first night we stayed in a room with a queen and a bunk bed which was fine but the second night they moved our things for us at our request while we were at the park to a room with a bunk and 2 queens. Way more comfortable. We used the pool and hot tub which were okay but nothing special. The free breakfast is a big plus. Waffles, eggs, cereal and bagels. Bacon or sausage too. I think this was a great added value to the hotel. Staff was really friendly. We could see the Disneyland fireworks from our window and I think every room probably had that view. It's one of the closest hotels walkable to the park. We will probably book there again if we don't stay in the resort.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank tobshan
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Park Vue Inn for your Disney vacation stay. We are very pleased that you and your family had a great stay. We hope to have you stay with us again on your next visit to Anaheim.
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Make no mistake ... This is not a Luxury Hotel. However, the rooms were clean, efficient, and affordable. The staff was polite, accommodating and helpful. But the biggest and best selling point is that it is literally right across the street from Disneyland. We walked both days ... It is maybe a 2 minute walk .... And watched the fireworks show from the breakfast balcony. Speaking of breakfast, the continental breakfast is standard - nothing special but it is also efficient and the staff keeps the room clean. Would stay here again (unless somebody wants to help pay to stay in the park).

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Joseph C
Thank you for writing a very succinct review of your experience. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and facilities. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again.